Looking for the best quotes about weather? Then you've come to the right place! Weather has the potential to change our moods, shape our memories, and shape our view of the world. It is more than just a meteorological phenomenon, it is an impressive spectacle of nature, a metaphor for life and a constant companion in our own everyday lives.
Even though the weather is becoming increasingly extreme: Every day, regardless of whether the sun is shining, the rain is pelting or the wind is blowing, whether the cold is clashing or the heat is oppressive, offers us the opportunity to be inspired and inspired by the beauty and power of the weather.
In this article I would like to give you now the collection of the best, short wisdoms, aphorisms and quotes about the weather and the weather to the hand. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the weather quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 50 Best Quotes About Weather
The weather is a daily constant in our lives, a constant companion that is both somewhat predictable (through the weather report) and sometimes totally surprising. Nature enjoys the power to influence our moods, shape our plans and shape our memories through the weather patterns. However, it often shows us unique weather phenomena and beautiful celestial phenomena.
Use the following quotes to help you understand the To make us aware of the importance of weather for our lives and for nature.
Weather Quotes 1 - 10
- "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." (John Ruskin)
- "The weather has to be nasty for me to leave the bike in the garage." (Gustav Kilian)
- "The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." (Lucretius)
- "Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul." (Thomas Mann)
- "To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold." (Aristotle)
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "Summer is the time when it is too hot to do the job that it was too cold to do last winter." (Mark Twain)
- "Autumn wind arrives we are alive and can see each other, you and I." (Shiki)
- "Books have the same enemies as people: fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content." (Paul Valéry)
- "A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves." (Marcel Proust)
Weather Quotes 11 - 20
- "Humour is the umbrella of the wise." (Erich Kästner)
- "I'm against the complaining about the weather. It would be really impractical if it would never rain in Germany." (Jörg Kachelmann)
- "Genius is a lightning, whose thunder lasts for centuries." (Knut Hamsun)
- "A little sun and the snow melts. A little warmth, and the ice breaks. A little kindness, and we humans thaw." (Petrus Ceelen)
- "In fair weather prepare for foul." (Thomas Fuller)
- "Courage is like an umbrella. When you need it most, you don't have it." (Fernandel)
- "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain." (Robert Frost)
- "Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake." (Sara Raasch)
- "I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining." (Groucho Marx)
- "God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." (John Muir)
Tip: International science confirms that Extreme weather and natural disasters as a result of climate change In the linked article, you can find out why this is the case and what conclusions we should draw from it.
Weather Quotes 21 - 30
- "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." (Victor Hugo)
- "Friendship: A ship big enough for two in fair weather, but only one in foul." (Ambrose Bierce)
- "We hear the rain fall, but not the snow. Bitter grief is loud, calm grief is silent." (Berthold Auerbach)
- "Without the cold and desolation of winter there could not be the warmth and splendor of spring." (Ho Chi Minh)
- "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." (Mark Twain)
- "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." (Anthony J. D'Angelo)
- "Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work." (Mark Twain)
- "Love comforteth like sunshine after rain." (William Shakespeare)
- "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." (Stanislaw Jerzy Lec)
- "It's the rain that fills the rivers, not the dew." (Sri Lankan proverb)
Weather Quotes 31 - 40
- "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." (Francis Scott Fitzgerald)
- "Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you." (Walt Whitman)
- "After the rain cometh the fair weather." (Aesop)
- "In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours." (Mark Twain)
- "Weather is an invention of nature, extreme weather is an invention of man." (Erhard H. Bellermann)
- "The world rests in the fog, forest and meadows still dream." (Eduard Mörike)
- "Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself." (Annie Leibovitz)
- "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." (Maya Angelou)
- "All weather is sin-related. Lust causes thunder, anger causes fog, and you don’t want to know what causes dew." (Stephen Colbert)
- "I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature." (Paulo Coelho)
Weather Quotes 41 - 50
- "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The weather and my mood have little connection. I have my foggy and my fine days within me; my prosperity or misfortune has little to do with the matter." (Blaise Pascal)
- "It is best to read the weather forecast before praying for rain." (Mark Twain)
- "As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad?" (Anne Frank)
- "The clouds belong to the earth, not to the sky." (Waldemar Bonsels)
- "Smooth ice is paradise for those who dance with expertise." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing." (Johannes von Müller)
- "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain." (Unknown)
- "For it is not the altitude of the poles alone that makes the climate and weather, but the mountain ranges, especially those which cut through the countries from morning to evening." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Trouble is meant to be a thunderstorm, not a steady rain; it is meant to clear the air, not spoil the harvest." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
Can you think of any other sayings about the weather that are missing from this list? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about the weather
How to define the weather?
The weather is the physical state of the atmosphere at a certain place, at a certain time. These include aspects such as temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, and precipitation.
What is the difference between weather and climate?
The essential Difference between weather and climate lies in the Observation period. Weather refers to short-term conditions of the atmosphere, while climate describes the long-term weather trends and patterns of an area.
Weather and climate are therefore not the same thing - nevertheless, they can be Recognize climate changes from the weather.
How does extreme weather happen?
Extreme weather events occur through complex interactions of various atmospheric factors. These are often driven by high energy or temperature differences in the atmosphere. The scientific community also agrees that the Climate change increased the frequency and intensity of such events.
Using The Best Weather Quotes For Inspiration
Whether you're in a light breeze go for a walkwatching a rain shower from your living room, trudging through the first snow of the year, battling a storm on your bike or enjoying the warmth of a sunny day with a delicious ice cream -. the weather is always a fascinating aspect of our lives.
Consider the sayings, aphorisms and wisdoms from this collection simply as an invitation to Appreciate weather with all its facets. Finally, they are also wonderfully suitable as metaphors for the different phases of our lives - sometimes the sun shines and now and then a dark cloud comes up.
Finally, I would like to introduce you to the Book "Angry Weather the climatologist Friederike Otto to the heart. In it, you'll learn why extreme weather and natural disasters are becoming more likely and more intense - and what role global warming plays in it. If you like, get it here*.
I really hope that I could inspire you with the weather quotes. Do you have questions, suggestions or can you think of other, suitable sayings? Then I look forward to your comment!
PS: Wish extreme weather events didn't happen more often? Then be sure to check out the next blog article with the best Tips for a climate-friendly life an. Good luck with the implementation!
₁ L. Fischer: Fact is - Climate change influences the number and strength of weather extremes. Research can already demonstrate changes in a steadily increasing number, such as heat waves, extreme precipitation, and droughts in some regions (as of June 2021), available at https://www.klimafakten.de/behauptungen/behauptung-der-zusammenhang-von-extremwettern-und-klimawandel-ist-nicht-eindeutig. [07.06.2023].