Looking for effective environmental quotes to get more people excited about sustainability? Then you've come to the right place! The Environmental problems of our time are getting bigger and bigger. We have to change, there is no alternative. But if you want to change something in society and get other people involved, you always need effective words and the necessary incentives. Of course, this also applies to a sustainable lifestyle and the protection of our planet.
In this article, I present you the most valuable quotes and sayings about sustainability that inspire and motivate me and many other people to work for environmental protection every day. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about sustainability have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Environmental Protection Quotes And Sayings About Sustainability
In life, there are always phases in which you need an extra portion of Motivation and perseverance needs. As environmental challenges such as the climate change, the air pollution or the plastic waste in the world's oceans cannot be mastered overnight, the same applies to environmental protection.
Memorable quotes give me the crucial stamina and belief that we can all together make a difference can. My favorite quotes around the topics of environmental protection, conservation and Sustainability I would like to give you now to the hand. In the hope that they also inspire you.
Sustainability Quotes 1 - 10
- "We are living in dangerous times. Men control nature before they are even able to control themselves." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "To think about the end in everything you do, that is sustainability." (Eric Schweitzer)
- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." (Albert Einstein)
- "Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like." (Will Rogers)
- "Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and nature are in fact plans to protect man." (Stewart Udall)
- "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Any stupid boy can crush a bug. But all the professors in the world can't make one." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Yes, we could do something about climate change now, but if we then found out in 50 years that all the scientists were wrong after all and there was no global warming at all, then we would have ensured, for no reason at all, that even in the cities you can breathe the air again, that the rivers are no longer toxic, that cars make neither noise nor stink, and that we are no longer dependent on dictators and their oil reserves. That would make us pretty angry." (Marc-Uwe Kling)
- "Woe to humanity, should only a single animal have a seat in the Last Judgement." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "As long as people think that animals don't feel, animals will have to feel that people don't think." (Unknown)
Sustainability Quotes 11 - 20
- "If you want the world to stay the way it is, you don't want it to stay." (Erich Fried)
- "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." (Robert Swan)
- "Animal protection is education to humanity." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Be yourself the change you wish to see in this world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "What we do today will determine what the world looks like tomorrow." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do." (Molière)
- "Buy less, choose well, make it last." (Vivienne Westwood)
- "It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." (William Shakespeare)
- "Everyone wants to get back to nature. But none on foot." (Werner Mitsch)
- "Whales are the memory of the earth and guardians of time. When they no longer exist, man's days are numbered." (Proverb)
Sustainability Quotes 21 - 30
- „Our common Mother Nature is showing her children more and more clearly that she has run out of patience." (Dalai Lama)
- "Only beautiful animals or ugly people wear fur." (Unknown)
- "Your receipt is your ballot. Every damn time." (Unknown)
- "Those who always do what they already know how to do will always remain what they already are." (Henry Ford)
- "The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it." (Ernest Hemingway)
- "Many small people, in many small places, do many small things, that can alter the face of the world." (African proverb)
- "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." (Vincent van Gogh)
- "Minimalism is not about having nothing, it's about having no burden." (Unknown)
- "Remember, it says 'best before' not 'immediately fatal as of'." (Unknown)
- "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." (Paul McCartney)
Sustainability Quotes 31 - 40
- "The future is not a blow of fate, but the consequence of the choices we make today." (Franz Alt)
- "The best mental institution is by far the open nature." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Our planet is our home, our only home. Where will we go if we destroy it?"(Dalai Lama)
- "People would rather go down before changing their habits." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Nature never deceives us. It is always we who deceive ourselves." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "Environmental protection is an opportunity and not a burden we have to bear." (Helmut Sihler)
- "Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart." (Confucius)
- "The same natural forces that enable us to fly to the stars also enable us to destroy our star." (Wernher von Braun)
- "Anything that is against nature will not last in the long run." (Charles Darwin)
- "The world has enough for everyone's needs, but not everyone's greed." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Sustainability Quotes 41 - 50
- "It is cheaper to protect the planet now than to fix it later." (José Manuel Barroso)
- "Reason starts in the kitchen." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Environmental protection is posterity protection." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." (Socrates)
- "'It's just a straw,' said 8 billion people." (Unknown)
- "Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish been caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize we cannot eat money." (Wisdom of the Cree)
- "Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Many little people in many little places doing many little things can change the face of this world." (African proverb)
- "Many would like to lead a simpler life if it wasn't so complicated to reach that state." (Justus Jonas)
- "The purest form of insanity is to leave everything the same and the same time hope that things will change." (Albert Einstein)
Tip: "I alone can't change anything anyway!" - have you ever heard the saying or even said it yourself in order not to have to change? In the linked article you will learn why this assumption is fundamentally wrong and why you are never alone with the desire for positive change.
