Looking for inspirational joie de vivre quotes and sayings about cheerfulness, happiness and laughter? Then you are so right here! If you want to bring about positive change in life, you have to think positively. In my opinion, a positive mindset and a genuine love of life are also particularly important when we are committed to environmental protection and a general sustainable life in our society.
Here you will find short and effective quotes and sayings about joy and happiness. Use them to put a little smile on your face when needed. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about the joy of life have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Lust For Life Quotes And Sayings About Happiness
Whether you're looking for short, effective quotes about joie de vivre or you want to get carried away with long, in-depth sayings about cheerfulness, you'll find everything you need here.
Use the following sayings and quotes to your love of life and also other people's feelings of happiness to rise immeasurably.
Joy of Life Quotes 1 - 10
- "Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "All strong people love life." (Heinrich Heine)
- "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Nothing in the world is as contagious as laughter and good humor." (Charles Dickens)
- "Rejoice! Be joyful! The purpose of life is joy. You should feel joyful for the sky, sun, grass, trees, animals and the people you meet." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "The true art of living consists in seeing the miraculous in the everyday." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "He who has never forgiven an enemy has never enjoyed one of life's highest pleasures." (Johann Kaspar Lavater)
- "When we have joy in life, the moments of happiness come by themselves." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health." (Voltaire)
Joy of Life Quotes 11 - 20
- "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it." (Samuel Butler)
- "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life." (Mark Twain)
- "Rule your mind or it will rule you." (Buddha)
- "Why should we build our happiness on the opinons of others, when we can find it in our own hearts?" (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "Nothing attracts happiness more than the lust for life." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Happiness is the best makeup." (Drew Barrymore)
- "Your first duty is to make yourself happy. If you are happy, you will make others happy." (Ludwig Feuerbach)
- "Happiness often comes from attention to small things, misfortune often from neglecting little things." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "Joy of life detoxifies the environment." (Alfred Selacher)
- "One didn't need reflect the pleasures of life. They are better enjoyed without counting or dissecting them." (Jean Paul)
Tip: If you are a fan of quotes about lust for life, I highly recommend the this joy of life calendar* recommend. With motivational sayings, landscape images and photos, it provides you with inspiration all year round.
Joy of Life Quotes 21 - 30
- "Life becomes a celebration when you can delight in simple things." (Phil Bosmans)
- "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." (Helen Keller)
- "We should not, like sheep, follow the herd of creatures in front of us, making our way where others go, not where we ought to go." (Seneca)
- "The optimist is wrong just as often as the pessimist, but he lives more joyfully." (Charlie Rivel)
- "You can't think negative and expect something positive." (Unknown)
- "Just having the mindset to worry less can provide more joy in life." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "The easy way to health - discovering the joy of life." (Volker Murawski)
- "In the disappearance of all opposition to the divine lies the true joy of life and the great consolation that exists on earth." (Carl Hitty)
- "The most wasted day of all is that in which we have not laughed." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." (Henri Matisse)
Speaking of flowers! How to get a create a bee friendly gardenYou can learn more about this in the linked blog post. I have also written you a detailed article about sustainable gardening in which you will learn countless simple but extremely environmentally friendly tips.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Lust for Life Quotes 31 - 40
- "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." (Epictetus)
- "One who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger." (Japanese proverb)
- "True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." (Seneca)
- "Who is happy? This is a person, who has a healthy body, is dowered with peace of mind and cultivates his talents. " (Thales of Miletus)
- "The joy of living is the freedom to be wrong." (Klaus Klages)
- "Joy of life - children have it, adults can find it again." (Volker Murawski)
- "Laughter means: taking a mischievous delight in someone else's uneasiness, but with a good conscience." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "The greatest luxury we should afford ourselves consists of the priceless little pleasures of life." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "You have to ensure your own joy of life, no advice will help, except this one." (Erhard Horst Bellermann)
- "Hate is the wrong form of revenge. Joie de vivre has much more potential." (Torsten Marold)
Joy of Life Quotes 41 - 50
- "Add up the imperfect days. A sum of joy and life comes out." (Friedrich Hölderlin)
- "If lust and joy of life are under one blanket, the gray everyday life will loose its feathers." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "As with the seasons of life, so it is with the days. None is enough for us, none is perfectly beautiful, and each has, if not its plague, yet its imperfection. But add them up, and the result is a sum of joy and life." (Friedrich Hölderlin)
- "There are many paths to happiness. One of them is to stop complaining." (Albert Einstein)
- "Lack of joie de vivre ruins everything." (Alfred Selacher)
- "The secret of happiness lies in the mind's release from worldly ties." (Quote from Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama) (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
- "Blessed is the man who lives in peace with himself. There is no greater happiness on earth." (Buddha)
- "True happiness is doing good." (Socrates)
- "Who is the happiest man? He who is alive to the merit of others, and can rejoice in their enjoyment as if it were his own." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "A life that is joyful offers countless opportunities for cheerfulness at any time." (Ernst Ferstl)
Tip: At Optimism Quotes you will learn more sayings that will inspire you to think more positively.
