Looking for effective quotes about personalities? Then you've come to the right place! If you want to make a difference in our society, you have to have that certain something. Something that gives you personality, character and originality. You need people with rough edges who don't go with the flow.
Therefore, in this article I would like to gather you the most valuable personality quotes and sayings about strength of character and originality.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about personality have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 61 Best Personality Quotes And Sayings About Character
Nothing is more boring than a lack of character and people without rough edges. We want to be able to rub up against people and spark conversations and discussions. That is in our nature.
But a real appearance or personality also makes you go new ways, against the masses. Who lives sustainably and future-orientedis, for example, currently swimming against the tide and taking a clear stance. Until the lifestyle finally becomes an integral part of our global society.
Use the following quotes as an additional source of motivation for your continuous personal development. Have fun!
Personality Quotes 1 - 10
- "Smooth words and flattering expressions rarely combine with a decent character." (Confucius)
- "It is personalities, not principles, that move the age." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Schools should always have as its aim, that its students leave it as harmonious personalities, and not just specialists." (Albert Einstein)
- "Without suffering, character isn't formed." (Ernst Freiherr von Feuchtersleben)
- "We can find a much better hold on people with outstanding edges and corners than on all-around conformists." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Oliver Goldsmith)
- "The courage for self-awareness reveals the strength of character." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Those who do not have bad habits probably have no personality." (William Faulkner)
- "A great personality is not only noticed when it is present; one often becomes even more aware of its value when its place is empty." (Leopold von Ranke)
- "An original whose imitators are better is not one." (Karl Kraus)
Personality Quotes 11 - 20
- "The character of the artist nourishes or consumes his talent." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "A man has to work so hard so that something of his personality stays alive." (Albert Einstein)
- "Nearly all our originality comes from the stamp that time impresses upon our sensibility." (Charles Baudelaire)
- "The great thing is not to be this or that, but to be oneself."(Søren Kierkegaard)
- "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Joanne K. Rowling)
- "Individualists are related by corners." (Alexander Eilers)
- "The basis of character is will power.".„ (Oscar Wilde)
- "Those who are much afraid to preserve their originality, however, are in the process of losing it." (Robert Schumann)
- "The talents aren't that unequal; its in diligence and character what makes the difference." (Theodor Fontane)
- "A talent is formed in stillness, a character in the world's torrent." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Who is your role model? I am sure that he or she is also a real personality. Also like to look at my favorite Quotes About Role Models if you like.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Personality Quotes 21 - 30
- "You can tell character even from the smallest actions." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "The sums of our faults make up the personality." (Raimond Gatter)
- "Feeling solely responsible for his actions and bearing only their consequences, even the most serious ones, is what defines his personality." (Ricarda Huch)
- "The note of the perfect personality is not rebellion, but peace." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." (Bruce Lee)
- "Character is the result of all our battles." (Contra K)
- "Anyway, it's better to be a square something than a round nothing." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "He who has no character is not a man; he is just a thing." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "Part of the image of a personality is that it speaks to us even when it's quiet." (Paul Schibler)
- "We are not always even what we are most." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Personality Quotes 31 - 40
- "A legendary horse is praised not for its strength, but for its Integrity." (Confucius)
- "The environment where the majority of the day is spent determines one's character." (Antiphon)
- „"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are." (Niccolò Machiavelli)
- "Only strong personalities can endure history, the weak ones are extinguished by it." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Action essentially involves character, and a man of character is a decent man who has definite aims in mind and pursues them with firmness." (Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel)
- "Judge a man's character by what he finds ridiculous." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Personality begins where comparison ends." (Karl Lagerfeld)
- "The character is not revealed in great deeds; the nature of human beings is shown by small things." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "Character builds slowly, but it can be torn down with incredible swiftness." (Faith Baldwin)
- "For what a man is in himself, what accompanies him when he is alone, what no one can give or take away, is obviously more essential to him than everything he has in the way of possessions, or even what he may be in the eyes of the world." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Tip: Personality also develops through knowledge. I have also given you an effective Best Quotes About Education List compiled.
Personality Quotes 41 - 50
- "If a personality fascinates me, whatever mode of expression that personality selects is absolutely delightful to me." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." (Abraham Lincoln)
- "The right to stupidity is protected by the constitution. It is part of the guarantee for the free development of one's personality." (Mark Twain)
- "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." (Henry Ford)
- "Every man carries a germ within himself that constitutes his originality; every individual has his own story." (August Strindberg)
- "The first and most important thing in life is to control yourself." (Wilhelm von Humboldt)
- "The greatest pleasure in life is doing something that other people think you can't do." (Walter Bagehot)
- "Character of a man: his tamed, hewn, polished, or his wildly rampant nature." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Since God made us to be originals, why stoop to be a copy?"" (Billy Graham)
- "It is personalities, not principles, that move the age." (Oscar Wilde)
Personality Quotes 51 - 61
- "The change that our nature experiences in the course of life sometimes looks like a change in our character." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Our greatest glory is not to never fall, but to rise again every time." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect." (Bruce Lee)
- "Revoke a wrong view requires more character than to defend it." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "A man with no enemies is a man with no character." (Paul Newman)
- "Adversity is the touchstone of character." (Samuel Smiles)
- "You can tell the original by its fractures, the fake by their lack." (Peter Rudl)
- "You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself." (Galileo)
- "Without personality there is no love, no real deep love." (Hermann Hesse)
- "Character is built on the debris of our despair." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "If you want to get pleasure out of life, you must attach value to the world." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Can you think of any other personality quotes and sayings about character? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about personality & strength of character
What is understood by personality?
Personality refers to the totality of a person's personal, individual characteristics - that is, the features that make up his or her character or appearance. Every person has his or her own unique personality. People with a particularly distinctive, individual characteristic are even referred to as "a personality.
How can you work on your personality?
Everyone is good the way they are. Nevertheless, we humans naturally strive for personal development. Those who want to work on this should, above all, read books regularly, be open-minded, open-minded and curious, find fulfilling tasks, stand firm for their own opinion - and take responsibility for their own life or actions.
What characterizes a person of strong character?
A person with a strong character, for example, is mentally stable, has clear goals, knows his or her own strengths, stands up for his or her own opinions, stands by his or her values, and is nevertheless open to new experiences and information.
Using Quotes About Authority And Strength Of Character To Develop Your Personality
Every day we learn new things in discussions, books or films. In the situations in which we clash, our personality is ultimately formed. If we are open and determined, we will continue to develop. I hope that these sayings about strength of character, authority and originality have made you aware of how important it is to show character.
Here are some further articles, which can help you polish your personality:
- Good deeds in everyday life
- Why live vegan?
- Questions to get to know people better
- Why change is so hard for us
Do you have any questions or can you think of any other personality quotes? Then write me as always happy to comment!
Stay strong in character,