Looking for quotes about education and knowledge? Then you've come to the right place. A sound knowledge is the key to the greatest environmental problems of our time To solve. To lead discussions and successfully master challenges. But knowledge also means constantly educating ourselves. Without the interplay of education and knowledge, we would not continue to develop.
In this collection of quotes, I would therefore like to give you a cornucopia of inspiring and motivating sayings about education and knowledge.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about education have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The best sayings about education and knowledge
Whether at school or university - everyone knows those moments when you think: what are you doing all this for? Nothing you learn and know is superfluous - we learn every day - directly and indirectly. And sooner or later it pays off. As promised, I'd like to give you some rousing quotes about education here now.
Education Quotes #1-10
- "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world." (Nelson Mandela)
- "There is only one thing in the long run more expensive than education: no education." (John F. Kennedy)
- "Learning is like rowing against the stream. As soon as you stop, you drift back." (Benjamin Britten)
- "Man is what he should be as a man only through education." (Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel)
- "If you have to pay to learn the hard way, don't grind your teeth: It is, after all, the best invested money in this world." (Karl-Heinz Söhler)
- "Education is not knowledge, but interest in knowledge." (Hans Margolius)
- "If life is the highest good, education is the key to the highest good." (Ernst von Feuchtersleben)
- "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Education begins with curiosity." (Peter Bieri)
- "Education is not limited to school. It continues relentlessly until the end of life." (Peter Ustinov)
Education Quotes #11-20
- "High education can be demonstrated by knowing how to explain the most complicated things in a simple way." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Natural mind can replace almost any degree of education, but no education can replace natural mind." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Education comes not from reading but from thinking about what they read." (Carl Hilty)
- "No one judges more harshly than the uneducated; he knows neither reasons nor counter-arguments." (Anselm Feuerbach)
- "What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Isaac Newton)
- "Everyone who knows how to read has it in their power to magnify themselves, to multiply the ways in which they exist, to make their life full, significant, and interesting." (Aldous Huxley)
- "Beyond its mere efficiency, the quality of education depends above all on the values and goals in people's coexistence." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- „Knowledge means knowing where it is written."(Albert Einstein)
- "The educated is someone who has the broadest and deepest understanding of the many ways to live a human life." (Peter Bieri)
- "Knowledge is power, power is knowledge." (Wilhelm Liebknecht)
Education Quotes #21-30
- "The best education for a clever person is found in travel." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "A gram of intelligence is worth a pound of education, because where there is intelligence, education sets itself." (Louis Bromfield)
- "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." (Confucius)
- "The wonderful thing about education is that everyone wants it and you can pass it on like flu without giving up anything yourself." (Evelyn Arthur St. John Waugh)
- "Knowledge makes us accountable." (Che Guevara)
- "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." (Robert Frost)
- "Common sense can replace almost any level of education, but no level of education can replace common sense." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Educating yourself is wanting to learn how everything happens." (Epictetus)
- "Education is what remains after you have forgotten everything you learned in school." (Edward Wood)
- "The good man remains an apprentice for life." (Marcus Valerius Martial)
Education Quotes #31-40
- "There is no shame in not knowing something. The shame is in not being willing to learn." (Alison Croggon)
- "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." (Henry Ford)
- "Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." (Albert Einstein)
- "When curiosity turns to serious things, it's called a thirst for knowledge." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach )
- "Education is an untearable possession." (Menander)
- "You must have learned a lot to be able to ask about what you don't know." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "Education is a crutch with which the lame man beats the healthy to show that he also has strength." (Karl Kraus)
- "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "Just a little education adorns the whole person." (Heinrich Heine)
- "The great aim of education is not knowledge but action." (Herbert Spencer)
Use educational quotes as a constant source of motivation
Education and knowledge is closely intertwined with character traits such as curiosity, inquisitiveness, openness or interest together. Knowing that you don't yet know much about a particular topic like the Climate change knows, for example, is a good quality to have. You'd better be inquisitive first and eager to discuss things second. We need to change the world - and our education is the key.
I hope that the educational quotes and all the sayings about knowledge will be a sure source of constant inspiration and motivation for you.
Can you think of any other quotes about education? Then I look forward to your comment.