Looking for the best creativity quotes and sayings about ideas? Then you are absolutely right here! Without creativity, there would be no new ideas and no problem solving - everything would continue as before. On the other hand, if you are creative, you will find solutions to the problems of everyday life. And, of course, strength of mind, inventiveness and creative power also help to ecological challenge of our timesuch as climate change or plastic waste in the world's oceans.
Here I would like to give you an inspiring collection of quotes with the best short sayings about creativity, genius, originality and inventiveness. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the creativity quotes have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
42 Creativity Quotes And Sayings About Inventiveness And Ingenuity
Creativity should be specifically stimulated, especially in childhood, as it is essential for the development of the child. Human development is. The creative streak helps us to think outside the box and look at things from a different perspective. It is what ultimately makes our actions so individual.
Do you sometimes have moments when you wish you were more creative? Don't worry, everyone has them - even artists and designers! Fortunately, the Encourage own inventiveness and creativity and train.
With the following quotes I would like you bring to new ides and make you more aware of the importance of creativity in our lives.
Creativity Quotes 1 - 10
- "Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything." (George Lois)
- "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come." (Victor Hugo)
- "Creativity takes courage." (Henri Matisse)
- "Fantasy is our good genius or demon." (Immanuel Kant)
- "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." (Albert Einstein)
- "If everyone thinks you have a good idea, you're too late." (Paul Hawken)
- "Not what I have, but what I do is my kingdom." (Thomas Carlyle)
- "The most beautiful of all secrets: to be a genius and to be the only one to know it." (Mark Twain)
- "Creativity is intelligence having fun." (Albert Einstein)
- "Everything you can imagine is real." (Pablo Picasso)
Book Tip: If you want to clear your head and become more creative, I can recommend the book "Clear your head!" by Prof. Dr. Volker Busch recommend. If you like, get it here*.
Creativity Quotes 11 - 20
- "An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." (Edwin Land)
- "You can build something beautiful from stones that are put in your way." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Creativity is just connecting things." (Steve Jobs)
- "There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns." (Edward de Bono)
- "Life's too short to hang out with people who aren't resourceful." (Jeff Bezos)
- "The creative adult is the child who has survived." (Ursula K. Le Guin)
- "Some people reject a good idea simply because it is not their own." (Luis Buñuel)
- "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." (Maya Angelou)
- "There is no great genius without some touch of madness." (Aristotle)
- "If we tried to think of a good idea, we wouldn't have been able to come up with a good idea. You just have to find the solution to a problem in your own life." (Brian Chesky)
Tip: At Founder:inside quotes and Fantasy Quotes you will find, by the way, more sayings that fit creative ideas!
Creativity Quotes 21 - 30
- "Creativity means creating order out of chaos." (Georg Stefan Troller)
- "Man only sets up something of his own when he has convinced himself that what exists is not enough." (Achim von Arnim)
- "The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "The sketch reveals one's talent, and the execution reveals one's true art." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Ideas are not responsible for what man makes of them." (Werner Heisenberg)
- "Creativity is contagious, pass it on." (Albert Einstein)
- "Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity." (Ray Bradbury)
- "Imagination, ideas, impulses and drive are the firewood for an intense life lived fierily." (Christa Schyboll)
- "True creativity comes out of a lack." (Wolfgang Joop)
- "To be creative is to give something primordial from oneself." (Jean Baptiste Henri Lacordaire)
Creativity Quotes 31 - 42
- "Art is the elimination of the unnecessary." (Pablo Picasso)
- "You have to get off the path, to not be left behind." (Hans Zaugg)
- "An idea is just an idea. When and how you approach it determines what becomes of it." (Justin Mateen)
- "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." (Pablo Picasso)
- "Creativity is when you come up with an idea while noticing something." (Gerhard Uhlenbruck)
- "Imagination does not mean to make things up. It means to make something out of things." (Thomas Mann)
- "Creativity is a wild mind and a disciplined eye." (Dorothy Parker)
- "When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Jonathan Swift)
- "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Creativity is not only inspiration, but also transpiration." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it." (Albert Einstein)
- "Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination." (Immanuel Kant)
Can you think of any other sayings about creativity and resourcefulness that are missing from this still collection? Then always come up with your suggestions in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about creativity
What is creativity?
Creativity is understood as the Ability to create something new, useful or usable. Suitable synonyms are, for example, inventiveness and creativeness.
How can I promote my creativity?
You become more creative by looking for new challenges. So make time for it and clear your head. Read books, make drawings, make up stories, entertain yourself, question things, and just do everything you do a little differently than usual.
What characteristics do creative people have?
Creative people take on challenges and love to solve problems. They are usually unprejudiced, spontaneous and willing to experiment. They also accept uncertainties and have good judgment.
Using the best quotes about creativity as a source of personal inspiration!
I'm sure that the creative ideas will now just bubble out of you after these quotes. You now have a good basis for it in any case. Look for problems in your everyday life that need to be solved and don't always take the path of least resistance. In the end, those who rise to the challenges become more creative.
Finally, I would like to give you here some further articles from the blog that can boost your creativity or that require creativity in their content:
- Avoiding waste in everyday life - this is how it works!
- Sustainable Do It Yourself Ideas
- Build dining table yourself from old wooden planks
I really hope that I could bring you new ideas with this collection of quotes about creativity. Do you have questions, suggestions or other sayings that have not yet appeared here? Then I'm looking forward to your comment!
PS: Do you already know how you're going to get your biggest dreams become reality? You can find out now in the linked blog article. Good luck!