Looking for inspirational Mother Teresa quotes? Then you've come to the right place! The Indian nun is considered one of the greatest missionaries of the 20th century. For her work with the sick, the homeless and the poor, she even received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
In this collection of sayings I would like to give you their most valuable wisdom and quotes.
My please: Keep in mind that many of Mother Teresa's quotes have been translated. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
25 Mother Teresa Quotes And Wisdom
For her commitment, Mother Teresa was showered with praise, recognition and awards. She is considered like no other person in history for the human value of the Charity. Feel free to get inspired by their quotes and sayings below.
Mother Teresa Quotes 1 - 10
- "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."
- "If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway."
- "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."
- "The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough."
- "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier."
- "The only way to eliminate poverty is sharing with each other."
- "Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty."
- "It is not enough to say: I love. Love must become a living deed."
- "Peace begins with a smile. Smile five times a day at someone you don't really want to smile at; do it for peace."
- "The greatest gift is the gift of joy."
Tip: I have also given you a Collection Of Quotes About Joie de Vivre compiled. Look gladly times purely!
Mother Teresa Quotes 11 - 20
- "People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered. Forgive them anyway."
- "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."
- "It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."
- "People who really want help may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway."
- "Poverty was not created by God. It is we who have caused it, you and I through our egotism."
- "In the beginning, I thought I had to convert. In the meantime, I have learned that my task is to love. And love converts whom it will."
- "You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things."
- "Prayer benefits the whole world, because peace begins and in our own hearts. How can we bring peace to the world if we do not have peace within ourselves?"
- "Man have been created in order to love and to be loved."
- "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
Mother Teresa Quotes 21 - 25
- "What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; build it anyway."
- "There are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things."
- "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."
- "I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness."
- "We fear the future because we are wasting today."
Can you think of any other sayings by Mother Teresa that are missing here? Then always come up with your suggestions in the comments!
Quotes and Wisdom from Mother Teresa Use as a source of inspiration!
Mother Teresa is a prime example of charity and respect for others. I hope that I could inspire you with her quotes and wisdom.
Finally, I'll give you some further articles here that fit the values of the religious sister and could advance your personal development:
- Stop world hunger - What everyone can do
- The "I alone can't change anything anyway" argument
- Vegan for human rights
Do you have questions or more quotes from Mother Teresa? Then feel free to leave me a comment.