Looking for effective mistakes quotes and the best sayings about making wrong decisions, being stupid and learning from mistakes? Then you've come to the right place! I used to be happy to resist admitting my mistakes and shortcomings. Today I know that they are something great if you learn directly from them. Because mistakes aren't bad - they're just human and reveal opportunities for you to do things better.
That's why I'd like to share with you some really inspiring quotes about mistakes - in the hope that we'll all learn from them steadily. Have fun!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about mistakes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Quotes And Sayings About Mistakes And Wrong Decisions
Nobody is perfect - and that's a good thing. Otherwise, life would probably be pretty boring. There would be no discussions - and ideas wouldn't be necessary either. Laaa boring, isn't it?
However, mistakes make life exciting! They regularly show us our personal development potential. All we have to do is recognize them, understand them and avoid them in the future. Use the following sayings about flaws and mistakes to realize forever that wrong decisions can also open new doors.
Error quotes 1 - 10
- "If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a mistake." (Frank Wilczek)
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." (Nelson Mandela)
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." (Albert Einstein)
- "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." (Bertrand Russell)
- "Not everyone has to do the same stupid things." (Roman Herzog)
- "The greatest mistake is to imagine that we never err." (Thomas Carlyle)
- "Don't find fault, find a remedy." (Henry Ford)
- "All of us make many mistakes in life. Let's learn to recognize our weaknesses and ask for forgiveness." (Pope Francis)
- "The biggest mistake you can make in your life is to be always afraid of making a mistake." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- "He who says A does not have to say B. He can also recognize that A was wrong." (Bertolt Brecht)
Error quotes 11 - 20
- "There is, I assure you, a medical art for the soul." (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- "A man who has committed a mistake and does not correct is committing another mistake." (Confucius)
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Nothing would be done at all if one waited until one could do it so well that no one could find fault with it." (John Henry Newman)
- "If I could live my life again I’d make exactly the same mistakes. Just a little earlier, so I have more of them." (Marlene Dietrich)
- "Everyone is mistaken - but the one who refuses to admit his own mistake will always be wrong!" (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "It's incredible how much intelligence is used in this world to prove nonsense." (Christian Friedrich Hebbel)
- "Our shortcomings are our best teachers: but against the best teachers one is always ungrateful." (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
- "Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other's little failings." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "With eagle eyes we see the mistakes of others, with mole eyes our own." (Francis de Sales)
Error quotes 21 - 30
- "We often demand virtue from others so that our faults can spread more comfortably." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "To see others mistakes, some people turn their eyes into microscopes." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "To cover a mistake with a lie is like replacing a stain with a hole." (Aristotle)
- "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." (Confucius)
- "You can take a lot of people's faults by ridiculing them." (Molière)
- "The fault finder will find faults even in paradise and thereby miss the joys that recognition of the positives bring." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes." (Winston Churchill)
- "We should always forgive. We should forgive the repentant for their sake, the unrepentant for our sake." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "He who repents shall not be reminded of his former sins." (Jewish proverb)
- "Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults." (Benjamin Franklin)
Tip: Mistakes can set you back. But if you deal with them consciously, they will only make you stronger. To go along with this, you can also check out my favorite Willpower Quotes view!
Error quotes 31 - 40
- "Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "People commit stupidities no matter how strict the rules or how tightly regulated the markets are. They will always commit stupidities." (Warren Buffett)
- "Every mistake seems incredibly stupid when others make it." (Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "Anyone can make a mistake; but how he bears the consequences of the fault, this is what distinguishes the noble mind from the common one." (Ernst Raupach)
- "If you have saved a young person from making mistakes, you have also saved him from making resolutions." (John Erskine)
- "You don't fall over your mistakes. You always fall over your enemies who take advantage of those mistakes." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "Where there are mistakes, there is experience." (Anton Pavlovich Chekhov)
- "A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." (James Joyce)
- "Those who fall have to get back up and learn from their mistakes." (Rainer Barzel)
- "Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes." (Antisthenes)
Error quotes 41 - 50
- "Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others." (Otto von Bismarck)
- "The most genuine thing about a men are his flaws." (Michelangelo)
- "A fear of mistakes leads to another mistake." (Horace)
- "Mistakes committed cannot be better excused than by confessing that they are recognized as such."(Pedro Calderón de la Barca)
- "Dogs have all the good qualities of men without having their faults at the same time." (Frederick II the Great)
- "If we had no faults of our own, we should not take so much pleasure in noticing those in others." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "Failure is simply the opportunity to start over again, this time more intelligently." (Henry Ford)
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Winston Churchill)
Can you think of any other wrong quotes and sayings about wrong decisions? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about the topic of errors
What do we actually mean by an error?
An error is an action that is a deviation from an expected, optimal and considered correct state. Errors, so to speak, are defects because something deviates from an accustomed standard.
Why is it okay to make mistakes?
Dealing with mistakes reveals the greatness and maturity of a person's character. Because mistakes are opportunities. You can learn from them, develop further and grow from them. That's another reason why it's perfectly okay to make mistakes - you should just try, if possible, not to make them a second time.
How can you overcome fear of failure?
Fear of failure (technical term: Atychiphobia) is the fear of making mistakes, failing at a task, and not meeting other people's expectations. Through self-distance, viewing mistakes as opportunities, looking confidently at one's own successes in life, and various relaxation techniques, one can work to overcome one's own fear of failure.
Using Quotes About Bad Decisions And Foolishness And Learning From Mistakes
Everyone makes mistakes. But if you accept them as such, you will certainly not make them a second time. Wrong decisions and stupidities only make us smarter and better if we learn from them. When I think back 5 - 10 years, I really realize what I have learned. I think you feel the same way, don't you?
The biggest mistake of my life was definitely not questioning what was being done to animals for having them on my plate until I was 30. In conclusion, here are some further articleswhich will show you why I think it was a mistake to have questioned this so late:
- Documentaries about factory farming
- Stop factory farming
- Dominion film
- Save rainforest - What everyone can do
- Why I live vegan
Do you have any questions or more exciting quotes about mistakes? Then just write me a comment.
PS.: Feel free to look further in the Quotes blog around! There you will find for example also my Favorite Justice Quotes.