Looking for meaningful biodiversity quotes and sayings about biodiversity or species extinction? Then you've come to the right place. Around one in eight animal and plant species is now acutely threatened with extinction.₁ This is primarily a consequence of human activity. We are changing the climate, we are taking away habitats and food sources. Ultimately, we ourselves are threatened with extinction.
Here I would like to give you a list of inspiring and motivating quotes about species conservation, biodiversity and also the Species extinction to help you raise awareness for the protection of living creatures in our society.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about species protection have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Biodiversity Quotes And Sayings
Animals and plants are actually able to adapt to changes in their environment. Nature has always been a flexible system, and new species emerge through adaptation to changing environmental conditions and natural selection of the best-adapted specimens. But there are limits to the ability to adapt - and we humans have only been able to do so with the Climate change and the excessive Deforestation of the rainforests ensured that they were clearly exceeded.
This collection of sayings should help with educational work to specifically counteract the extinction of species.
Species Protection Quotes 1 - 10
- "Once the bee disappears from the earth, man has only four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more humans." (Albert Einstein)
- "The most important species protection remains climate protection." (Philip Vohrer)
- "Anything that is against nature will not last in the long run." (Charles Darwin)
- "Any stupid boy can crush a bug. But all the professors in the world can't make one." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Only beautiful animals or ugly people wear fur." (Unknown)
- "Today's man has become more dangerous to nature than it has ever been to him." (Hans Jonas)
- "Animals are, like us, endangered species on an endangered planet, and we are the ones who are endangering them, it, and ourselves. They are innocent sufferers in a hell of our making." (Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson)
- "Humanity is another endangered species." (Unknown)
- "We are not an endangered species ourselves yet, but this is not for lack of trying." (Douglas Adams)
- "Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature he’s destroying is this God he’s worshiping." (Hubert Reeves)
Species Protection Quotes 11 - 21
- "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change." (Charles Darwin)
- "By driving other species to extinction, humanity is busy sawing off the branch on which it sits." (Paul R. Ehrlich)
- "Our planet is currently undergoing a mass extinction of species called the Anthropocene - the Age of Man."" (Louie Psihoyos)
- "The money to be made is clearly more important than the extinctions we cause, including our own." (Guy R. McPherson)
- "Animal protection is education to humanity." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Only the black sheep are not in danger of extinction." (Peter. E. Schumacher)
- "Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and nature are in fact plans to protect man." (Stewart Udall)
- "The current extinction has its own novel cause: not an asteroid or a massive volcanic eruption but "one weedy species." (Elizabeth Kolbert)
- "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." (Ronald Wilson Reagan)
- "There is no place for extinction in nature." (Lucretius)
- "As I know, the best hope for any species on earth today is that some group of people will love them." (Alexandra Morton)
Using Biodiversity Quotes and Sayings for Educational Work
I hope that the quotes about extinction will motivate you to actively protect the unique species of animals and plants on our planet. Nature is a complex system in which all living things depend on each other in various ways. If we place ourselves above nature, this will also have a catastrophic end for us.
Can you think of other sayings and quotes about biodiversity and the fight against species extinction? Then I'm curious about your comment!
PS.: I have also given you a great overview of unique Sustainability Quotes has put together a collection of sayings. In it you will also find other collections of sayings, such as. Water Scarcity Quotes.
₁ Summary for policymakers of the global assessment report on biodiversity and ecosystem services of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, IPBES, 06.05.2019, p.13.