Looking for rousing quotes about dreams? Then you've come to the right place! Forward-looking ideas are often described as pipe dreams or illusions - and the people who express them as dreamers and utopians. But it is the people with visions and great goals who change our world for the better. Those who always do the ordinary will not make a difference. It is especially important to internalize this, for example, when you are the greatest environmental problems of our time wants to fight.
In this article I would like to give you a collection of the best short wisdoms, aphorisms and quotes about the fascination of dreams, wishes and visions. Use them to make dream visions come true. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about dreams have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 72 Best Sayings And Quotes About Dreams And Wishful Thinking
Isn't it a great feeling when desires you literally didn't even dare dream of suddenly become real? Visions, goals and dreams for the future - no matter how unrealistic they may seem at the moment - are simply something wonderful.
But of course, these dreams don't usually come true by sitting idly on the sofa. But one thing is for sure: if you can imagine or dream something, you can do it! Use the following inspirational quotes about dreams and visions to make yourself aware of this.
Dreams Quotes 1 - 10
- "It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." (Paulo Coelho)
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Our desires presage the capacities within us they are harbingers of what we shall be able to accomplish." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." (Walt Disney)
- "To realize our dreams we must decide to wake up." (Josephine Baker)
- "Those who have achieved all their goals have chosen them too low." (Herbert von Karajan)
- "A visionary has pipe dreams and turns them into reality." (Helmut Glaßl)
- "You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'" (George Bernard Shaw)
- "I know from undeniable experience that dreams lead to self-knowledge." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
Dreams Quotes 11 - 20
- "I have a dream." (Martin Luther King)
- "Nothing makes us more cowardly and unconscionable than the desire to be loved by everyone." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "He who restraints his desires is always rich." (Voltaire)
- "Sixty seconds of reverie is sixty seconds of living rest for body and mind." (Prentice Mulford)
- "If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." (Epicurus of Samos)
- "Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes." (Napoleon Hill)
- "Truly rich is he who has more dreams in his soul than reality can destroy." (Hans Kruppa)
- "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." (John Lennon)
- "Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others." (Jonathan Swift)
- "Dreams and thoughts don't know any barriers." (German proverb)
Tip: Many people dream of a job that fulfills them completely. Be sure to take a look at the sustainable job portal for current job postings with real added value for you, the environment and our society. To complement this, I would like to show you the article about the Identifying features of attractive employers to the heart.
Dreams Quotes 21 - 30
- "No man can be happy without a wish, because happiness consists precisely in wishing." (Attila Hörbiger)
- "Don't call yourself poor, if your dreams didn't come true. Only those are really poor, who have never had a dream." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "I'll never be anything. I couldn't want to be something. Apart from that, I have in me all the dreams in the world." (Fernando Pessoa)
- "There is nothing more a wish can lose than by coming true." (Peter Bamm)
- "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come." (Victor Hugo)
- "The average man does not know what to do with this life, yet wants another one which will last forever." (Anatole France)
- "Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today." (James Dean)
- "No man that does not see visions will ever realize any high hope or undertake any high enterprise." (Woodrow Wilson)
- "Yesterday’s dreams are often tomorrow’s realities." (Salvador Dali)
- "The dream of yesterday is the reality of today and tomorrow." (Bruce Lee)
Dreams Quotes 31 - 40
- "Every wish, when fulfilled, instantly gives birth to young." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." (Mark Twain)
- "You only see the shining shooting star when it fades away." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "Plans are the dreams of the reasonable." (Ernst Freiherr von Feuchtersleben)
- "The desire to keep an animal arises from an ancient basic motive - namely, the longing of cultural man for the lost paradise." (Konrad Lorenz)
- "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." (Mark Twain)
- "At the destination of your desires, you will definitely miss one thing: hiking to the destination." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Anyone who falls asleep in fear of a bad dream certainly doesn't dream well." (Chinese proverb)
- "The dream is the best proof that we are not as locked into our skin as it seems." (Friedrich Hebbel)
Tip: Conscious Changes in life are often difficult for us - However, they usually open a door to what we have long dreamed of. In the linked article you will learn, among other things, how you can make it easier for yourself to allow new things and experiences.
