Looking for the best travel quotes and sayings about vacation? Then you've come to the right place! Traveling is not just getting on a plane. Traveling makes us personalities. It lets us discover nature and unique people and cultures. And at the same time, it gives us time to relax from the stress of everyday life. Sustainable travel means to experience a journey consciously and to get involved with the people and the environment on site.
Here I would like to give you an inspiring collection of quotes with the best, short wisdoms and sayings about vacation and travel. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the travel quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 82 Best Sayings And Quotes About Travel
Today, I don't travel quite as much as I used to - but even the memories of past trips regularly bring a smile to my face. There are Moments and memories that you no longer want to give away and to which one can regularly fall back.
But now I don't want to wait too long, because your next vacation is surely just around the corner. These are my personal favorites among the travel quotes!
Travel Quotes 1 - 10
- "Take only memories, leave only footprints." (Chief Seattle)
- "The most dangerous worldview is the view of those who have never looked at the world." (Alexander von Humboldt)
- "The best education for a clever person is found in travel." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Nothing develops intelligence like travel." (Emile Zola)
- "Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world." (Gustave Flaubert)
- "If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. This one is deadly." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Once a year go some place you've never been before." (Dalai Lama)
- "To speak a language is to take on a world, a culture." (Frantz Fanon)
- "To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." (Aldous Huxley)
- "A journey is best measure in friends, not in miles." (Tim Cahill)
Travel Quotes 11 - 20
- "Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." (Ibn Battuta)
- "I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world." (Mary Anne Radmacher)
- "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)
- "Adventure is worthwhile.” (Aristotle)
- "We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us." (Unknown)
- "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." (St. Augustine)
- "The beaten path is the safest, but the traffic’s terrible." (Jeff Taylor)
- "To hike a lot makes you very versed." (Peter Sirius)
- "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." (Lao Tzu)
- "Stop worrying about potholes along the road and celebrate the journey." (Fitzhugh Mullan)
Travel Quotes 21 - 30
- "If all the year were playing holidays; To sport would be as tedious as to work." (William Shakespeare)
- "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." (Nelson Mandela)
- "See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream." (Ray Bradbury)
- "If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears." (Cesare Pavese)
- "I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." (Susan Sontag)
- "Only travel is life, as conversely life is travel." (Jean Paul)
- "I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I've never been before." (Bill Bryson)
- "To travel is to live." (Hans Christian Andersen)
- "For the German, the vacation only begins when he can tell so much about it afterwards..." (Elmar Kupke)
- "There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Travel Quotes 31 - 40
- "Investment in travel is an investment in yourself." (Matthew Karsten)
- "If you want to understand the narrowness of your homeland, travel. If you want to measure the narrowness of your time, study history." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see." (G.K. Chesterton)
- "Each trip has a special smell, taste and its own colors." (Wanda Rezat)
- "A small journey is enough to renew the world." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." (Lewis Carroll)
- "Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life." (Michael Palin)
- "To travel is to be born and to die at every instant." (Victor Hugo)
- "Never hesitate to go far away, beyond all seas, all frontiers, all countries, all beliefs." (Amin Maalouf)
- "Not all those who wander are lost." (J. R. R. Tolkien)
Travel Quotes 41 - 50
- "What is traveling? Changing your place? By no means! Traveling is changing your opinions and your prejudices." (Anatole France)
- "Looking only at the destination spoils the pleasure of travel." (Friedrich Rückert)
- "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." (James Michener)
- "A long journey does not stop at the destination, a piece of us will always travel on in spirit." (Andreas Bechstein)
- "It's not those who are old who know a lot, but those who have been around a lot." (Turkish proverb)
- "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness." (Mark Twain)
- "To travel is to evolve." (Pierre Bernardo)
- "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." (Helen Keller)
- "Travel is the best, yes, the only cure for grief." (Alfred de Musset)
- "There's nothing wrong setting goals, as long as you don't let it keep you from interesting detours." (Mark Twain)
Travel Quotes 51 - 60
- "People don’t take trips - trips take people." (John Steinbeck)
- "The passion of travel is the wisest vice known to the earth." (Bruno H. Bürgel)
- "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." (Martin Buber)
- "Nowhere does man strain himself more than in the pursuit of recreation." (Laurence Sterne)
- "Wherever my travels may lead, paradise is where I am." (Voltaire)
- "If you get the adventurousness of travel into your blood, you can't get rid of it anymore." (Bruno H. Bürgel)
- "That's the pleasant thing about travel, that even the ordinary gains the prestige of an adventure through novelty and surprise." (Johann Wofgang von Goethe)
- "Travel is the best means of self-education." (Karl Julius Weber)
- "A journey is a drink from the fountain of life." (Christian Friedrich Hebbel)
- "I met a lot of people in Europe. I even found myself living there." (James Baldwin)
Tip: Do you sometimes have difficulties, meet new people on vacation? In the linked blog article you will learn how you can easily change that!
Travel Quotes 61 - 70
- "Tourists don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they're going." (Paul Theroux)
- "Travel is a drug - but you don't get addicted to travel, you get addicted to the state it puts you in and the feelings you experience." (Klaus Fritz)
- "The home of adventure is the foreign land." (Emil Gött)
- "You're not traveling in order to arrive but in order to travel." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer." (Unknown)
- "I have found out there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them." (Mark Twain)
- "Travelling is the desire for life." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "You think travelers are brave, but to travel is one of the most relaxing ways to spend time." (Paul Theroux)
- "Paths are made by walking them." (Erich Kästner)
- "A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike." (John Steinbeck)
Tip: Do you already know how to avoid waste more easily on vacation? In the article Zero Waste Journeyyou can learn more about it! In addition, you will learn good reasons for it in another article, collect garbage more often when traveling.
Travel Quotes 71 - 82
- "One day you will wake up & there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now." (Paulo Coelho)
- "It is always the adventurers who do great things, not the sovereigns of great empires." (Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu)
- "Only foreign lands teach us what we possess about home." (Theodor Fontane)
- "Only he should travel who wants to be surprised constantly." (Oskar Maria Graf)
- "Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." (John Muir)
- "Travel is about crossing borders, including your own." (Wanda Rezat)
- "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." (Confucius)
- "Mountains are silent masters and make silent students." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Adventures begin where plans end." (Unknown)
- "The world belongs to those who set out to conquer it armed with self confidence and good humour." (Charles Dickens)
- "The greatest sight there is the world – Go see it!" (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "One must travel, to learn." (Mark Twain)
Frequently asked questions about travel
What is meant by flight shame?
Flight shame describes the guilty conscience that many people get when they complete their journey with the (according to the Federal Environment Agency) most climate-damaging means of transport, the airplane.
What forms of travel are there?
Many people often think of an airplane when they hear the word "travel". But in addition to long-distance or air travel, there are countless other types of travel. For example, the round trip, the city trip, the bike trip, the cruise or even the hiking vacation.
What are the advantages of traveling?
People travel primarily because they want to escape from everyday life, gather new impressions and meet new people, relax and develop personally, as well as broaden their horizons.
Using sayings about vacation and travel as a source of inspiration
Well, do you feel like discovering new landscapes or immersing yourself in foreign cultures? Travel builds our personality and makes us richer. I hope that the travel quotes from this collection will give you additional strength and Make you want to see more of the world. Because every day you spend in strange places makes you a storyteller.
Do you have any questions or can you think of any other sayings on this topic? Then write me a comment and I will add them to the list.
PS: It is not always possible to avoid the flight to the destination! In a separate article you will learn how to avoid the flight in such cases. fly as sustainably as possible simply by following your heart.