Looking for the best quotes about willpower, ambition and determination? Then you are absolutely right here! If you want to change yourself or the world in a positive way, you need incredible willpower - because bad habits or injustices are not eliminated overnight. It takes staying power and the unconditional will to stand up for your goals.
So now in this article I want to provide you with the sayings about determination, discipline and willpower that drive me every day to want to change the world in a positive way.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about willpower have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Quotes And Sayings About Willpower, Ambition And Discipline
Goals in life are something great because they give you a purpose for the day. For long-term incentive, they should be clearly described, measurable, realistic (but not too realistic), and preferably also timed. You've set a goal? Great!
Whatever you set your mind to, use the following willpower quotes and sayings about determination and willpower to permanently move mountains and drive others to do the same. Have fun!
Willpower Quotes 1 - 10
- "Strength does not grow from physical strength - rather from indomitable will." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "He who knows his goal will find the way." (Lao Tzu)
- "When everybody else thinks it’s the end, we have to begin." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "Time is what we lack especially there, where we lack will." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "The greatest pleasure in life is doing something that other people think you can't do." (Walter Bagehot)
- "He who fights, can lose. He who doesn’t fight, has already lost." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Oliver Goldsmith)
- "If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self?" (Napoleon Hill)
- "Ambition is to the soul what hunger is to the body." (Ludwig Börne)
- "Between ability and action lies a great sea, and at its bed even often the failed willpower." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Willpower Quotes 11 - 20
- "Be the master of your will and the servant of your conscience." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "No evil propensity of the human heart is so powerful that it may not be subdued by discipline." (Seneca)
- "Where a minimum of self-discipline is lacking, spiritual powers are dwindling." (Elisabeth Lukas)
- "Only the ambition through which vanity isn't shining has a future." (Sully Prudhomme)
- "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment." (Jim Rohn)
- "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
- "With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve." (Muhammad Ali Jinnah)
- "The dominion over the moment is the dominion over life." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "To have what you want is wealth, but doing it without wealth is power." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "With one stroke a strong decision transforms extreme calamity into a tolerable condition." (Stendhal)
Tip: From my own experience, I know that the right music can also push your willpower incredibly. Here are my favorite songs for motivation!
Willpower Quotes 21 - 30
- "Lack of discipline leads to frustration and self-loathing." (Marie Chapian)
- "There is no success where there is no willpower." (Proverb)
- "It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required." (Winston Churchill)
- "If you do the best you can, you have nothing to be ashamed of. A defeat is not a disgrace." (Dirk Nowitzki)
- "The wise never doubt. The Humane never worry. The brave never fear." (Confucius)
- "It always takes some good will to grasp even the simplest, to understand even the clearest." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Rule your mind, or it will rule you." (Horatius)
- "If we do not discipline ourselves the world will do it for us." (William Feather)
- "Discipline is remembering what you want." (David Campbell)
- "Of what use is freedom of thought, if it will not produce freedom of action?" (Jonathan Swift)
Willpower Quotes 31 - 40
- "If thou art a man, admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers." (Steve Jobs)
- "Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways." (Jackson Brown)
- "Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength." (Dalai Lama)
- "The worst of all human ailments: indecision." (Napoleon Hill)
- "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "If there is one faith that can move mountains, it is faith in one's own strength." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The power of thought is the light of knowledge, the power of will is the energy of character, the power of heart is love. Reason, love and power of will are perfections of man." (Ludwig Feuerbach)
- “If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." (Fred Devito)
- "Patience is a deed. Patience is a chain of deeds; patience is culminating willpower." (Carmen Sylva)
Willpower Quotes 41 - 50
- "Practice yourself, for heaven's sake in little things, and then proceed to greater." (Epictetus)
- "What you think you have to do is what you want to do." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." (Winston Churchill)
- "Against a better will the will fights bad." (Dante Alighieri)
- "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- "The best diamonds are found only beneath a thousand tons of dirt." (Kontra K)
- "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." (Louisa May Alcott)
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." (Nelson Mandela)
- "If you want to be a champion you cannot have any kind of an outside negative force coming in to deflect you." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- "In an individual case determination is an act of courage and, when it becomes your character, a habit of the soul." (Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz)
Tip: At motivational quotes you will find more inspiring sayings for even more drive and determination!
Willpower Quotes 51 - 60
- "The noble: «I will!» has no worse enemy than the cowardly, self-deceiving: «Yes, if I would!»" (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Indecision is to the soul what torture is to the body." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "Great sport begins at a point where it has ceased to be healthy." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "Discipline is the rule you give yourself before you get it from others." (Erhard Blanck)
- "There is nothing more pathetic in the world than an indecisive man." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." (Abraham Lincoln)
- "As you cannot do what you want, want what you can do." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm." (Charles F. Kettering)
- "Circumstances are beyond human control, but our conduct is in our own power." (Benjamin Disraeli)
- "Self discipline is that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another." (Joseph Addison)
Willpower Quotes 61 - 67
- "There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself." (Louis the Great)
- "Imagination, ideas, impulses and drive are the firewood for an fierily-lived intense life." (Christa Schyboll)
- "Defy, and victory will be yours." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present." (Albert Camus)
- "He who wants something great must know how to limit himself; he, on the other hand, who wants everything, in fact wants nothing and gets nowhere." (Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel)
- "For fanaticism is the only form of willpower that even the weak and insecure can be brought to attain." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Determination in adversity is always half the way to salvation." (Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi)
Can you think of any other willpower quotes and sayings about discipline and determination? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
What is meant by willpower?
Willpower is the ability and energy to transform desires and goals into results despite any obstacles and disruptive factors. Willpower, like discipline, determination, determination and drive, are not innate but trainable qualities of a person.
How do I become more strong-willed and disciplined?
In the course of your life, you get to know your own limits and abilities and can thus also specifically increase your willpower. This works primarily by challenging yourself and regularly doing things that require a certain amount of effort.
Why is discipline so important?
Discipline is an important virtue and character trait for all things you set out to do in life. Self-discipline helps you to cope better with setbacks. It also promotes your personal development and the likelihood that you will be strong-willed enough in the future to achieve the things you set out to do.
Quotes about using discipline and willpower for positive change!
I hope that the willpower quotes have helped you! Use them to achieve your goals, to push other people and to change the world.
Isn't it a great feeling to create something that no one thought you could do? I love to look at the surprised faces of people who stamped you out way too early, just because they thought the project was impossible in their own creative circle.
Depending on the goal, this can take a week - or even decades. Always remember that great, positive change always happens in stages. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you - and then you win. All it takes to make it happen is perseverance, determination and discipline.
Do you have questions, suggestions or more willpower quotes up your sleeve? Then just write me a comment.
PS.: Look you with pleasure still further on my Quotes page around! There you will also find for example the best sayings about environmental protection and sustainability.