Looking for inspirational Friedrich Schiller quotes? Then you've come to the right place! Schiller is one of the most important German playwrights and poets in history. The valuable wisdom, plays, ballads and poems of the poet of freedom are still taught in German classes today.
Here I would like to give you now the collection of the best quotes and sayings of Friedrich Schiller as a personal source of inspiration.
My please: Keep in mind that many of Schiller's quotes have been translated. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
25 valuable wisdoms from Friedrich Schiller
Personally, I am thrilled with the Lightness and the awareness of nature in the world view of Schiller. I am sure that you will also feel it directly from the following wisdoms. Have fun!
Friedrich Schiller Quotes 1 - 10
- "Simplicity is the result of maturity."
- "What shall he fear who doesn't fear death?"
- "Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing."
- "The true optimists are not convinced that everything will go well. But they are convinced that not everything will go wrong."
- "It is the mind itself which builds the body."
- "Even the weak become strong when they are united."
- "Nature is an infinitely divided God."
- "Words do not make the heavy heart light. But words can lead us to action."
- "Every day is a new chance for a fresh start."
- "On the mountains there is freedom! The world is perfect everywhere, save where man comes with his torment."
Tip: I have also sent you a separate Collection of quotes about hiking and mountains created. Look gladly times purely!
Friedrich Schiller Quotes 11 - 25
- "Lose not yourself in a far off time, seize the moment that is thine."
- "In my heart all my desires lies buried."
- "You can't deny people the right to think what they want."
- "The goodbye to a long and important work is always more sad than gratifying."
- "You have to be patient with our weakness."
- "The man who fears nothing is as powerful as he who is feared by everybody."
- "What hands built, hands can overthrow."
- "Oh seize the hour before it slips away. So seldom the moment comes in life that is truly important and great."
- "A great pattern arouses emulation and gives higher laws to judgment."
- "The world history is the judgment of the world."
- "I fear nothing - nothing - but the limits of your love."
- "We could do a lot if we stood together."
- "Truth exists for the wise, beauty for the feeling heart."
- "Early practicing is the key to become a master."
- "The day will come, that will solve everything."
Can you think of any other sayings by Friedrich Schiller that are missing from this collection of sayings? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Use Friedrich Schiller Quotes As A Constant Source Of Inspiration
Among others, next to his friend Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, counts Schiller to the essential representatives of the Weimar Classicism. His stories, poems and views are still absolutely stirring today, well over 200 years after his death. I hope that I could inspire you with this small collection of the best sayings of Schiller.
Finally I would like to give you further articles that fit Schiller's values and could promote your personal development:
- Environmental awareness - what is it actually?
- Living Minimalist - This is how it works!
- Good deeds in everyday life
Do you have questions or more quotes from Friedrich Schiller that I should include in this article? Then write me we always happy to comment,