Looking for the best wind quotes and sayings about storms? Then you've come to the right place! Every breath of wind, every breeze and every squall is a reminder of the incredible beauty of nature that surrounds us. But at the same time, in the form of hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes and hurricanes, it also shows us its furious power, which should be considered as a kind of warning to us humans.
In this article I would like to give you now the collection of the best, short wisdoms, aphorisms and quotes about winds and storms at hand. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the wind quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 37 Best Quotes About Winds And Storms
It is a pleasure to see the breathe fresh air of a light gust and at the Bicycle ride to use the tailwind. In the same way, however, it is also nice to listen to the birds chirping once Windstill enters.
However, it becomes dangerous when the Wind speeds increase and a stormy depression threatens to leave a desert of destruction in its wake. Climate-related severe weather, extreme weather and natural disasters are increasing in both number and intensity.₁
Therefore we humans should all the more Learn to live in a more climate-friendly way and use wind power to make a real, sustainable change in our way of life.
Therefore, consider the following sayings and quotes as inspiration to make you aware of the opportunities and beauty that the wind holds for us.
Wind Quotes 1 - 10
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake." (Sara Raasch)
- "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind." (Bruce Lee)
- "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." (Khalil Gibran)
- "In the center of a hurricane there is absolute peace and quiet. There is no safer place than in the center of the will of God." (Corrie Ten Boom)
- "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." (John Ruskin)
- "It is the stillest words which bring the storm. Thoughts that come on doves‘ feet guide the world." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills." (Chinese wisdom)
- "The grave is still the best shelter against the storms of destiny." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "But you have to take life as it is. If the sun does not come after storm and rain – full moonlight also has its value." (Hermann Löns)
Tip: I have also given you a list of the best Weather quotes compiled. Feel free to have a look there as well.
Wind Quotes 11 - 20
- "Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn." (Lewis Grizzard)
- "Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires." (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
- "Autumn wind arrives we are alive and can see each other, you and I." (Shiki)
- "Oaths are just words and words are just wind." (Samuel Butler)
- "First, there is the power of the Wind, constantly exerted over the globe… Here is almost incalculable power at our disposal, yet how trifling the use we make of it! It only serves to turn a few mills, blow a few vessels across the ocean, and a few trivial ends besides. What a poor compliment do we pay to our indefatigable and energetic servant!" (Henry David Thoreau)
- "God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." (John Muir)
- "No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm." (Charles F. Kettering)
- "The leaves fall from the trees every winter. Five or six remain on the tree and become the playball of the winds." (Charles de Montesquieu)
- "The air is wonderful, and depending on which way the wind is blowing, I am surrounded on the balcony by a damp sea breeze or from the forest side by fir air and scent." (Theodor Fontane)
- "You are like a hurricane, there's calm in your eyes, and I'm getting blown away." (Neil Young)
Wind Quotes 21 - 30
- "The breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind." (Khalil Gibran)
- "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." (Henry Ford)
- "Words are air. But air becomes wind, and wind makes ships sail." (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- "Air pollution is also such a problem, that won't disappear into thin air." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "You only get to know the good helmsman by storm, the good soldier only in battle." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "Storm and waves give life and soul to the sea." (Wilhelm von Humboldt)
- "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too." (Vincent Van Gogh)
- "For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." (saying from the Bible)
- "If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "Weather is an invention of nature, extreme weather is an invention of man." (Erhard H. Bellermann)
Wind Quotes 31 - 37
- "Great trees are envied by the wind." (Japanese wisdom)
- "The dignity of human nature requires that we face the storms of life." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "To float only in memories like a withered leaf in the wind, beware! Only that is called life, if your today has a tomorrow." (Emanuel Geibel)
- "Boredom is the windless calm of the soul." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Opponents often need each other more than friends, for without wind, the mills won't run." (Hermann Hesse)
- "A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long." (E. E. Cummings)
- "Opportunism is the art of sailing with the wind that others make." (Carlo Manzoni)
Can you think of any other sayings about wind and storms that are missing from this list? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about wind and storms
What is wind simply explained?
Wind is the Movement of air masses in the atmosphere. It is created by differences in air pressure caused by temperature fluctuations. Warm air rises, cool air flows in - this process generates wind. The higher the air pressure, the stronger the wind blows.
At what point do we speak of a storm?
A storm is spoken of when Wind speeds between strengths 9 and 11 on the Beaufort scale (74-117 km/h) are reached. At even higher wind speeds, we then speak of a severe storm, a hurricane or finally an extreme hurricane. In such weather conditions, considerable damage and destruction can then definitely be expected.
How to obtain energy from wind?
Energy from wind is generated by Wind turbines obtained. They consist of a rotor with blades that rotate in the wind and convert its kinetic energy into mechanical rotational energy. The mechanical energy of this rotation is then converted into electrical energy in a generator. Since the power of the wind is available in unlimited quantities, it is one of the electricity sources of the future.
Using The Best Storm Quotes And Sayings About Wind For Inspiration
Whether you're feeling the gentle breeze of a summer breeze on your face, experiencing the powerful push of an autumn storm, or watching the uplifting sight of trees swaying in the wind and rustling their leaves, the Wind is always a fascinating and impressive aspect of nature.
Ultimately, it is also the wind that reminds us of the irrepressible power of nature and helps us to make the change to a sustainable lifestyle to accelerate. Consider the sayings and wisdom from this collection therefore invitations to appreciate the power and beauty of the wind and the storm.
Finally, I would like to introduce you to the Book "Angry Weather the climatologist Friederike Otto to the heart. In it, you'll learn why storms and hurricanes are becoming more likely and more intense - and what role the climate change plays a role in this. If you like, get it here*.
Also I have here a few further blog articles for you, which fit wonderfully with the theme of wind:
- Air Pollution - All About the Environmental Problem of Impure Air
- Renewable energies - what is that actually?
- Being outdoors - Why fresh air is so good for us
I sincerely hope that this collection of quotes has increased your appreciation for the fascination and diversity of wind and storms. Do you have any questions, suggestions or can you think of more sayings? Then I look forward to your comments!
PS: Exhaust gases from power plants, factories, traffic, as well as emissions caused in agriculture contribute significantly to air pollution. What you can personally do in your everyday life to reduce the Stop air pollutionI'll explain that to you now in the next blog post.
₁ L. Fischer: Fact is - Climate change influences the number and strength of weather extremes. Research can already demonstrate changes in a steadily increasing number, such as heat waves, extreme precipitation, and droughts in some regions (as of June 2021), available at https://www.klimafakten.de/behauptungen/behauptung-der-zusammenhang-von-extremwettern-und-klimawandel-ist-nicht-eindeutig. [08.06.2023].