Looking for rousing optimism quotes and sayings for positive thinking? Then you've come to the right place. Personally, I use wisdom, quotes and sayings about a confident outlook on life mainly to keep my hope and motivation in the fight against the Environmental problems of our time steadily at 100 percent.
Because everyone has one or two of those days when their confidence wanes a bit and they feel like giving up, resigning or throwing in the towel. A hopeful mindset then creates new inspiration. But no matter what problems you want to solve: rousing optimism quotes ensure that you solve them faster.
That's why in this post I'm going to introduce you to crisp, short quotes for positive thinking that I think are particularly inspiring. Sayings that will also give you and many other people lots of positive energy. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about positive thinking have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Optimistic Sayings: 79 Optimism Quotes For Positive Thoughts And New Hope
Pessimistic sayings like "alone you can't change anything anyway" or "you won't get far with that idea" keep many people in our society from bringing about positive change. Because they discourage. But they also discourage only if you are not fully convinced of yourself and think positively.
So that you can achieve all your goals and challenges with full energy and confidence you should definitely let yourself be carried away by the following optimistic quotes.
Positive Thinking Quotes #1-10
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "What you think you create, what you feel you attract, what you imagine you become." (Buddha)
- "I wake up every morning believing today is going to be better than yesterday." (Will Smith)
- "Positive thinking is - at worst - a draw." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "You can't think negative and expect something positive." (Unknown)
- "If you want to accomplish something positive, you should know how to say no." (Pavel Kosorin)
- "Optimistic is the worldview which places the existence higher than the nothingness and thus affirms the world and life as something intrinsically valuable." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny." (Dalai Lama)
- "Even the stones placed in one's path can be made into something beautiful." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life." (Mark Twain)
Positive Thinking Quotes #11-20
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Oliver Goldsmith)
- "The true optimists are not convinced that everything will go well. But they are convinced that not everything will go wrong." (Friedrich Schiller)
- "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." (Unknown)
- "For the optimist life is not the problem but already the solution." (Marcel Pagnol)
- "The greatest people are those who are able to give hope." (Jean Jaurès)
- "Complete carelessness and an unshakable confidence are the essentials of a happy life." (Thomas Aquinas)
- "The true art of living consists in seeing the miraculous in the everyday." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "Whatever life throws at me I'll take it and be grateful for it as well." (Tom Felton)
- "Focus on the solution, not on the problem." (Jim Rohn)
- "Don't find fault, find a remedy." (Henry Ford)
Mindset Tip: Mistakes are something great - they are opportunities. Do you see it that way? You just have to make sure that you always learn from them. At Error quotes I present you some more sayings that go well with it.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Positive Thinking Quotes #21-30
- "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power." (William James)
- "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." (Confucius)
- "As soon as an optimist sees a light which does not exist, a pessimist will find a way to blow it out." (Giovanni Guareschi)
- "Your eye can make the world dim or bright for you: As thou lookest upon it, it will weep or laugh." (Friedrich Rückert)
- "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true." (James Branch Cabell)
- "I like people who give me strength instead of taking it away." (Unknown)
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." (Henri Matisse)
- "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)
Good to know: There are also people who are basically forced optimistic. Often their behavior then causes the opposite of what one would generally expect. More about the so-called toxic positivity I explain in the linked blog post.
Positive Thinking Quotes #31-40
- "Positive things can be increased. Negative only deepen." (Erhard Blanck)
- "You get a head start in life if you tackle where others talk first." (John F. Kennedy)
- "An optimist is a person who thinks everything is half as bad or twice as good." (Heinz Rühmann)
- "The only dung on which nothing grows is the pessimist." (Theodor Heuss)
- "The hopelessness is already the anticipated defeat." (Karl Jaspers)
- "When the morning’s freshness has been replaced by the weariness of midday, when the leg muscles give under the strain, the climb seems endless, and suddenly nothing will go quite as you wish it is then that you must not hesitate." (Dag Hammarskjöld)
- "Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "A positive attitude towards solvable problems is already half the battle." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Even skyscrapers started at the bottom once." (Hanno Nühm)
- "The real secret of success is enthusiasm." (Walt Disney)
Tip: In another collection of sayings I have also given you the best quotes about Fantasy and imagination compiled. Have a look!
