Looking for rousing quotes about dreams? Then you've come to the right place! Forward-looking ideas are often described as pipe dreams or illusions - and the people who express them as dreamers and utopians. But it's the people with visions and big goals who are changing our world for the better. Those who always do the ordinary will not make a difference. It is also particularly important to internalize this when you are the greatest environmental problems of our time wants to fight.
Therefore, in this article I would like to compile for you the most valuable dreams quotes and sayings about visions, goals and wishes - so that dream ideas come true.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about dreams have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Sayings And Quotes About Dreams And Wishful Thinking
Isn't it a great feeling when wishes you literally never even dared to dream suddenly come true? Visions, goals and dreams for the future - no matter how unrealistic they may be today, are simply something wonderful. But these dreams are not usually fulfilled by sitting idly on the sofa.
But one thing is for sure: if you can imagine or dream something, you can do it! Use the following inspirational quotes about dreams and visions to make yourself aware of this.
Dreams Quotes 1 - 10
- "It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." (Paulo Coelho)
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Our desires presage the capacities within us they are harbingers of what we shall be able to accomplish." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." (Walt Disney)
- "To realize our dreams we must decide to wake up." (Josephine Baker)
- "Those who have achieved all their goals have chosen them too low." (Herbert von Karajan)
- "A visionary has pipe dreams and turns them into reality." (Helmut Glaßl)
- "You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'" (George Bernard Shaw)
- "I know from undeniable experience that dreams lead to self-knowledge." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
Dreams Quotes 11 - 20
- "I have a dream." (Martin Luther King)
- "Nothing makes us more cowardly and unconscionable than the desire to be loved by everyone." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "If someone has no fear, he has no imagination." (Erich Kästner)
- "Sixty seconds of reverie is sixty seconds of living rest for body and mind." (Prentice Mulford)
- "If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." (Epicurus of Samos)
- "Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes." (Napoleon Hill)
- "Truly rich is he who has more dreams in his soul than reality can destroy." (Hans Kruppa)
- "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." (John Lennon)
- "Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others." (Jonathan Swift)
- "Dreams and thoughts don't know any barriers." (German proverb)
Dreams Quotes 21 - 30
- "No man can be happy without a wish, because happiness consists precisely in wishing." (Attila Hörbiger)
- "Don't call yourself poor, if your dreams didn't come true. Only those are really poor, who have never had a dream." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "I'll never be anything. I couldn't want to be something. Apart from that, I have in me all the dreams in the world." (Fernando Pessoa)
- "There is nothing more a wish can lose than by coming true." (Peter Bamm)
- "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come." (Victor Hugo)
- "The average man does not know what to do with this life, yet wants another one which will last forever." (Anatole France)
- "Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today." (James Dean)
- "No man that does not see visions will ever realize any high hope or undertake any high enterprise." (Woodrow Wilson)
- "Yesterday’s dreams are often tomorrow’s realities." (Salvador Dali)
- "The dream of yesterday is the reality of today and tomorrow." (Bruce Lee)
Dreams Quotes 31 - 40
- "Every wish, when fulfilled, instantly gives birth to young." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." (Mark Twain)
- "You only see the shining shooting star when it fades away." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "Plans are the dreams of the reasonable." (Ernst Freiherr von Feuchtersleben)
- "The desire to keep an animal arises from an ancient basic motive - namely, the longing of cultural man for the lost paradise." (Konrad Lorenz)
- "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." (Mark Twain)
- "At the destination of your desires, you will definitely miss one thing: hiking to the destination." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Anyone who falls asleep in fear of a bad dream certainly doesn't dream well." (Chinese proverb)
- "The dream is the best proof that we are not as locked into our skin as it seems." (Friedrich Hebbel)
Dreams Quotes 41 - 50
- "Just as not everyone dreams who sleeps, not everyone who dreams sleeps." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "Not only you should have more ideas than others, but you should also have the ability to decide which of those ideas are good." (Linus Pauling)
