Looking for rousing fall quotes and the best sayings about leaves, foliage and the late year? Then you're in the right place! When the autumn season arrives, you can't miss it: autumn vegetables like pumpkin and corn are harvested, the leaves turn golden-brown and fall from the trees.
The weather also swings around and gifts us with autumn rain and the unmistakable scent of damp wood, leaves, moss and fallen chestnuts. In short, autumn is unique.
Here I would like to give you a collection of inspiring quotes about the golden autumn. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about the fall have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
30 inspirational quotes about golden autumn, its leaves and foliage
When the sun shines on September 22 or 23 (depending on whether it is leap year or not) is perpendicular above the equator, the autumn season begins.
As children we always played in the pile of leaves, in which also now and then a hedgehog had sought shelter. And even today as an adult I enjoy the fresh air, run slalom through the falling leaves on a forest run and enjoy every second in the autumn season from September, through the golden October, to the cool November.
Use the following quotes, sayings and wisdom to also improve your Reignite enthusiasm for autumn or strengthen them.
Autumn Quotes 1 - 10
- "There is an autumn stillness that lingers well into the season of colours." (Hugo Von Hofmannsthal)
- "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." (Albert Camus)
- "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." (John Burroughs)
- „"Of all the seasons, autumn does it the most colorfully." (Willy Meurer)
- "Fall is the spring of winter." (Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec)
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." (Francis Scott Fitzgerald)
- "And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves." (Virginia Woolf)
- "Like a path in autumn: no sooner has it been swept clean than it is once more covered with dry leaves." (Franz Kafka)
- "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." (Jim Bishop)
- "Autumn wind arrives we are alive and can see each other, you and I." (Shiki)
Tip: Did you know that seasonal shopping is good for the climate? Pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and beet, for example, are in season during the golden season. In our Book "Kochen fürs Klima" you'll find unique, seasonal recipes to try. Feel free to take a look 🙂
Autumn Quotes 11 - 20
- "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." (L. M. Montgomery)
- "In every change, in every falling leaf there is some pain, some beauty. And that's the way new leaves grow." (Amit Ray)
- "You are never too old to play in the leaves." (Unknown)
- "In the autumn rain, the soul catches cold from its loneliness." (Elmar Kupke)
- "What spring misses, autumn cannot make up." (Franz Schmidberger)
- "At times he would catch himself, especially in the fall, thinking of the wild lands; and in dreams strange images of mountains he had never seen would appear to him." (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- "Autumn leaves don't fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar." (Delia Owens)
- "Autumn is life, that goes deep." (Monika Minder)
- "I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October." (Charmaine J. Forde)
- "In autumn, the silence arises in the gardens, for which we have no time." (Victor Auburtin)
Autumn Quotes 21 - 30
- "It is autumn, the season when everyone reaps what they have sown under the cool sun." (Maurice Barres)
- "My favorite color is October." (Unknown)
- "I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker." (Charles M. Schulz)
- "What August does not do, September will make up." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider." (Jane Hirshfield)
- "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves change." (Elizabeth Lawrence)
- "If the October sky is full of stars, warm stoves are desired." (German proverb)
- "We are all leaves on one tree, not like the other, one symmetrical, the other not, and yet equally important to the entirety." (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- "Autumn is the year's most beautiful colored smile." (Willy Meurer)
Can you think of any other sayings about the autumn season? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about autumn
What is meant by autumn?
Autumn is the Season between summer and winter and is also called the time of harvest. When autumn begins on September 23 and extends through October and November, temperatures continue to drop. And the trees lose their now colorful and mainly golden leaves.
What do you do in the fall?
Autumn is the time of harvest - both in the fields and in the forest. For there swarm Mushroom pickers:inside out. But also chestnuts and acorns are collected. In addition, autumn is the Season of pumpkinswhich are especially popular for one or another Halloween decoration.
Why does autumn exist?
Autumn, like all other seasons, exists because the Earth's axis is tilted. It begins as soon as the sun is perpendicular above the equator. At this time, days and nights are about the same length.
Using the best fall quotes for personal inspiration!
Autumn is the Time of harvest and leaf fall - and leads us from the warm summer into the cold winter. Personally, I look forward to it every year anew, to the Walks, to the Forest bathing and the Cycling in the golden landscape. You probably feel the same way, don't you? If not, I really hope that I could inspire you with the collected autumn sayings to do the same.
What do you do in autumn? Are you an autumn type? And can you think of any other words of wisdom and sayings about the time from September to November? Either way, I look forward to your comments on this collection.
PS.: Often we are just enjoying the whistling autumn wind, when suddenly a droning garden tool destroys the idyllic moment. The speech is from polluting leaf vacuums and leaf blowers. Why they are ecological insanity, you will now learn in the linked article.