Sustainability Quotes 51 - 60
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." (Aldous Huxley)
- "Nature doesn't need people - people need nature; nature would survive the extinction of the human being and go on just fine, but human culture, human beings, cannot survive without nature." (Henry Ford)
- "The most environmentally friendly product is the one you didn't buy." (Joshua Becker)
- "Earth is not only our common heritage, it is also the source of life." (Dalai Lama)
- "Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries." (Jimmy Carter)
- "I have learned you are never too small to make a difference." (Greta Thunberg)
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."" (Margaret Mead)
- "As well as you want to do good, you can be sure to find enemies." (Voltaire)
- "You are not sovereign if you have a lot, but need little." (Niko Paech)
Sustainability Quotes 61 - 70
- "We deal with this world as if we had a second one in the trunk." (Jane Fonda)
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act." (Albert Einstein)
- "It's not your fault that the world is the way it is. It would only be your fault if it stays that way." (The Doctors)
- "All animals know it, except man, that the highest goal of life is joy." (Samuel Butler)
- "We inherited nature from our parents. But we have also borrowed it from our children." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- "One must never stop imagining the world as it would be most reasonable." (Friedrich Dürrenmatt)
- "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." (Edmund Burke)
- "Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." (W. H. Auden)
- "Small acts, when multiplied by millions, can change the world." (Howard Zinn)
Notice: I'll keep adding to this list of the most valuable environmental protection quotes. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments 🙂 .
More nature and environmental protection quotes of specific topics
I probably could have listed 500 inspirational sayings in this article, however, of course, I want to keep track. A more detailed collection to match, deeper areas of sustainability, nature and environmental protection, as well as personal developmentYou will therefore find more information in the following articles.
More quotes about sustainability, nature and environment
Quotes About Sustainable Behavior And Life
Quotes About A Human Character And Change
- Motivation quotes
- Do-gooder Quotes
- Good Deeds Quotes
- Challenge quotes
- Optimism Quotes
- Founder quotes
- Role Model Quotes
- Respect Quotes
- Patience Quotes
- Courage Quotes
- Willpower Quotes
- Error quotes
- Personality Quotes
- Love Quotes
- Dreams Quotes
- Helpfulness Quotes
- Mindfulness Quotes
- Justice Quotes
- Hate Quotes
- Time quotes
- Ignorance Quotes
- Youth Quotes
- Faithful quotes
- Breath quotes
- Death Quotes
- Reason Quotes
- Progress Quotes
- Decisions quotes
- Age Quotes
- Happiness Quotes
- Health Quotes
- Humanity Quotes
- Empathy Quotes
- Change quotes
- Loneliness Quotes
- Arrogance Quotes
- Fantasy Quotes
- Joy of Life Quotes
- Intelligence Quotes
- Selfishness Quotes
- Curiosity Quotes
- Creativity Quotes
- Gratitude Quotes
- Tolerance Quotes
- Serenity Quotes
- Honesty Quotes
- Modesty Quotes
- Friendship Quotes
- Self Love Quotes
- Emotions Quotes
- Freedom Quotes
- Security quotes
- Kindness Quotes
- Memories Quotes
- Peace Quotes
- Experience quotes
- Famous quotes
- Quotes to think about
All of these subject areas and categories are related in some way. So if you haven't found it in this article yet, I guarantee you will in the linked collections of quotes! And then there is also the Quotes blog. There I will constantly publish new lists of sayings about important aspects around a human, natural, sustainable way of life.
Can you think of any other environmental protection quotes? Or do you know other topics for which I should definitely make an inspiring collection of sayings? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about environmental protection and sustainability
How can I protect the environment and live more sustainably?
Each of us has countless possibilities available to the Protect the environment in everyday life.
For example, you can consciously avoid waste and collect it from the environment, save water and electricity, eat a plant-based, regional and seasonal diet, reduce your consumption to sensible items, prefer public transport or use a Create sustainable garden rich in species.
What is meant by the term sustainability?
Sustainability and sustainable development are understood to mean forward-looking actionthat satisfies the needs of the present in such a way that the opportunities of future generations are not restricted.
The model "Triangle of sustainability" is intended to assist in this endeavor by giving equal consideration to economic efficiency, social equity, and environmental sustainability wherever possible.
How can we define environmental awareness?
Environmental awareness means recognizing that people can damage the natural environment - and thus their own livelihood - or endanger its natural balance. Those who adapt accordingly and behave considerately, so as not to harm the environment, is considered environmentally conscious.
Use quotes about sustainability and environmental protection
Use the environmental protection quotes to gather new motivation yourself in the fight for a better world and to get other people to rethink as well. It is the small but powerful words that enlighten and awaken people. And I hope you found them in the collection of quotes about sustainability and environmentally conscious living.
In conclusion, I would like to offer you next to my Book "Sustainable Living for Beginners (is available here*) also still some further articles that could make your everyday life even more sustainable:
- Zero Waste Tips - Simply avoid waste in everyday life
- Minimalism - How does the minimalist life work?
- Sustainability terminology - The most important definitions
- Why vegan? The best reasons for a vegan lifestyle
Do you have any questions or suggestions? And maybe more quotes about environmental protection that should have a place here? Then always bring them to us in the comments!
PS: In my Environmental protection blog you'll find more tips and tricks that can help you make a difference in everyday life. For example, learn how to create a Start online petition, to fight a grievance in our society.