Looking for hate quotes and sayings about hate? Then this is the peaceful haven on the Internet where you can take a break from rabble-rousers and haters. Above all, the mostly anonymous communication on the Internet in combination with the statements of hateful and unscrupulous populists is the decisive breeding ground for excessive dislike, anger, slander, defamation and hate speech.
In this article I would like to give you the most valuable quotes and sayings about hate. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about hate have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
36 Quotes About Hate And Dislike
Those who want to create positive change will reap hate. Especially from those who would have to adapt in the course of the change. It makes no difference whether one opposes the Climate change and racism or for the rights of animals.
Use the following short and long sayings about hate to make you aware that dislike and hate speech won't get you far today.
By the way: Did you know that Veganism human rights promotes? In the linked post, I explain to you exactly why that is!
Create a picture with your favorite saying!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Hate Quotes 1 - 10
- "He who makes others next to him small will never be great." (Johann Gottfried Seume)
- "Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it." (Martin Luther King)
- "Where there is love there is life; hatred leads to destruction." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Love is one-eyed, but hate is wholly blind." (Berthold Auerbach)
- "Haters, people who secretly wish to be you." (Harvey Specter)
- "Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule." (Siddhartha Gautama)
- "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Hatred is as well permitted as love, and I cherish it to the fullest extent against those who despise." (Georg Büchner)
- "The bigger the man, the more punishable he is if he blurts out the mistakes of others." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "Injured vanity often infects itself with feelings of hatred." (Gerhard Uhlenbruck)
Hate Quotes 11 - 20
- "Famous: most accessible to the arrows of malice and slander." (Ambrose Bierce)
- "Know that those who preach hatred to you do not save you." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The moment you talk about others is the moment I learn the most about you." (Unknown)
- "The Number our envious Persons, confirmation our capability." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Let people talk what they want. You know the nature of the whole sex: it prefers to trouble and stir up hatred rather than to comfort and uplift." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Let's make sure that what we want to evoke admiration with doesn't become ridiculous and hateful." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Hate is an automatic response to fear, for fear humiliates."" (Graham Greene)
- "We Germans hate thoroughly, constantly; being too honest, even too clumsy, to avenge ourselves with quick perfidy, we hate until our last breath." (Heinrich Heine)
- "So escape from the circle of the gossip, who only knows bad things from others!" (Friedrich von Bodenstedt)
Tip: I have also given you a detailed Best Love Quotes Collection compiled as a total contrast to the theme of hate.
Hate Quotes 21 - 30
- "It is easy to hide hatred, hard to hide love, hardest to hide indifference." (Ludwig Börne)
- "To let anger or hatred show in words or expressions is useless, is dangerous, is unwise, is ridiculous, is mean." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Foolishness is indeed the sister of wickedness." (Sophocles)
- "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." (André Gide)
- "Hate makes you ugly." (Eberhard Puntsch)
- "Love shouldn't fear hatred, but friendship." (Peter Rudl)
- "Hatred is a prolific vice; envy, a barren vice." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Never tell evil of a man, if you do not know it for certainty, and if you know it for a certainty, then ask yourself, 'Why should I tell it?" (Johann Kaspar Lavater)
- "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." (Socrates)
- "If you begin by sacrificing yourself to those you love, you will end by hating those to whom you have sacrificed yourself." (George Bernard Shaw)
Hate Quotes 31 - 36
- "As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison." (Nelson Mandela)
- "If you teach a child to hate a person who has done nothing to him, he will learn to hate the rest of the people as well." (Jean Paul)
- "If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world." (Nikola Tesla)
- "Good is stronger than evil; love is stronger than hate; light is stronger than darkness; life is stronger than death." (Desmond Tutu)
- "I’ve seen too much hate to want to hate, myself." (Martin Luther King)
- "As long as you hate, there will be people to hate." (George Harrison)
Can you think of any other sayings about hatefulness and spitefulness that I should definitely include here? Then always come up with your suggestions in the comments!
Frequently asked questions around the topics of hate and rejection
What is meant by hate?
Hate is understood as hostile feelings and a deep aversion to something that causes us displeasure. Those who hate a person usually not only detest him, but also develop an urge to harm him.
What can you do against hate on the net?
Hate on the Internet is generally understood to mean hate speech on the Internet. Anyone who experiences or overhears hate online should not ignore it, but make a stand. Positive comments, mutual support and reporting to the appropriate platform help immensely. Be aware that you are not the source of the hate, but only the trigger. Those who still feel overwhelmed by hate should not hesitate to seek therapeutic help.
How does hate work?
Hate is poison and despair. It is a feeling that suppresses all other feelings - including fears. The feeling that gnaws at self-control arises, for example, when one has been deeply hurt emotionally, feels desperate and helpless, and believes that one no longer has a chance. Those who are hated themselves also run the risk of feeling misunderstood and at a loss.
Using Quotes About Hate As A Constant Source Of Inspiration For Good
Hatred springs from weak people - and affects weak people as well as strong and preceding people. It is never a solution, but rather the problem itself. I hope that I could inspire you with the quotes about hate speech.
Finally I would like to give you here further articles that go along with the sayings and could ensure less hatred in the world:
- Stop hate on the net - What you can do
- Good deeds in everyday life
- Why vegan?
- Cruelty to animals - What everyone can do about it
Do you have questions or more quotes about hate? As always, feel free to comment below this post.
PS.: Be sure to check out the Books that have changed my life. I bet they'll be able to change yours for the better, too.