Are you looking for inspiring Hunger quotes in the fight against the unjust global food situation? Then you've come to the right place - because here you'll find many rousing sayings about the social problem of the World Hunger. Every ten seconds, a child under the age of 5 dies as a result of hunger.₁ Inspirational quotes and sayings can help bring about greater awareness of this global challenge in our society.
That's why I'm going to introduce you to 32 hunger quotes that are sure to get yourself and many other people thinking about global famine. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about hunger have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Quotes Against World Hunger
So, let's not waste so much inspirational time at all. Here are valuable quotes about hunger that you can use to build a stronger social consciousness about world hunger.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Tip: If you want to use the Fighting world hunger every day then take a look at the linked article. There you will find out what you can do in your everyday life so that fewer people have to go hungry.
Hunger Quotes #1-10
- "You can't build peace on empty stomachs." (Norman Ernest Borlaug)
- "A hungry man is not a free man." (Adlai Ewing Stevenson)
- "Love and hunger are the basis of life." (Anatole France)
- "Society is composed of two great classes those who have more dinners than appetite, and those who have more appetite than dinners." (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "If you pick up a starving dog and feed it, it won't bite you. That's the basic difference between dogs and humans." (Mark Twain)
- "We are living at the expense of the third world and are surprised when misery is knocking." (Gregor Gysi)
- "Money cannot satisfy hunger, but on the contrary it is the reason for hunger. Where there are rich people, everything is expensive." (Martin Luther)
- "The best spice in the world is hunger; and since the poor do not lack it, eating always gives them pleasure." (Miguel de Cervantes)
- "Love never dies of want, but often of indigestion." (Ninon de Lenclos)
- "Hunger is not an issue of charity. It is an issue of justice." (Jacques Diouf)
Hunger Quotes #11-20
- "He who is full will never understand a hungry man." (Proverb)
- "Hunger is the mother of anarchy." (Herbert Hoover)
- "In other words, hunger, pestilence, thirst, and other poverty-related local conflicts destroy almost as many men, women, and children each year than World War II did in six years. For the people of the Third World, World War III is undeniably in full swing." (Jean Ziegler)
- "Hunger is the argument that is driving India to the spinning wheel." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." (Mother Teresa)
- "Hunger makes a thief of any man." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "They Have Money For War But Can't Feed The Poor." (Tupac Shakur)
- "There are people in the world who are so hungry that God can only appear to them in the form of bread." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "We know that a peaceful world cannot long exist, one-third rich and two-thirds hungry." (Jimmy Carter)
- "We live in a crazy world: people die of hunger, but lapdogs die of obesity." (Norman Mailer)
Hunger Quotes #21-32
- "An empty stomach is a bad advisor." (Albert Einstein)
- "The war against hunger is truly mankind's war of liberation." (John F. Kennedy)
- "Satiety, like any other power, always contains a certain amount of impudence, and this manifests itself chiefly in the satiety giving lessons to the hungry." (Anton Chekhov)
- "The world has enough for everyone's needs, but not for everyone's greed." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "We know that it is possible for us multinational companies to feed even 15 billion people in the world if we take the right actions." (Helmut O. Maucher)
- "You're never sad enough to make the world a better place. You get hungry again too soon." (Elias Canetti)
- "There are two kinds of rats, the hungry and the full." (Heinrich Heine)
- "It is not an art to be an honest man when you have soup, vegetables and meat to eat every day." (Georg Büchner)
- "World agriculture could easily feed 12 billion people. That means a child who dies from hunger is a murdered child. (Jean Ziegler)
- "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime." (Lao Tzu)
- "Crime in England is rarely the result of sin. It is nearly always the result of starvation." (Oscar Wilde)
- "For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?" (Khalil Gibran)
Using Hunger Quotes In The Fight Against World Hunger
Now you have a cornucopia of powerful, effective sayings and quotes against world hunger at your fingertips. Worldwide, more than 800 million people go hungry. And around 2 billion suffer from malnutrition.₂ According to estimates by the World Food Organization, however, at the same time 1.3 billion tons of the food produced worldwide is thrown away every year.₃ We in the industrialized nations have an influence on this distribution problem every day. Each individual can, for example, make a conscious contribution to the Reduction of food waste make a positive difference.
Therefore, use the hunger quotes to generate attention to the global social problem of famine. Because even if the global population is growing steadilyToday, it is possible to feed all the people on our planet₄ so that no one would have to go hungry.
₁,₂ Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V.: HUNGER: DISTRIBUTION, CAUSES & CONSEQUENCES, available at https://www.welthungerhilfe.de/hunger. [28.03.2020].
₃ Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V.: Hunger: extent, prevalence, causes - The most frequently asked questions on the topic (as at: 15.07.2019). https://www.welthungerhilfe.de/fileadmin/pictures/ publications/en/fact_sheets/topics/2016_factsheet_hunger.pdf. [28.03.2020].
₄ MMCD NEW MEDIA GmbH: Sustainable World Food Works, available at https://www.scinexx.de/news/biowissen/nachhaltige-welternaehrung-funktioniert. [28.03.2020].