- „Visions are winged plans." (Hans-Jürgen Quadbeck-Seeger)
- "Basically, people only have two desires: to grow old while staying young." (Peter Bamm)
- "Wishes are the most remarkable bridge builders and the bravest walkers." (Elfriede Hablé)
- "The flowers of spring are winter's dreams related at the breakfast table of the angels." (Kahlil Gibran)
- "There are many sides to reality. Choose the one that's best for you. Escape into the world of imagination." (Eugène Ionesco)
- "Thy wish was father, Harry, to that thought." (William Shakespeare)
- "If you have both feet on the ground, you can't move forward." (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
- "As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
Dreams Quotes 51 - 60
- "Everyone who knows how to read has it in their power to magnify themselves, to multiply the ways in which they exist, to make their life full, significant, and interesting." (Aldous Huxley)
- "An idea must be able to become reality, or it is just a vain soap bubble." (Berthold Auerbach)
- "If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality." (Morgan Freeman)
- "The wise only possess ideas; the greater part of mankind are possessed by them." (Samuel Coleridge)
- "Unfulfillable wishes are called pious ones. It seems to be assumed that only the profane ones come true." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Don't dream your life. Live your dreams." (Dale Carnegie)
- "Everyone believes very easily whatever he fears or desires." (Jean de La Fontaine)
- "Dreams are true as long as we dream them - and aren't we always living in dreams?" (Honoré de Balzac)
- "Men freely believe that which they desire." (Gaius Julius Caesar)
- "It is important to make a dream of life and of a dream reality." (Marie Curie)
Dreams Quotes 61 - 70
- "Even more beautiful than having visions is making them a reality." (Lisz Hirn)
- "It is a full life even if there are many unfulfilled desires." (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- "The desire to appear smart and capable often prevents us from becoming so." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "In the ability to intensely nourish a noble desire, there is something like satisfaction." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The most wonderful thing about miracles is that they sometimes happen." (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
- "Ambition is the skill to make dreams become reality." (Niklas Gennen)
- "He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life." (Confucius)
- "Wishes are never wise. In fact, that's the best thing about them." (Charles Dickens)
- "Be aware of your thoughts! They are the beginning of your deeds. (Chinese wisdom)
- "Thought is the work of the intellect, reverie is its self-indulgence. To substitute day-dreaming for thought is to confuse a poison with a source of nourishment." (Victor Marie Hugo)
Can you think of any other dream quotes? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Create a picture with your favorite saying!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about dreams and wishes
What is meant by a dream?
The term dream is understood to mean, in the true sense of the word, a mental and sleep-occurring sequence of images, experiences and ideas that represent real experienced situations or are freely imagined. Dreams are produced by the central nervous system and are important for the mental balance of a person.
However, dreams are also unfulfilled wishes that a person longs for fulfillment. A life dream, for example, is a wish that someone absolutely wants to have fulfilled as a climax in the course of his life.
Why is it important to dream?
Dreams fulfill an important task. While our body recovers during sleep, our brain is primarily occupied with spreading moving, emotional experiences. This is essential to establish mental balance.
How can I fulfill my dreams?
Everyone has different dreams in life - but basically similar approaches always work for their realization. Be aware of what happens if you never fulfill your dream. Train your will, be courageous, consistent and patient - and internalize that small setbacks on the way to your dream may appear, but will not stop you.
Using Quotes About Visions, Wishes and Dreams in Everyday Life
Giving up dreams unfulfilled leaves gaps. If, on the other hand, they eventually become reality, it makes us incredibly happy. From dreams and visions that have come true, for example, against Cruelty to animals, the World hunger or the Deforestation of the rainforests Even all living creatures on earth benefit from the new technology.
We must never stop dreaming of a better world - because then absolutely nothing changes.
I hope these quotes about visions and wishful thinking have inspired you. Do you have any questions or can you think of any other effective dream quotes? Then just write me a short comment.
Remain a visionary,
PS: Injustices can also only be eliminated if you can imagine what the world would look like without them. Fittingly, you can now also best quotes about justice watch. Have fun!