Are you looking for Good Deeds Quotes? Then you are in the right place! Doing good and being a good person is something that makes you happy yourself and helps in the fight against the Environmental problems of our time can work miracles. There are too many pessimists and bad people in the world. And those who want to make the world a little better can simply do it themselves.
So now in this collection you will find valuable quotes about being good and inspirational sayings about good people. Have fun!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about good deeds have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Quotes About Good Deeds And Good People
Making the world a better place than you found it should be the overriding goal for everyone. Doing good contributes to achieving it. Now here you get a whole cornucopia of inspirational quotes about good deeds and good people.
Good Deeds Quotes 1-10
- "The only condition for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
- "What we do today will determine what the world looks like tomorrow." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "It is ever true that he who does nothing for others, does nothing for himself." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "There is no return for missed good deeds." (Hafis)
- "A good deed is one that brings a smile of joy to the face of another." (Muhammad)
- "Good deeds are done by good men." (Isaac Emmanuilovich Babel)
- "One of the saddest things in life is that a man must do many good deeds to prove that he is capable, but need only commit one mistake to prove that he good for nothing." (George Brand Shaw)
- "People forget about your good deeds, but they accuse you for your bad ones." (The Notorious B.I.G.)
- "Good deeds which expose others in their mischievousness are taken by them, with the most honest conviction, to be mischievously." (Leo Tolstoy)
Good Deeds Quotes 11-20
- "It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." (William Shakespeare)
- "As well as you want to do good, you can be sure to find enemies." (Voltaire)
- "It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable."" (Molière)
- "If you want to do good, you have to do it wastefully." (Martin Luther)
- "The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough." (Mother Teresa)
- "«He is a good man», people say thoughtlessly. They would be more frugal with this praise if they knew they had no higher to grant." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The greatest people are those who are able to give hope." (Jean Jaurès)
- "Do something beautiful. People might imitate it." (Proverb)
- "To be good is to be in harmony with oneself." (Oscar Wilde)
- "One has to do good in order for it to exist in the world." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Good Deeds Quotes 21-30
- "The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it." (Ernest Hemingway)
- "Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people." (Proverb)
- "Good things that a person gives out into the world are never lost." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Do not fail to exercise the powers of good." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The customs of nations are different, but good actions are recognized as such everywhere." (Proverb)
- "If you stop getting better, you've stopped being good." (Philip Rosenthal)
- "Good can never arise from lies and violence." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "A good weakness is better than a bad strength." (Charles Aznavour)
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Some people reject a good idea simply because it is not their own." (Luis Buñuel)
Good Deeds Quotes 31-40
- "Try and leave this world a little better than you found it." (Robert Baden-Powell)
- "The worst from which the world suffers is not the evil strength, but the weakness of the good." (Romain Rolland)
- "The times are very bad. Very well, you are there to make them better." (Thomas Carlyle)
- "No man’s good by accident. Virtue has to be learnt." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "I have learned you are never too small to make a difference." (Greta Thunberg)
- "Courage is good, but perseverance is better." (Theodor Fontane)
- "Even in dreams, good deeds are not lost." (Pedro Calderón de la Barca)
- "True happiness is doing good." (Socrates)
- "Evil cannot be done with the whole soul; good can only be done with the whole soul." (Martin Buber)
- "It's not hard to recognize the good, but it's probably hard to put it into action." (Confucius)
Good Deeds Quotes 41-46
- "You can't do good every day, but you can always do your best." (Karl-Heinz Karius)
- "We are born to do benefits." (William Shakespeare)
- "This is right charity: to do good to him who has hurt you." (Proverb)
- "Be a good person, but don't waste your time trying to prove it to others." (Keanu Reeves)
- "The good is not always recognized, but therefore one must not desist from being good. This is and remains my principle." (Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
- "There is nothing good unless you do it." (Erich Kästner)
Frequently asked questions about good people
How can you recognize a good person?
Good people stand up for positive, human values - they are compassionate, environmentally aware, warm, helpful, accepting, supportive, forgiving, give trust and love. But a good person also makes mistakes sometimes and stands by them.
What is a "do-gooder"?
The term "do-gooder" is nowadays mostly used as an ironic and pejorative description for a person who behaves politically correct to an apparently exaggerated extent or meticulously advocates political correctness. It is thus used as a kind of swear word, although it is, of course, positive when someone stands up for what is good in the world.
How can I help other people?
You can help others in many ways. For example, by sharing your lunch with a homeless person, lending a sympathetic ear, donating some money to charity, or offering your help when someone is clearly unwell.
Use Quotes About Good People And Deeds
What else is our task on this planet but to do good deeds every day? After all, bad deeds cannot fulfill anyone, but only cause suffering. I wish that by sharing these quotes about being good, I can make you an even better person whose positive attitude inspires others as well.
Do you have any questions or more quotes and sayings about doing good? Then just write a comment with your ideas.
PS.: Look times in the Environmental Protection Blog by! There you will find next to Quotes about sustainability also lots of other inspiration around eco-friendly living. For example, learn how to Sustainable gardening can!