Looking for effective quotes about food and a conscious diet? Then you've come to the right place! All the things we eat and drink every day leave their mark. They are reflected in our environment and our health. The way we eat has a significant influence on the Environmental problems of our time - either in a positive or negative sense.
Therefore, here I would like to give you especially inspiring sayings about nutrition, healthy food and drink, meals and cooking.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about food have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 40 Best Quotes And Sayings About Food And Cooking
In the past, I didn't care what I ate. Because I simply didn't realize that my own diet - and the diet of our society in general - was crucial for the Deforestation of the rainforests, for Cruelty to animals in the Factory farming or the global warming are responsible. Today I know better.
Sayings about food can help to make us aware of how valuable a conscious way of eating can be for ourselves and our environment. The following quotes motivate and inspire me especially!
Food Quotes 1 - 10
- "The way to health leads through the kitchen, not the pharmacy." (Sebastian Kneipp)
- “Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "You must offer something good to the body so that the soul wants to live in it." (Winston Churchill)
- "If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health." (Hippocrates)
- "Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness." (Auguste Escoffier)
- "You can't build peace on empty stomachs." (Norman Ernest Borlaug)
- "Cooking isn't a side issue, if only for the sake of our health." (Henriette Davidis)
- "The best doctors in the world are: Dr. Diet, Dr. Calm, and Dr. Cheerful." (Jonathan Swift)
- "If modern civilization man had to kill the animals he eats, the number of vegetarians would rise astronomically." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Reason starts in the kitchen." (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
Food Quotes 11 - 20
- “Let food be thy medicine." (Hippocrates)
- "In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eat about twice as much as nature requires." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Eating and nourishing can be worlds apart." (German proverb)
- "There is a constant tendency of all animate life to multiply to the point where the available food is insufficient." (Charles Darwin)
- "Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." (Socrates)
- "The mind is like the stomach. It is not how much you put into it that counts, but how much it digests." (Winston Churchill)
- "Love never dies of want, but often of indigestion." (Ninon de Lenclos)
- "The basis of our being is nourishment." (Johann Lafer)
- "A man shall not salt his meat with his neighbor's tears, nor cook his soup with his neighbor's fat." (Hermann Kesten)
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Food Quotes 21 - 30
- "Without my wife's kitchen, I wouldn't have become this old." (Winston Churchill)
- "Everyone eats and drinks; yet only few appreciate the taste of food." (Confucius)
- "Vanity rejects all healthy nourishment and lives exclusively on the poison of flattery." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "You must eat not only with your mouth but also with your head, so the fondness for sweet things of your mouth can't destroy you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Even the most obsessive vegetarians don't like to bite the dust." (Joachim Ringelnatz)
- "At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely." (William Somerset Maugham)
- "An empty stomach is not a good political adviser." (Albert Einstein)
- "We kill buffalo for food and clothing. Your young men shoot them for pleasure." (Sitting Bull, Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux Tribal Chief and Medicine Man)
- "'If someone asks me: How can you get as strong as an ox without eating any meat? My answer is: Have you ever seen an ox eating meat?" (Patrik Baboumian)
- "Kissing don't last: cookery do!" (George Meredith)
Tip: I have also given you a whole series of rousing Sayings in the fight against world hunger compiled. Look gladly times purely!
Food Quotes 31 - 40
- "I'm like a cook. When a film is ready, I sit down to see if the thing tastes good to others." (Roman Polański)
- "Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat." (Socrates)
- "Man like people who provide nourishment for the soul." (Elfriede Hablé)
- "Food comes first and then morality." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "It is not an art to be an honest man when you have soup, vegetables and meat to eat every day." (Georg Büchner)
- "The destiny of nations depends on how they nourish themselves." (Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin)
- "After a good meal, you don't skimp on change." (Henrik Ibsen)
- "What the farmer doesn't know, he doesn't eat. If the city dweller knew what he eats, he would immediately become a farmer." (Oliver Hassencamp)
- „"I have since an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men will look upon the murder of animals as they look upon the murder of man." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "After eating and drinking, you are as if reborn; be stronger, braver, cleverer to your business." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Can you think of any other food quotes and sayings about eating mindfully? Then feel free to write them to me in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about food
What is meant by the term food?
Food is the term used to describe the totality of all substances that a living being can absorb and process in the process of metabolism - in other words, everything that someone eats or drinks. It is the basis for the life of humans and animals. The intake of food is referred to as nutrition.
Why is nutrition so important?
With a healthy and balanced diet, you can build the foundation for your own well-being and lasting health. It prevents diseases, increases mood, promotes concentration, as well as mental and physical performance.
How is world hunger defined?
World hunger refers to the situation in which people worldwide suffer permanently from malnutrition and undernourishment due to a lack of food.
Inspirational Quotes About Food And Using Cooking In Everyday Life
I love to eat! Who does not? Sure! But I love it even more when the food on my plate isn't at the expense of others. So we have about three chances a day to make a real difference. I hope these quotes about food and helped you realize that.
In conclusion, I have given you here some further articles and tips that will help you to be more aware, more sustainable nutrition can help:
- Buy food seasonally
- Documentaries about factory farming and plant-based nutrition
- Why should you live vegan?
- Become a vegetarian - It's that easy!
- Cooking for the Climate - The Theory and Cookbook
Feel free to drop me a comment if you think of any other quotes or have any burning questions.