Positive Thinking Quotes #41-50
- "The real secret of success is enthusiasm." (Walter Percy Chrysler)
- "Everyone has a chance to improve part of the world - one's self." (Paul de Lagarde)
- "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." (Paulo Coelho)
- "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd." (Bertrand Russell)
- "Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still." (Chinese wisdom)
- "Only the one who walks his own way can’t be overtaken." (Marlon Brando)
- "Opportunity rarely knocks on your door. Knock rather on opportunity’s door if you ardently wish to enter." (William Rogers)
- "Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great." (Niccoló Machiavelli)
- "Mans only real enemies are his own negative thoughts." (Albert Einstein)
- "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." (Henry Ford)
Positive Thinking Quotes #51-60
- "Don't spend time looking for an obstacle. Maybe there isn't one." (Franz Kafka)
- "If this day was not your friend, at least it was your teacher." (Unknown)
- "Heaven has given human beings three things to balance the odds of life: hope, sleep, and laughter." (Immanuel Kant)
- "You yourself are your own obstacle, rise above yourself." (Shamsoddin Mohammad Hafes)
- "You may give out, but never give up." (Mary Crowley)
- "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "Laughing and smiling are gates through which the good may reach our hearts." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Sometimes there's nothing you can do but keep doing." (Unknown)
- "If you really want something, you'll find a way. And if you don't, you'll find an excuse." (Jim Rohn)
- "Never give up on what's important to you just because it's not easy." (Albert Einstein)
Tip: Are you sometimes a little indecisive? I have written you a detailed article about how you can change your Significantly increase decisiveness can. Feel free to take a look there as well!
Positive Thinking Quotes #61-70
- "If someone says, «You can't do that», remember: those are their limits, not yours." (Unknown)
- "The purest form of insanity is to leave everything the same and the same time hope that things will change." (Albert Einstein)
- "If people knew how much thoughts affect their health, they would either think less or think differently." (Andreas Tenzer)
- "Stumbling sometimes gets you forward; you just must not fall and stay down." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "You're only afraid when you disagree with yourself." (Hermann Hesse)
- "Resignation is the selfishness of the weak." (Jörg Berger)
- "The optimist is no less often wrong than the pessimist, but he lives more joyfully." (Charlie Rivel)
- "Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing." (Friedrich Schiller)
- "Every problem is an opportunity in disguise." (John Adams)
- "One who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger." (Proverb)
Positive Thinking Quotes #71-79
- „"If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too." (Joseph Rudyard Kipling)
- "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." (Helen Keller)
- "Why should we feel anger at the world? As if the world would notice?" (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Even if everything breaks, the shards reflect the light." (Contra K)
- "I'm still hoping to leave the world a little better than I found it." (Jim Henson)
- "Let's try to err firmly on the side of positive for once, in any matter." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Nothing releases more positivity in us than processing the negative." (Paul Mommertz)
- "Even bad prospects can give rise to good insights." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "There is only one right attitude to life: the positive." (Paul Schibler)
Frequently asked questions about optimism
What is meant by optimism?
Optimism is a confident outlook on life and attitude characterized by a positive expectation in the face of something that lies in the future.
What does it mean to be optimistic?
Optimistic people are cheerful, confident and life-affirming. They look at and expect things from their best side, basically think positively and still believe in the positive even in less good moments.
How to become more optimistic?
If you want to think and act more optimistically, you should find happiness in the little things and be aware of your feelings. It also helps to regularly surround oneself with other optimists, to avoid comparisons with other people and to prefer a positive choice of words and language.
Optimism Quotes For You And Others To Use As Inspiration
Do you also sometimes have the feeling that everything in the world is somehow getting worse and worse? That is deceptive! Why this is so and how you can look at the world soberly, as it really is, I have in the Book "Factfulness" by Hans Grosling learned You can secure it here*.
Thinking positively is the key to happiness - and those who expect bad things are very likely to get bad things. Hope, enthusiasm and optimism are the things that should drive every person every day, in everything he or she does.
I hope that these quotes about positive thinking will give you that extra boost of confidence. For example, that it is worthwhile to make yourself strong for environmental protection or a certain vision.
Can you think of any other optimism quotes and sayings about hope that are missing here? Then feel free to write me a comment!
PS: Feel free to take a look at the Environmental protection blog and leave there for a conscious sustainable life inspire. Learn, for example, you recognize truly sustainable fashion can.
71 quotes and only 1 of them from a woman (and with spelling mistakes too) ... Maybe you can take care of a more balanced ratio here 🙂
Hi Caro! Thanks for your feedback on the quotes. It's already corrected, thanks! That the sayings are male-heavy is not intentional - they were just clearly in the majority during my research. Feel free to send me your favorite optimism quotes from women and I'll incorporate them directly.
Wow so many quotes. Thanks for sharing and all the inspiration!
"The clearest sign of wisdom is persistent good humor." Michel de Montaigne