Looking for inspirational vegan quotes and sayings to promote an animal cruelty-free and meat-free diet? Then you've come to the right place. Maybe you are a vegan or vegetarian yourself - maybe you are on the verge of becoming one or would like to motivate others to do so. Besides the Tips to become a vegetarian or a good Start in the vegan diet quotes in particular provide lasting motivation to avoid meat and animal components in one's meals.
Here you get a collection of the best sayings about vegan and vegetarian nutrition. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about veganism have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Inspirational Quotes About Veganism And Vegetarianism
The vegan or vegetarian diet is one of our greatest weapons in the fight against the Environmental problems of our time. Some of them, you will surely recognize in the following quotes.
Veganism Quotes #1-10
- "It is the anonymity of animal victims that makes us deaf to their cries." (Luise Rinser)
- "My body will not be a tomb for other creatures." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "I can't think of any politically stronger act that kills more birds with one stone than the vegan lifestyle." (Hagen Rether)
- "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "'If someone asks me: How can you get as strong as an ox without eating any meat? My answer is: Have you ever seen an ox eating meat?" (Patrik Baboumian)
- "Woe to humanity, should only a single animal have a seat in the Last Judgement." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Veganism is not about how hard it is for you. It's about every animal's right not to be used as a slave." (Randy Sandberg)
- "The animal has a feeling heart like you. The animal has joy and pain like you. The animal has a tendency to die like you. The animal has a right to live like you." (Peter Rosegger)
- "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battleflields." (Leo Tolstoy)
Veganism Quotes #11-20
- "Only beautiful animals and ugly people wear fur." (Unknown)
- "It shows hypocrisy for a meat eater to look down with contempt on the butchers; man is not only responsible for the actions he does, but also for the actions he allows others to do." (Magnus Schwantje)
- "We will not be able to make up in eternity what we have done to the animals." (Mark Twain)
- "We all have a voice. I have this platform and so, not to use it correctly would be wrong of me. Nobody is perfect, I’m certainly not, but this [abuse] is happening every day to so many animals worldwide. This is why I have decided to go to a vegan diet. It has been over a year now. Yes, it’s hard – nothing’s ever easy – but I’ve felt the best I’ve ever felt." (Lewis Hamilton)
- "As long as people think that animals don't feel, animals will have to feel that people don't think." (Unknown)
- "Vegans are die-hard vegetarians." (Andeas Dunker)
- "Flesh eating is unprovoked murder." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "How can man call an animal a beast, when he himself deserves that designation?" (Michel de Montaigne)
- "If modern civilization man had to kill the animals he eats, the number of vegetarians would rise astronomically." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Vegetarianism serves as the criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of humanity is genuine and sincere." (Leo Tolstoy)
Veganism Quotes #21-30
- "I'm vegan because I'm pro-life. For the animals, for the people, for the planet." (Ariane Sommer)
- "It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind." (Albert Einstein)
- "But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy." (Plutarch)
- "As long as men torture and slay animals and eat their flesh we shall have war. While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Part of my reason for being vegetarian was because it practices respect and love for life all through the day, so three times a day, you make a decision to eat things that have not been killed." (Natalie Portman)
- "As a vegan, you just have to leave the cattle alone!" (Hagen Rether)
- "Righteous God! Out of how many hours of torture through the killing of animals man soldered together a single festive minute for his tongue!" (Jean Paul)
- "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." (Paul McCartney)
- "One reason for vegetarianism should be more invoked. I mean the appeal to the moral consciousness that we must not have done by proxy what we would not do ourselves." (Isaac Pitman)
- "Eating meat is a leftover of the greatest brutality; the transition to vegetarianism is the first and most natural consequence of enlightenment." (Leo Tolstoy)
Veganism Quotes #31-40
- "What's strange is that even the biggest vegetarians don't like to bite the dust." (Joachim Ringelnatz)
- "The strongest animals are herbivores: gorillas, buffaloes, elephants, and me." (Patrik Baboumian)
- "I am one of those who are convinced that the healthiest and most natural food remains the vegetables, fruits and dairy products for man and that the vegetarian diet ensures a simple life and high thinking." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Be the voice of those who can't say 'Stop'. Who can't say 'That hurts'. Who can't say 'I'm so afraid to die'. Be the voice of the animals!" (Miley Cyrus)
- "Tradition will accustom people to any atrocity." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "I believe that the vegetarians, with their prescription to eat less and more simply, are of more use than all the new moral systems taken together." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "It would be excusable if we didn't already have an abundance of food and had to do it to survive. But when meat makes us overweight, sluggish and sick, doesn't contribute the least to our well-being, and keeps us from eating what would fill us with energy and health, that's just ignorance and stupidity." (Allen Carr)
- "The world is not an inferior product, and animals are not a fabrication for our use." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "The meat we eat is a corpse that is at least two to five days old." (Volker Elis Pilgrim)
- "I am a vegetarian as well as a passionate anti-alcoholic, because I can thus make better use of my brain." (Thomas Alva Edison)
Veganism Quotes #41-48
- "I do feel that spiritual progress does demand at some stage that we should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction of our bodily wants." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Don't blame and shame, inform and explain." (James Aspey)
- "All religions encourage us towards a gentler, more compassionate existence. I believe in love and respect for all. I can’t think of a kinder, gentler life than that which wishes to preserve our planet and all the species that inhabit it." (Peter Egan)
- "You can't put death in your body and expect to feel alive." (Unknown)
- "Hate the sin, love the sinner." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men." (Émile Zola)
- "Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act." (Albert Einstein)
- "I am life that wants to live, in the midst of life that wants to live." (Albert Schweitzer)
What is veganism?
Veganism, by definition, is a way of life that seeks to avoid - as far as practical - all forms of exploitation and cruelty to animals capable of suffering for food, clothing, and other purposes.
Why do people go vegan?
Most vegans have ethical reasons for their preferred lifestyle. They want to prevent the suffering and exploitation of animals as much as is practical. The plant-based diet also has ecological (e.g. rainforest deforestation and climate change) and health motives. (e.g. the risk of cardiovascular disease or antibiotic residues in animal meat).
What do vegans:inside eat and what not?
Vegans eat basically the same foods as meat eaters and vegetarians - but they consistently abstain from all foods of animal origin, such as meat, eggs, cheese, cow's milk or honey. But there are now also countless, comparable, plant-based alternatives that can be produced without animal suffering and exploitation.
Using Quotes About Vegans And Vegetarians For Education
An effect against the climate change, against Factory farming, against Deforestation and for their own health. And then there is the human, ethical aspect. The reasons FOR the vegan diet are so outnumbered that you wonder why so many people actively oppose it. Kind of scary, don't you think? I hope that the quotes for vegans and vegetarians have positively influenced or further strengthened your personal attitude.
Do you have questions, tips or more vegan quotes that are still missing in this collection? Then just write a comment below this post.
PS: In my Nutrition blog you will find not only quotes but also more inspiration and, above all, many tips for a healthy and sustainable diet. For example, learn why you should eat your Prefer to buy food seasonally should.