Looking for inspirational quotes about honesty and the best sayings about truth and trust? Then you've honestly come to the right place! I'm really not a fan of beating around the bush. Especially not when it comes to promoting our coexistence or protecting our planet and all the creatures that live on it.
Unfortunately, in today's world not only unavoidable white lies are on the rise, but above all deliberately spread and continuously repeated untruths that cause massive damage to our society and threaten life on earth. Apparently, it is necessary to refocus ourselves on one of the most important, human virtues: on honesty.
In this article, I would like to give you the best short honesty quotes and wisdom about truth, trust - and against lies and self-deception. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about honesty have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Best 60 Quotes And Sayings About Trust, Honesty And Truth
If we are honest, we behave according to our innermost feeling. It is our own conviction that speaks from us. That is exactly what authenticity is, that is exactly what genuineness is. But it should also be said that a conviction does not, of course, have to correspond to the truth per se.
Use the following sayings and quotes to make yourself and others aware of how important honesty is for us humans, for our coexistence and for the protection of our planet. Have fun!
Honesty Quotes 1 - 10
- "Everything deep is also simple and can be reproduced simply as long as its reference to the whole truth is maintained. But what matters is not what is witty but what is true." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Two truths cannot contradict one another." (Galileo Galilei)
- "A person whom children and animals cannot stand should not be trusted." (Carl Hilty)
- "Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world." (Thomas Carlyle)
- "The greatest honour that you can bestow on someone is to have trust in them." (Matthias Claudius)
- "Good things can never arise from from lies and violence." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "It's dangerous to fool others because you end up fooling yourself." (Eleonora Duse)
- "A painful truth is better than a lie." (Thomas Mann)
- "The liar's punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "If you always tell the truth, you can afford to have a bad memory." (Theodor Heuss)
Honesty Quotes 11 - 20
- "The only way to fight the plague is to be honest." (Albert Camus)
- "Confidence contributes more to conversation than wit." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "A lie is like a snowball: the further you roll it the bigger it becomes." (Martin Luther)
- "Openness is a key that can open many doors." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Whoever wants to hear the truth should first be asked if he can bear it." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
- "Trust is the feeling of being able to believe a person even when you know you would lie if you were in his shoes." (Henry Louis Mencken)
- "People are far more likely to believe a lie they have heard 100 times, than a truth that is completely new to them." (Alfred Polgar)
- "I prefer the harmful truth to the useful error." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The best and safest camouflage is still the bare and naked truth. No one believes it!" (Max Frisch)
- "A dozen direct censures are easier to bear than one morganatic compliment." (Mark Twain)
Good to know: Sometimes even one's own thoughts and actions do not fit together. The unpleasant feeling that describes this situation is cognitive dissonance. It arises especially when we are not completely honest with ourselves.
Honesty Quotes 21 - 30
- "Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what every man wishes, that he also believes to be true." (Demosthenes)
- "If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too." (Joseph Rudyard Kipling)
- "Since God made us to be originals, why stoop to be a copy?" (Billy Graham)
- "Sincerity is most likely the most daring form of valor." (William Somerset Maugham)
- "It is weakness which breeds fear, and fear breeds distrust." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "He who trusts others too little is afraid in every corner; he who relies too much on others awakens with terror." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Always be yourself. Don't wear a mask just because others don't want to see you as you really are." (Horst Bulla)
- "The little bit of truth contained in many a lie is what makes them so terrible." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said." (Voltaire)
- "He who lies has thought the truth, after all." (Oliver Hassencamp)
Tip: Lying costs karma points! Also take a look at the best Karma Quotes as well as my Tips for a good karma an.
Honesty Quotes 31 - 40
- "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." (Mark Twain)
- "The less we admire illusions, the more we are able to absorb the truth." (Erasmus of Rotterdam)
- "Those who learn late in life how to pretend, have the appearance of honesty ahead of them." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "It is not the same to know the truth about yourself or to hear it from others." (Aldous Huxley)
- "It's a vice to trust all, and equally a vice to trust none." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "Those who are sure of trust give little value on confidentiality." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "He who admits being cowardly has courage." (Fernandel)
- "He who mocks or lies in the presence of children commits a death worthy crime." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." (Elbert Hubbard)
- "It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself." (Thomas Jefferson)
Honesty Quotes 41 - 50
- "People lose their usefulness like nails, when they start to bend." (Walter Landor)
- "Nearly all our originality comes from the stamp that time impresses upon our sensibility." (Charles Baudelaire)
- "Those who don't know the truth are dummies, but those who know the truth, and call it a lie are criminals." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "Relatively real and unspoiled is the man who at all still knows when he is lying." (Prentice Mulford)
- "Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "If you want to live in peace with yourself, don't try to be more than you are. But be what you are, whole." (Wilhelm Wagner)
- "You can tell the original by its fractures, the fake by their lack." (Peter Rudl)
- "Trust is courage, loyalty is strength." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "It may be that not everything a man thinks is true, for he may err, but in everything he says he must be truthfully." (Immanuel Kant)
- "We are more interested in making others believe we are happy than in trying to be happy ourselves." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
Tip: We like to cower in prejudice and untruths when we are Be afraid to change our habits. Look you suitably also like my Habits Quotes Collection on!
Honesty Quotes 51 - 60
- "Through the alley of prejudice, truth must constantly run the gauntlet." (Indira Gandhi)
- "Saying what you think is sometimes the greatest folly and sometimes - the greatest art." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." (Democritus)
- "What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "What looks like cruelty to youth is usually honesty." (Jean Cocteau)
- "Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." (André Gide)
- "Lies can start wars, but truths can stop entire armies." (Otto von Bismarck)
- "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." (Mark Twain)
- "Truth never triumphs - its opponents just die out." (Max Planck)
- "I am me. Everything else is too exhausting for me." (Ernst Ferstl)
Can you think of any other honesty quotes? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about honesty and trust
What is meant by honesty?
Honesty means telling the truth and not lying, cheating or deceiving other people. It is the prerequisite for respectability.
Why is trust so important?
To trust means to be able to rely on yourself and on others. People who trust are more confident, more satisfied and happier. Honesty is the key to finding more trust. Time also plays an important role in this.
How can you recognize honest people?
Honest people do not pretend and say exactly what they honestly think. They speak the truth and do not lie, because they themselves do not want to be lied to. They are also open, straightforward, sincere and fair.
Internalize and share quotes about honesty and trust
We must be honest - with ourselves and with everyone else. Only in this way can we, as a global society as a whole, continue to develop steadily instead of treading water or even regressing. And it is the only way to eliminate injustices and environmentally harmful behaviors.
Sincerity, honesty, truth, authenticity, trust - these things count. Lies, self-deception, Whataboutism and fake news, only hold up our development unnecessarily.
We may not know all the truths - but we encounter more and more of them throughout our lives. You will learn a whole bundle of truths, for example, in the Book "Vegan is nonsense! Popular arguments against veganism and how to debunk them". by Niko Rittenau, Patrick Schönfeld and Ed Winters, which I would like to recommend to you. Get it here*.
Here are some more further articlesthat may open your eyes to some of the injustices in our world:
- Environmental problems of our time
- Why not be vegan? Honest reasons against it
- The truth about the fur industry
- Veganism & Human Rights
- Stop world hunger - What everyone can do
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Or can you think of other sayings about trust and honesty? Then just write me a comment!
Keep it real,
PS: Facts prove the truth. Look with pleasure times in the Statistics Blog by. There you will learn for example all important facts about climate change know!