Looking for inspirational kindness quotes and the best sayings about polite behavior? Then you've come to the right place! With every action, every exchange of words and every gesture, we have the opportunity every day to be kind and attentive to our fellow human beings and fellow creatures.
Every opportunity holds the potential to change the course of a day, a life, or even the world. Because friendliness is more than just an act of politeness; it is an expression of warmth, kindness and genuine humanity. It is a world language that everyone understands - and a wonderful character trait.
In this article, I would like to give you the collection of the best short wisdoms, aphorisms and quotes about the power of kindness. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the kindness quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 50 Best Quotes About Kindness, Courtesy And Goodness
Inspirational sayings about being nice, polite and friendly serve as unmistakable reminders of how an act of kindness, no matter how insignificant and self-evident it may seem, Trigger a wave of positivity that goes far beyond our imagination.
Mercy, helpfulness, compassion, support, consideration, solidarity - These are human values that ensure peaceful coexistence among us humans. Use the following quotes to make yourself aware of this. And also use them against hate on the net, bullying and other hostilities in our society.
Kindness Quotes 1 - 10
- "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." (Mark Twain)
- "A kind word costs nothing, and yet it is the most beautiful of all gifts." (Daphne du Maurier)
- "Politeness is the flower of humanity." (Joseph Joubert)
- "How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time." (Morgan Freeman)
- "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." (Desmond Tutu)
- "It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal." (Joaquin Phoenix)
- "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of it for another." (Charles Dickens)
- "Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves." (Ambrose Bierce)
- "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are." (Harold S. Kushner)
Kindness Quotes 11 - 20
- "Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future." (David Mitchell)
- "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." (George Washington)
- "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "He who makes others next to him small will never be great." (Johann Gottfried Seume)
- "Helpfulness cannot be established by edicts. It must arise in people's hearts." (Sigmund Widmer)
- "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." (Tenzin Gyatso)
- "Openness is a key that can open many doors." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life." (Jackie Chan)
- "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Kindness is something so simple: always be there for others, never seek yourself." (Dag Hammarskjöld)
Kindness Quotes 21 - 30
- "A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve." (Joseph Joubert)
- "It is ever true that he who does nothing for others, does nothing for himself." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "You can't beat anything into the animals, but you can stroke some things out of them." (Astrid Lindgren)
- "Nothing in the world is as contagious as laughter and good humor." (Charles Dickens)
- "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." (Mother Teresa)
- "When I was Young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." (Abraham Joshua Heschel)
- "If you want to do good, you have to do it wastefully." (Martin Luther)
- "Where love grows, life flourishes - where hate arises, doom threatens." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said." (Voltaire)
- "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." (Lao Tzu)
Tip: You can be kind not only to other people, but also, for example, to animals and the environment. How you Carry out animal welfare in everyday life and basically live more sustainably I'll explain how you can do this in the linked blog articles.
Kindness Quotes 31 - 40
- "Good things that a person gives out into the world are never lost." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Unifying means learning to share." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- "True happiness is doing good." (Socrates)
- "In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit." (Anne Frank)
- "Courage of the weak, gentleness of the strong – both adorable." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "To help without asking whom!" (Henri Dunant)
- "Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations." (Paramahansa Yogananda)
- "Finding people who feel for and with us is probably the greatest happiness on earth." (Carl Spitteler)
Kindness Quotes 41 - 50
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Kindness is like snow – it beautifies everything it covers." (Kahlil Gibran)
- "Grateful people are like fertile fields. You give back what you have received tenfold." (August von Kotzebue)
- "Punctuality is the politeness of kings." (Louis XVIII)
- "Nearly all our originality comes from the stamp that time impresses upon our sensibility." (Charles Baudelaire)
- "Every friendly face can be a home." (Erhard Schümmelfede)
- "Tact is the ability to help others get on their feet without stepping on their toes." (Curt Goetz)
- "Compassion, in which all ethics must take root, can only attain its full breadth and depth if it embraces all living creatures and does not limit itself to mankind." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle." (Charles Glassman)
- "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." (Aesop)
Can you think of any other sayings about kindness, niceness and politeness that are missing from this list? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Common questions about friendliness
What is friendly behavior?
Friendly behavior is expressed in respectful, considerate and helpful behavior towards others, often coupled with a positive and cordial demeanor. Friendly people are, for example, patient, honest, emphatic and see above all the good in their fellow human beings.
Why is it important to be friendly?
Being friendly, Promotes relationships, creates a pleasant atmosphere and can significantly increase both our own well-being and the well-being of others.
Friendliness promotes interaction with each other and is even able to prevent violent confrontations or break them up.
Is kindness a character trait?
Yes, kindness is a personal character trait that is expressed in empathetic, respectful, and benevolent actions toward others. It applies also as an individual trait because it is not natural for all people.
Using The Best Quotes About Politeness And Kindness For Inspiration
Whether you're holding the door open for others, mowing their lawn, explaining the way to a destination, cheering them up, or helping them out of a difficult situation in life, being kind is always the right thing to do.
Consider the sayings and wisdom from this collection as invitations to act kindly, to empathy and to spreading love and courtesy in our often hectic world. Ultimately, it is kindness that makes us human and the world a better place.
In conclusion, I have here some further articles for you that can serve respectful action in everyday life:
- Good deeds in everyday life - The best ideas
- Questions to get to know each other and keep conversations going
- Vegan for human rights - Why veganism not only helps animals
- Protecting the environment in everyday life - What everyone can do
I sincerely hope that this collection of quotes has further enhanced your appreciation for the power of politeness, niceness, cordiality and kindness. Do you have questions, suggestions, or can you think of more kindness quotes? If so, I look forward to your comments!
PS: For many people, belief in karma is a major driver of kind behavior in everyday life. How you can change your Improve karma you can find out now in the next blog post. Good luck!