Are you looking for sayings about well-being and health? Then you are absolutely right here! You might think that everyone should be aware of the importance of their own physical and mental well-being. However, since we Germans, for example, only move an average of 700 meters a day₁, the opposite is unfortunately more likely to be the case. In addition, we eat over-sugared convenience foods, drink water with Microplastics, smoke toxic cigarettes, bite into meat with antibiotic residues, and breathe pollutant-rich air that we ourselves pollute. A health-conscious lifestyle definitely looks different.
Therefore, I would like to provide you with a list of short, valuable quotes and wisdom about health, which should inspire everyone to consider their own health as the most valuable asset. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about health have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 60 Best Quotes About Health
Today we have to deal with the biggest Environmental problems of our time which are exclusively caused by us humans. Whether climate change, Deforestation or air pollution. But no one can stay healthy in a sick environment. Not even we humans. To make matters worse, in everyday life we tend to be tempted to behave in ways that are not good for us in the long run.
So use the following health quotes and internalize the value of health for yourself and all other living beings on the planet.
Health Quotes 1 - 10
- "There are thousands of diseases, but there's only one health." (Ludwig Börne)
- "Health is not everything, but without health, everything is nothing." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Nature is the best pharmacy." (Sebastian Kneipp)
- "Do something good for your body, so that your soul wants to live in it." (Teresa of Ávila)
- "Every disease is curable - but not every patient." (Hildegard of Bingen)
- "You can have all the riches and success in the world, but if you don't have your health, you have nothing." (Steven Adler)
- "I've decided to be happy because it's good for my health." (Voltaire)
- "Nothing speeds up recovery like regular medical bills." (Alec Guinness)
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." (Jim Rohn)
- "Those who think they have no time for their health will sooner or later have to find time for illness." (Chinese proverb)
Health Quotes 11 - 20
- "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. A man can be destroyed but not defeated." (Ernest Hemingway)
- "Health is the first duty in life." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Persistent viruses require persistent virologists." (Harald zur Hausen)
- "It is hard to appreciate the value of being healthy until you are sick." (German proverb)
- "Truth is a disgusting medicine; you'd rather stay sick before you decide to take it." (August von Kotzebue)
- "There are people who work pathologically on their health." (Gerhard Uhlenbruck)
- "Wealth is a lot. Contentment is more. Health is everything!" (Asian wisdom)
- "Investing in health will produce enormous benefits." (Gro Harlem Brundtland)
- "Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody." (Mark Twain)
- "An untrained brain is more harmful to health than an untrained body." (George Bernard Shaw)
Health Quotes 21 - 30
- "Health: always listen to your body signals. If it's whistling in your ear, take the tea kettle off the stovetop." (Elmar Hörig)
- "A healthy outside starts with a healthy inside." (Robert Urich)
- "Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived." (Dalai Lama)
- "Time is a good doctor, but a bad beautician." (William Somerset Maugham)
- "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "Health is not a condition of matter, but of mind." (Mary Baker Eddy)
- "Happiness lies first of all in health." (George William Curtis)
- "The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." (Paracelsus)
- "More love and less Valium should prevail in republics health care system." (Ellis E. Huber)
- "An ardent smoker who always reads about the danger of smoking to health will, in most cases, stop - reading." (Winston Churchill)
Tip: How you guaranteed to stop smoking you will find out now in the linked article!
Health Quotes 31 - 40
- "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." (Mark Twain)
- "The best doctor is nature, for she not only cures many sufferings, but also never speaks ill of a colleague." (Ernst Ferdinand Sauerbruch)
- "The wish for healing has always been half of health." (Lucius Annaeus)
- "What good is it if we get more and more people jogging, but at the same time the air we breathe is getting thinner and thinner?" (Eckhard Schupeta)
- "There's nothing more important than our good health - that's our main investment." (Arlen Specter)
- "Most of the time, you don't start maintaining your health, but what's left of it." (German proverb)
- "It is the mind itself which builds the body." (Friedrich Schiller)
- "Many a health has been ruined by drinking to the health of others." (Heinz Rühmann)
- "It is better to worry a little more about your health every day than to worry a lot about your illness later." (Sebastian Kneipp)
- "Money: a means of having everything except a sincere friend, an unselfish lover, and good health." (George Bernard Shaw)
Tip: Did you know that your own health, along with the protection of animals and the environment, is one of the most essential Reasons is to live vegan? In the linked article you can learn more!
Health Quotes 41 - 50
- "The soul is healed by being with children." (Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky)
- "Health is not valued till sickness comes." (Thomas Fuller)
- "A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." (Hippocrates)
- "He who recognizes an evil has almost cured it." (Prentice Mulford)
- "The first wealth is health." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The feeling of health can only be gained by sickness." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "You don't get health in stores, you get it through lifestyle." (Sebastian Kneipp)
- "I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you." (Joyce Meyer)
- "Healing is a matter of time. But sometimes it's also a matter of a favorable opportunity." (Hippocrates)
- "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Health Quotes 51 - 60
- "The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman." (Jonathan Swift)
- "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." (Buddha)
- "The groundwork of all happiness is health." (Leigh Hunt)
- "Giving up smoking is easy…I've done it hundreds of times." (Mark Twain)
- "The most precious things in life are not those you get for money." (Albert Einstein)
- "I think that age as a number is not nearly as important as health. You can be in poor health and be pretty miserable at 40 or 50. If you're in good health, you can enjoy things into your 80s." (Bob Barker)
- "Laughter is a bodily exercise, precious to Health." (Aristotle)
- "Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." (Fred Rogers)
- "Give a man health and a course to steer, and he'll never stop to trouble about whether he's happy or not." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "If you take care of your body, your head will feel better, too." (Jil Sander)
Frequently asked questions about health
What is meant by the term health?
The World Health Organization defines health as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely freedom from disease or infirmity."
It is part of our everyday life and has a decisive influence on our quality of life. Moreover, it is the condition for personal social, economic development.
What are the types of health?
Health is our most important life task and is generally divided into psychological, physical and social well-being.
What is important for health?
The four pillars "sufficient exercise", "adequate stress management", "reduction of environmental toxins" and "individual health" must be kept in balance in order to provide the basis for a long and healthy life.
Use health quotes as a constant source of inspiration!
Health is our most important and valuable asset. If we are not healthy, everything else loses value and becomes absolutely incidental.
I think you'll feel pretty much the same way after reading these sayings about health wellness - and hope the collection of quotes has inspired you. Use them also to make others aware of the value of their own health.
If you want to live healthier directly, I can give you the Cookbook to the bestseller Vegan cliché goodbye by Niko Rittenau and Sebastian Copien. It offers you the ideal introduction to healthy, plant-based cuisine. Here you get it*.
Here I would like to give you finally some further articles that could promote your health:
- Advantages of cycling at a glance
- Being outdoors - Why it's so important for our health
- Plogging - jogging and environmental protection in one
- Tips for health at work
Do you have any questions or can you think of other inspirational health quotes that should be included here? Then just write me a short comment.
PS: Be sure to look a little more in the Natural Health Blog around. Find out, for example, which Dangers your smartphone and how you can Reduce screen time in a targeted manner simply by following your heart.
₁ C. Schüren: So (un)sportlich sind die Deutschen (Stand: 11.06.2014), available at https://www.welt.de/sonderthemen/deutschland-bewegt-sich/article128922556/So-un-sportlich-sind-die-Deutschen.html. [04.06.2020].