You are looking for inspirational love quotes and sayings about feelings, affection, passion and warmth of heart? Then you've come to the right place! If we want to develop as individuals or as a society as a whole and eliminate injustice, we need precisely these human values. Because they help to dispel hatred, contempt and disgust and to bring people together.
Whether you are just looking for love quotes for a wedding, your mother's birthday or just as an inspiration for more humanity in everyday life - here you will definitely find the right saying about affection, love and passion.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about love have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Best 75 Love Quotes And Sayings About Feelings
One or the other may not associate love directly with a sustainable life connect - the actual topic of this blog. But in the end, it is she who drives other people to eradicate injustice. Love for the environment and justice. It is a spark that can jump over to others and carry away many people and connect them with each other.
Use the following short sayings, wisdoms and quotes about Love to get aware of its power. Have fun!
Love Quotes 1 - 10
- "The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Everything is beautiful if you love it." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "For the world you are someone, but for someone you are the world." (Erich Fried)
- "Happiness is love, nothing else. A man who is capable of love is happy."(Hermann Hesse)
- "What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule." (Buddha)
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." (Elbert Hubbard)
- "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give, which is everything." (Katharine Hepburn)
- "You and I - we are one. I can't hurt you without hurting myself." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Set free what you love. If it comes back it is yours - forever." (Confucius)
Book Tip: If you want to intensify your love for a special person, I can give you the Book "What I love about you" by Alexandra Reinwarth to the heart. It is a declaration of love to fill out and give away. Here you get the book*.
Love Quotes 11 - 20
- "It is with true love as with ghosts and apparitions: Every one talks of it, and scarcely any one has seen it." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "I have three kinds of friends: those who love me, those who pay no attention to me, and those who detest me." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "A drop of love is more than an ocean of intellect." (Blaise Pascal)
- "One may chop wood, make bricks, forge iron without love, but one can no more deal with people without love than one can handle bees without care." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "I’ve seen too much hate to want to hate, myself." (Martin Luther King)
- "The most beautiful monument a person can get is in the hearts of others." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "If love reigned on earth, all laws would be dispensable." (Aristotle)
- "You can err with an idea, but you can't err with your heart." (Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky)
- "Only the soul that loves is happy." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The only creatures evolved enough to express pure love are dogs and infants." (Johnny Depp)
Love Quotes 21 - 30
- "Love is the decision to affirm the whole of a person, the details may be, as they wish." (Otto Flake)
- "It is passion that makes man live; wisdom makes one only last." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "There are no limits, neither to thoughts nor feelings. It’s anxiety that sets limits." (Ingmar Bergman)
- "Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "In the heart of a man rests the beginning and end of all things." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Being loved can be a punishment. Not knowing if you are loved is torture." (Robert Lembke)
- "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." (Mother Teresa)
- "Good sense and genius beget esteem and regard: Wit and humour excite love and affection." (David Hume)
- "Where there is most feeling, there is the greatest martyrdom." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "If you begin by sacrificing yourself to those you love, you will end by hating those to whom you have sacrificed yourself." (George Bernard Shaw)
Tip: At Respect Quotes you will find a whole bunch of other sayings about human values, which usefully complement this collection of the best love quotes.
Love Quotes 31 - 40
- "The more you love, the more you suffer." (Vincent van Gogh)
- "Most people need more love than they deserve." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "To love a man is to consent to grow old with him." (Albert Camus)
- "If you love yourself, you love others; If you hate yourself, you hate others. Because in relationship with others it is only you mirrored." (Osho)
- "The first symptom of true love in a young man is timidity; in a young girl, boldness." (Victor Hugo)
- "What a heavenly feeling it is to follow your heart." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Love does not make blind. The lover only sees far more than is there." (Oliver Hassencamp)
- "You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." (Johnny Depp)
- "He who no longer loves and no longer errs, should let himself be buried." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "I need a lot of love - I want to be loved and give love. Love doesn't frighten me, but its loss does." (Audrey Hepburn)
Speaking of "gifting." If you are still looking for environmentally friendly and plastic free valentines day gifts or the one or the other attention for loving occasions are, you should definitely take a look at the linked blog article.
