You search motivational quotes for additional drive to achieve a goal? Then you've come to the right place! Every one of us has a phase in which we don't really believe in ourselves or the sense of a project. I definitely feel the same way. After all, a "plastic-free world" and "a sustainable life for our society" aren't exactly goals that you can achieve in a week 😉
That's when you need that extra boost of motivation. In this collection, I would therefore like to help you with the motivational sayings that particularly drive me. In the hope that they also push you forward!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the motivational quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
60 motivational quotes for more drive
We humans have maneuvered ourselves into an awkward situation - we are fighting several at the same time. Environmental issues of our time, which we ourselves have created and continue to exacerbate every day. Therefore, a change in our society is indispensable. Maybe you are also committed to our planet and a fair, sustainable society. And even if not: everyone needs some extra motivation once in a while. No matter what you want to achieve. With the following motivational quotes, you'll be more likely to achieve it.
Motivational Quotes 1 - 10
- "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." (Jim Rohn)
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Winston Churchill)
- "He who fights, can lose. He who doesn’t fight, has already lost." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "It's always too soon to quit!" (Norman Vincent Peale)
- "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." (Rabindranath Tagore)
- "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." (C. S. Lewis)
- "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." (Seneca)
- "I will either find a way, or make one." (Hannibal Barkas)
- "I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is that they must change if they are to get better."ll." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
Motivational Quotes 11 - 20
- "Any difficult situation you overcome now will be saved for you in the future." (Dalai Lama)
- "The real secret of success is enthusiasm." (Walt Disney)
- "It is never too late to be what you might have been." (George Eliot)
- "Paths are made by walking them." (Franz Kafka)
- "When everybody else thinks it’s the end, we have to begin." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "Winning is not always the barometer of getting better." (Tiger Woods)
- "Obstacles and difficulties are steps on which we climb up to the heights." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "A mighty flame follows a tiny spark." (Dante Alighieri)
- "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." (Mark Twain)
Motivational Quotes 21 - 30
- "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." (Mark Twain)
- "Successful people don’t fear failure, but understand that it’s necessary to learn and grow from." (Robert Kiyosaki)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "If a woodchopper was given just five minutes to chop down a tree or lose his life, he better spend three minutes sharpening his ax." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "Because he has no goal in mind, everything he does succeeds." (Lao Tzu)
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "When a man has not a good reason for doing a thing, he has one good reason for letting it alone." (Walter Scott)
- "It's up to you whether you want to use the new year as a brake or as an engine." (Henry Ford)
- "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe." (Anatole France)
- "Even skyscrapers started at the bottom once." (Hanno Nühm)
Motivational Quotes 31 - 40
- "The ship is safest when it’s in port, but that’s not what ships were built for." (Paulo Coelho)
- "A very little key will open a very heavy door." (Charles Dickens)
- "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." (Henry Ford)
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "A problem is a chance for you to do your best." (Duke Ellington)
- "Faith in our power can arise into infinity." (Friedrich Schlegel)
- "If you stop trying to get better, you stop trying to be good." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage." (Thucydides)
- "The heaviest rain starts with a single drop." (German proverb)
- "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." (Henry Ford)
Motivational Quotes 41 - 50
- "A positive attitude towards solvable problems is already half the battle." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "The greatest glory in life is not in never falling, but in getting back up every time." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." (John D. Rockefeller)
- "Easy ways only send the weak." (Hermann Hesse)
- "You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone." (Percy Cerutty)
- "No one knows what he can do until he tries." (Publilius Syrus)
- "With diligence, with courage and firm will, every desire will finally be satisfied." (Novalis)
- "If there is one faith that can move mountains, it is faith in one's own strength." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Don't find fault, find a remedy." (Henry Ford)
- "It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." (William Shakespeare)
Motivational Quotes 51 - 60
- "The slowest person unless he does not lose the sight of the goal, is faster than the one who wanders aimlessly." (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- "It's not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts." (Zig Ziglar)
- "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." (Lewis Carroll)
- "You have to try the impossible to achieve the possible." (Hermann Hesse)
- "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right." (Henry Ford)
- "Let him who would move the world first move himself." (Socrates)
- "No statue was ever erected to a critic. But the people they have criticized, many statues have gone up." (Glenn W. Turner)
- „Dream as far as you can see, and when you get there, you can keep looking." (Zig Ziglar)
- "Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy." (Saadi)
- "The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going." (David Starr Jordan)
Frequently asked questions about motivation and drive
What is meant by motivation?
Motivation is the set of motives that causes a person to consistently act in a way that achieves a particular goal.
How can you motivate yourself better?
Experience shows that people who set goals and tell others about them are particularly motivated to achieve them. For large projects, it is advisable to set meaningful intermediate goals. Routines, allies, quick decisions, motivating music, a break or two and, last but not least, love for what you are doing can also help.
What are the types of motivation?
Motivation is divided into intrinsic (internal drive), extrinsic (externally generated drive), task-oriented (clearly defined or exciting task), and context-oriented motivation. (promised effect in the environment)
Use the motivational sayings for more drive!
Those who stand up for what is good usually face headwinds. That's how our society works. But if you really want to change something, you have to stick with it and be patient. I hope that with this collection of quotes I can give you a list of motivational sayings to fall back on regularly.
Do you have any questions about the post? Or can you think of other motivational quotes that are still missing here? Then feel free to write me a comment.
PS.: Are you also still looking for motivating songs? Then just check out the linked post - you won't regret it!