Are you looking for inspiring Animal welfare quotes in the fight against animal cruelty? Then you've come to the right place. The sayings from this collection inspire, for example, to vegan diet, to the commitment against the Species extinction or to this, observed Cruelty to animals report directly. Animals give us love, but they have no voice to demand it from us.
This is exactly what makes it so important that we consciously stand up for animals. Here you can now find valuable and effective animal protection quotes that you can use as a boost of inspiration in the fight against animal cruelty.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about animal welfare have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The most effective quotes for the protection of animals
Whenever I have a little time on my hands and am looking for a boost of extra motivation, I take a look at these quotes. Here is a collection of inspirational sayings for animals and against animal cruelty.
Animal Welfare Quotes #1-10
- "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." (Mahadma Gandhi)
- "As long as people think that animals don't feel, animals will have to feel that people don't think." (Unknown)
- "Animal protection is education to humanity." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness and misery." (Charles Darwin)
- "The world is not an inferior product, and animals are not a fabrication for our use." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "No animal deserves having its name misused to insult a human being with it." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
- "There are times when you need the silence of animals to recover from humans." (Unknown)
- "We don't have two hearts, one for animals and one for humans ; we have one heart or we don't have any." (Alphonse de Lamartine)
- "Man, do not pride yourself on your superiority to the animals, for they are without sin, while you, with all your greatness, you defile the earth wherever you appear and leave an ignoble trail behind you -- and that is true, alas, for almost every one of us!" (Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky)
- "Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Animal Welfare Quotes #11-20
- "He who tortures animals is unsouled and missing God's good spirit, however noble he may look, he should never be trusted." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "All animals know it, except man, that the highest goal of life is joy." (Samuel Butler)
- "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "You can't beat anything into the animals, but you can stroke some things out of them." (Astrid Lindgren)
- "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." (Louis Sabin)
- "Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "If you take in a starving dog and make sure it thrives, it will not bite you - This is the fundamental difference between dogs and humans." (Mark Twain)
- "Cruelty to animals and cruelty to humans are two sides of the same page on which history is written in blood." (Ulrich Erckenbrecht)
- "Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We live by the death of others. We are burial places." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it." (Albert Schweitzer)
Animal Welfare Quotes #21-30
- "Any foolish boy can stamp on a beetle, but all the professors in the world cannot make a beetle." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "It is the anonymity of animal victims that makes us deaf to their cries." (Luise Rinser)
- "Beasts, in the eyes of man, are animals that defend themselves when they are attacked." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "Only beautiful animals or ugly people wear fur." (Unknown)
- "The younger, simpler and more pious the people, the more love for animals." (Jean Paul)
- "You can't save all the dogs in the world, but you can save one dog's whole world!" (Karen Davison)
- "From animal murder to human murder is only one step, and so is from animal cruelty to human cruelty." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Tradition will accustom people to any atrocity." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "A dog's cold snout is delightfully warm against the callousness of some fellow humans." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
- "Many people don't know much more about their dogs than what they cost." (Horst Stern)
Animal Welfare Quotes #31-40
- "Animals flee from man because they can no longer recognize God's image in them." (Manfred Kyber)
- "Woe to humanity, should only a single animal have a seat in the Last Judgement." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." (Paul McCartney)
- "Animals often talk more reasonable with their eyes than humans with their mouths." (Ludovic Halévy)
- "Men are the devils of the earth, and the animals are the tormented souls." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but 'Can they suffer?'" (Jeremy Bentham)
- "Don't we seem animalic to animals when we find them human?" (Anke Maggauer-Kirsche)
- "Maybe the world would be a better place if people had muzzles and dogs had laws." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Cruelty to animals is one of the most significant vices of a low and ignoble people. Wherever one notices them, they constitute a sign of ignorance and brutality which cannot be painted over even by all the evidence of wealth and luxury." (Alexander von Humboldt)
- "Whole world ages of love will be necessary to repay the animals for their services and merits to us." (Christian Morgenstern)
Animal Welfare Quotes #41-57
- "When a human kills a tiger, it is called sport. When a tiger kills a human, it is cruelty." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "An animal in need is a sacred object." (Ovid)
- "Treat your pet like you can live with reversed roles in the next life without any problems." (Pascal Lachenmeier)
- "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)
- "I do feel that spiritual progress does demand at some stage that we should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction of our bodily wants." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men." (Alice Walker)
- "Injustice remains injustice even if everyone participates." (Magnus Schwantje)
- "I am life that wants to live, in the midst of life that wants to live." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "There are two categories of animals. One believes that there are two categories and the other suffers from it." (Richard David Precht)
- "Freedom consists in being able to do anything that does not harm another." (Matthias Claudius)
- "We will not be able to make up in eternity what we have done to the animals." (Mark Twain)
- "For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other." (Pythagoras)
- "The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men." (Émile Zola)
- "Love for all living beings is the noblest quality of man." (Charles Darwin)
- "Babies and animals are the mirrors of nature." (Epicurus of Samos)
- "The animals are our brothers, big and small. Only in this knowledge do we arrive at true humanity." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "The oppression of animals is the gateway drug to oppressing humans." (Dr. Alex Hershaft)
Tip: If you want to get even more involved with animals, you can also learn from the post about the best Animal welfare organizations get inspired.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Why is animal welfare so important?
Animals are sentient beings that can feel pain, fear and pleasure, just like you and me. Animal protection tries to preserve their right to integrity. Unfortunately, animals do not speak our language, which makes animal protection by humans all the more important.
Why should you get involved in animal welfare?
Animals are incredibly grateful to their rescuers and protectors. Working in animal welfare underlines your big heart and makes you happy - not least because you can save and enrich the lives of other sentient beings.
How can I help animals in everyday life?
You can Help animals in everyday lifeBy eating a plant-based diet, avoiding the purchase of products that are tested on animals, taking in an animal from an animal welfare organization, reporting observed animal cruelty to the police, and avoiding clothing made of animal materials (such as down, leather, or silk). You can also make a valuable contribution by collecting waste from the environment or making your garden insect and bird friendly.
Use Animal Welfare Quotes In The Fight Against Animal Cruelty
Whether you're an enlightened journalist, run an animal blog, or just need some reasons to change your diet to veganism or vegetarianism: These animal welfare quotes should help you do just that! Animals are emotional beings. Respect for animals is human - and should be a valuable part of your personal attitude.
Do you have more quotes against animal cruelty and for the protection of animals? Then just write a comment with your ideas under this post.
Stay pet friendly,
PS.: In the Animal welfare blog you will get more tips matching these quotes. For example, take a look at the article about Factory farmingto find out exactly what is behind it.
Super selected sayings! You just have to open your eyes!
Good luck with your work, Christoph and many thanks!
Thanks for this wonderful collection. You rock!