Looking for motivational do-gooder quotes? Then you've come to the right place! Whether you Avoid plastic waste, Convince meat eaters or the Stop hunger in the world positive change requires determination, courage, stamina, hope and a thick skin. Nowadays, the term "do-gooder" is often used as a swear word, implying that you are a naive dreamer. Crazy, isn't it? But you only want to Do good.
Anyway - in this article you will find my favorite quotes about world improvement. For all who want to change something in the world and also believe they can. Have fun!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about do-gooders have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Quotes And Sayings For And About Do-gooder
Then let's not waste any time at all. Here are valuable inspirational quotes that drive me every day to change the world and our society.
Do-gooder Quotes 1 - 10
- "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Try and leave this world a little better than you found it." (Robert Baden-Powell)
- "The world is not imperfect or slowly evolving along a path to perfection. No, it is perfect at every moment, every sin already carries grace in it." (Hermann Hesse)
- "Every man should make the world a little bit better with his life..." (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Your decision to walk creates the path ahead." (Paul Coelho)
- "It often takes more courage to change one's mind than to remain true to it." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "I have learned you are never too small to make a difference." (Greta Thunberg)
- "Today, do-gooder has become a dirty word - in what kind of world are we living in?" (Gerhard Kocher)
- "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do." (Nelson Mandela)
Do-gooder Quotes 11 - 20
- "The real voyage of discovery consists, not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." (Marcel Proust)
- "If I want to make the world a better place, the first thing to start with is me!" (Phil Bosmans)
- "Little is improved in the world because people always blame it on others and no not on themselves." (Theodor Gottlieb von Hippel the Elder)
- "It is better to try to make the world a better place by points than by knockout." (Unknown)
- "Improvement of conditions in the world depends essentially not on scientific knowledge but rather on the fulfillment of humane traditions and ideals." (Albert Einstein)
- "Not putting do-gooders in their place, but the do-badders." (Ulrich Erckenbrecht)
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "The purest form of insanity is to leave everything as it is and hope that something will change." (Albert Einstein)
- "If you want to improve the world, you might start with yourself directly." (Astrid Lindgren)
Do-gooder Quotes 21 - 31
- „If, instead of saving the world, men wanted to save themselves; instead of liberating mankind, to liberate themselves, - how much would they contribute to the rescue of the world and the liberation of mankind!" (Alexander Ivanovich Herzen)
- "We can make our world a better place by being responsible." (Karl Raimund Popper)
- "If you don't want to change anything, you will also lose what you want to preserve." (Gustav Heinemann)
- "Let him who would move the world first move himself." (Socrates)
- "Everyone has a chance to improve part of the world - one's self." (Paul de Lagarde)
- "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Ideals are like stars. You can't reach them, but you can orientate yourself to them." (Carl Schurz)
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
- "What we do today will determine what the world looks like tomorrow." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Everyone wants to make the world a better place, and everyone could if they would only start with themselves." (Karl Heinrich Waggerl)
- "It is personalities, not principles, that move the age." (Oscar Wilde)
Can you think of any other quotes that relate to world improvement? Then feel free to write me a comment!
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about do-gooders
What is meant by a do-gooder?
Do-gooders are generally people who believe that they can improve the world by their own efforts and according to their own ideas. This is usually meant to imply that they naively follow a dreamy ideology.
Is it good or bad to be called a do-gooder?
Actually, these days the term tends to suggest that you're a naïve dreamer who mistakenly believes you can make a positive difference in the world. But I personally see nothing wrong with wanting to make the world a better place and believing that this will work. Doesn't everyone actually want the world to be better? At least I don't know anyone who wants it to get worse. And how can it get better if there aren't people who take action because they believe they can make a positive difference?
How can I make the world a better place?
Every person has the chance every day to make the world a better place. With which good deeds you do in everyday life can you start? For example, by reducing your personal food waste or your CO2 emissions, eating a plant-based diet, loving instead of Hate on the net to spread the word, to take in a dog from animal welfare or simply to be helpful, friendly and compassionate.
Use quotes for do-gooders as a motivational tool!
Each of us can be either a part of the solution or a part of the Environmental problems of our time stay. We cannot avoid changing something in our lives. To whom Change is difficultrole models and do-gooders help people to understand the motivation behind this and to make this change. It simply takes people who lead the way and inspire others.
Do you have any questions about my collection of do-gooder quotes? Or can you think of any others? Then just write me a comment.
PS.: You want more inspiring sayings? Then feel free to check out my List with sustainability and environmental protection quotes in. There you will also find an overview with further, thematically fitting collections of quotes.
Wonderful collection - thank you very much. Here's another do-gooder quote, "He who is not fellow-man is un-man." (Karl Barth)