Dreams Quotes 41 - 50
- "Just as not everyone dreams who sleeps, not everyone who dreams sleeps." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "Not only you should have more ideas than others, but you should also have the ability to decide which of those ideas are good." (Linus Pauling)
- „Visions are winged plans." (Hans-Jürgen Quadbeck-Seeger)
- "Basically, people only have two desires: to grow old while staying young." (Peter Bamm)
- "Wishes are the most remarkable bridge builders and the bravest walkers." (Elfriede Hablé)
- "The flowers of spring are winter's dreams related at the breakfast table of the angels." (Kahlil Gibran)
- "There are many sides to reality. Choose the one that's best for you. Escape into the world of imagination." (Eugène Ionesco)
- "Thy wish was father, Harry, to that thought." (William Shakespeare)
- "If you have both feet on the ground, you can't move forward." (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
- "As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
Dreams Quotes 51 - 60
- "Everyone who knows how to read has it in their power to magnify themselves, to multiply the ways in which they exist, to make their life full, significant, and interesting." (Aldous Huxley)
- "An idea must be able to become reality, or it is just a vain soap bubble." (Berthold Auerbach)
- "If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality." (Morgan Freeman)
- "The wise only possess ideas; the greater part of mankind are possessed by them." (Samuel Coleridge)
- "Unfulfillable wishes are called pious ones. It seems to be assumed that only the profane ones come true." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Don't dream your life. Live your dreams." (Dale Carnegie)
- "Everyone believes very easily whatever he fears or desires." (Jean de La Fontaine)
- "Dreams are true as long as we dream them - and aren't we always living in dreams?" (Honoré de Balzac)
- "Men freely believe that which they desire." (Gaius Julius Caesar)
- "It is important to make a dream of life and of a dream reality." (Marie Curie)
Dreams Quotes 61 - 72
- "Even more beautiful than having visions is making them a reality." (Lisz Hirn)
- "It is a full life even if there are many unfulfilled desires." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- "The desire to appear smart and capable often prevents us from becoming so." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "In the ability to intensely nourish a noble desire, there is something like satisfaction." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The most wonderful thing about miracles is that they sometimes happen." (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
- "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." (Jim Rohn)
- "Ambition is the skill to make dreams become reality." (Niklas Gennen)
- "He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life." (Confucius)
- "Wishes are never wise. In fact, that's the best thing about them." (Charles Dickens)
- "Be aware of your thoughts! They are the beginning of your deeds. (Chinese wisdom)
- "Thought is the work of the intellect, reverie is its self-indulgence. To substitute day-dreaming for thought is to confuse a poison with a source of nourishment." (Victor Marie Hugo)
- "People who know no fear have no imagination." (Erich Kästner)
Can you think of any other dream quotes that are missing here? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about dreams and wishes
What is meant by a dream?
The term dream is understood to mean, in the true sense of the word, a mental and sequence occurring during sleep of images, experiences and ideas that represent real experienced situations or are freely imagined. Dreams are produced by the central nervous system and are important for a person's mental balance.
But as dreams are also still unfulfilled wishes that a person longs for fulfillment. For example, a life's dream is a wish that someone absolutely wants to have fulfilled as a climax in the course of his or her life.
Why is it important to dream?
Dreams fulfill an important task: while our body recovers in sleep, our brain is primarily occupied with it, to spread moving, emotional experiences. This is essential to create a mental balance.
How can I fulfill my dreams?
Of course, every person has different dreams in life - but for their realization usually work quite very similar approaches.
Be aware of what will happen if you never fulfill your dream. Train your will, be courageous, consistent and patient - and internalize that small setbacks can always occur on the way to your dream, but they will not deter you from your goal.
Using Quotes About Visions, Wishes and Dreams in Everyday Life
Giving up dreams unfulfilled leaves gaps. If, on the other hand, they eventually become reality, it makes us incredibly happy. From dreams and visions that come true, for example, against cruelty to animals, the World hunger or the Deforestation of the rainforests Even all living creatures on earth benefit from the new technology.
We must never stop dreaming of a better world - because otherwise absolutely nothing will change. We can use all our Fulfill dreams, if are willing to give everything for it.
I hope these quotes about visions and wishful thinking have inspired you. Do you have any questions or can you think of any other effective dream quotes? Then just write me a short comment.
PS: Some people wish they were more appreciated and respected. How you can help yourself in your private or professional life gain more respect I'll show you now in the next article.