Love Quotes 41 - 50
- "Love is as unproblematic as a vehicle. The only problems are the drivers, the passengers and the road." (Franz Kafka)
- "Love is not a solo. Love is a Duet. She disappears for one, the song stops." (Adelbert von Chamisso)
- "There is only one thing greater than the love of freedom: hatred for the person who takes it away from you." (Che Guevara)
- "If love does not know how to give and take without restrictions, it is not love, but a transaction that never fails to lay stress on a plus and a minus." (Emma Goldman)
- "Kisses are love's bargaining chip." (Mireille Mathieu)
- "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." (Vincent van Gogh)
- "Be guided by reason, but never hurt the sacred barrier of feeling." (Otto Ludwig)
- "A mother is the only person in the world who loves you before knowing you." (Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi)
- "All that love waits for is the right opportunity." (Miguel de Cervantes)
- "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." (Jimi Hendrix)
Good question: Can you love animals but still eat them? In the linked blog article, I addressed this question in more detail.
Love Quotes 51 - 60
- "With a short tail wagging a dog can express more emotion than some people with hours of talk." (Louis Armstrong)
- "It are the little dogmatisms that grind down a great love." (Max Frisch)
- "There hardly is a more exhilarating emotion than to feel that you can be something for another." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- "One sees well only with the heart; the essential is invisible to the eyes." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
- "Man has power over everything but his heart." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "If love were a medicine - the leaflet would be a thick book." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Love and hunger are the basis of life." (Anatole France)
- "It is not the perfect, but the imperfect, who have need of love." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Age does not protect against love, but love does protect against age." (Anaïs Nin)
- "The sum of our life is the sum of hours in which we have loved." (Wilhelm Busch)
Love Quotes 61 - 70
- "We always make one mistake: we invest emotions instead of giving them away." (Werner Schneyder)
- "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." (André Gide)
- "Nature must be experienced through feeling." (Alexander von Humboldt)
- "That’s love: Two lonely persons keep each other safe and touch each other and talk to each other." (Rainer Maria Rilke)
- "Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty." (Mother Teresa)
- "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." (Martin Luther King)
- "Where love grows, life flourishes - where hate arises, doom threatens." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Experiences teaches us that to love is not to gaze at one another but to gaze together in the same direction." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
- "Friendship: something like love with sense." (Sabine Sauer)
- "The mind may tell us what not to do. But the heart tells what must be done."" (Joseph Joubert)
Tip: More Humanity Quotes you can find in the linked collection of sayings!
Love Quotes 71 - 75
- "That which is done out of love is always beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Truth exists for the wise, beauty for the feeling heart." (Friedrich Schiller)
- "When we say goodbye, our affection for the things that are dear to us is always a little warmer." (Michel de Montaigne)
- "To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life." (Victor Hugo)
- "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." (Oscar Wilde)
Can you think of more love quotes and sayings about feelings and affection? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
What is meant by love?
Love is an impressive feeling of strong affection and attachment to another person. True love exists without conditions or expectations of the other person.
How can you recognize true love?
You can tell if a person truly loves you when she/he shows interest, respect and appreciation towards you without compromise. In addition, the attachment to you is not tied to conditions. You are taken seriously. An intact relationship is always the highest good, even in difficult phases.
What does it mean to be passionate?
Someone who is passionate has a strong, emotional affection for another person or also for a task or a hobby. For example, one can love one's partner passionately - or be passionate about dancing, playing soccer, or being passionate about animal welfare.
Using Quotes About Love For Compassion, Passion And Affection In Everyday Life
It feels good to love - and it's a unique feeling to be loved. I think we agree on that, don't you? Love is the only weapon to defeat hate and loathing in our society - and to make our behavior on this planet more positive. I hope that the quotes about love have made you aware of that once again.
Here are some final further articlesthat may help you to even more love and affection in everyday life:
- Sustainable gifts for Valentine's Day
- Good deeds in everyday life
- Questions to get to know each other and spark conversations
- Vegan for human rights
- Stopping world hunger - What everyone can do
Can you think of any other love quotes or do you have any questions about the content of this post? Then just write me a short comment.