Lust for Life Quotes 51 - 60
- "Courage, humor and joie de vivre remain the most beautiful contrasting colors against the gray of the world." (KarlHeinz Karius)
- "Joy of existence is great, greater is the joy for existence." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "It's not what's major, but what's minor that makes our lives worth living." (Hubert Joost)
- "For every minute you spend in anger, you miss 60 happy seconds of your life." (Albert Einstein)
- "Satisfaction brings happiness even in poverty; Dissatisfaction is poverty even in happiness." (Confucius)
- "Lust for life means lighting up one's life in such a way that it casts only small shadows." (Ronny Boch)
- "Contentment is the philosopher's stone that turns everything it touches into gold." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "Laughing and smiling are gates through which the good may reach our hearts." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "The joy and the smile are the summer of life." (Jean Paul)
- "You can only claim as much pleasure and happiness as you grant yourself." (Ernst von Feuchtersleben)
Joy of Life Quotes 61 - 71
- "The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." (Aristotle)
- "Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Love is joy, joy is love, and joy is life." (Martin Luther)
- "Heaven has given human beings three things to balance the odds of life: hope, sleep, and laughter."" (Immanuel Kant)
- "If you can laugh where you could have cried, you get a lust for life again." (Werner Finck)
- "Cheerfulness and joie de vivre strengthen the courage to live and make you invincible." (Alfred Selacher)
- "Joy of life turns on lights in the darkest tunnel." (KarlHeinz Karius)
- "Joy is the simplest form of gratitude." (Karl Barth)
- "The best doctors in the world are: Dr. Calm, Dr. Nourishment, and Dr. Cheerfulness." (Jonathan Swift)
- "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." (Mother Teresa)
- "People with a sunny character find it much easier to jump over their own shadows." (Ernst Ferstl)
Tip: Want more inspirational quotes? Then be sure to check out these sayings about environmental protection and sustainability an.
Frequently asked questions about joie de vivre
What is meant by joie de vivre?
Joy of life is understood as the joy of existence, i.e. the subjective feeling of pleasure in one's own life. It is a feeling of happiness. Those who are joyful in life regard every day as a valuable gift and are able to transfer their own positive thinking to other people.
How can you recognize people who are full of life?
Lively people feel a pleasant sense of euphoria, positivity and absolute contentment. You can recognize them by the fact that they laugh a lot, are adventurous, maintain their friendships and transfer their joy to other people. They are grateful, active, confident and self-determined - and actually always in a good mood because they see every single day as a precious gift.
Why is joie de vivre so important?
The joy of being alive is an essential prerequisite for personal well-being and for successfully shaping one's own life. The joy of being helps us to rest in ourselves and also to overcome difficult phases (e.g. bereavement, job loss or other strokes of fate).
Quotes About Joy Of Life And Using Laughter In Everyday Life
Joy of life is the key to lasting happiness. It is entirely in our hands. If we fill our mind with positive thoughts, our life will also change positively. I hope these quotes about zest for life will give you new strength to make the world a little better every day and to carry other people along with you on your journey.
You want to challenge your luck? I have already embedded some suitable books for you here above. Extremely inspiring I also found the Book "The Old Man and Happiness: On the Art of Celebrating Life" by Philipp Sommer*. It is an extremely inspiring narrative that really makes you want to live.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Or can you think of any other sayings about cheerfulness? Then write me a comment as always.
Stay happy and full of life,