Are you looking for the perfect hair soap or the ideal solid shampoo? Then you've come to the right place! The range of natural bar soaps for hair is getting bigger and bigger - and the decision is correspondingly more difficult.
That's why I have researched and evaluated the best hair soaps for you and finally put them together for you here. You can also order them directly by clicking on the relevant link. Have fun trying them out!
Overview: These are the best hair soaps in comparison
|Hair soap||Pkt.||Price||Available here*|
|1. solid rosemary shampoo from NICAMA||9,4||about 8€||Buy at Avocadostore|
|2. solid moisture shampoo from SANTE||9,3||about 6€||Buy from Amazon|
|3. solid shampoo from Waschkram||9,2||about 12€||Buy at Avocadostore|
|4. meina natural cosmetics organic hair soap||9,0||about 10€||Buy from Amazon|
|5. foamie solid shampoo||8,9||about 5€||Buy from Amazon|
Important: If I have been able to help you in your search for the best soap for healthy hair, I would of course be delighted if you would link to this carefully compiled comparison of hair soaps on the internet. Thank you very much for your support!
Hair soap comparison: These are the best soaps for healthy hair in detail
1. solid rosemary shampoo from NICAMA
The solid shampoo is produced fairly and socially in Dresden using natural ingredients. It is also very economical and has a pleasant rosemary scent - and in my personal experience, it is the best hair soap.
2. solid moisture shampoo from SANTE
This natural, solid shampoo foams particularly well and has a pleasant tropical fragrance. It moisturizes and protects the hair from drying out - and is a great alternative to shampoo from a plastic bottle.
3. solid shampoo from Waschkram
This practical soap ball is made in Germany and can also be attached using the cord. It is one of the best and most sustainable hair soaps - and is even available in different fragrances (e.g. mint, lavender or rose).
4. meina natural cosmetics organic hair soap
The environmentally friendly hair soap is handmade. It lathers very well and has a very pleasant lemongrass scent.
5. foamie solid shampoo
A natural moisturizing shampoo with aloe vera & almond oil. The bar soap is ideal for dry hair and was awarded "very good" by Öko-Test.
Advantages: Why should you prefer a bar of hair soap?
You may still be wondering why you should choose a solid natural soap for your daily hair care routine. I would therefore like to give you the most important Advantages of hair soaps name
- Natural ingredientsNatural soaps in bars offer a chemical-free, skin-friendly, organic and natural alternative to conventional shampoos, which often contain chemical surfactants, silicones, preservatives or microplastics, for example.
- Longer shelf lifeA solid hair soap is generally much more economical and long-lasting than a liquid shampoo from a plastic bottle. Accordingly, it is also cheaper in the long term, so that you Save money sustainably simply by following your heart.
- Less plastic wasteLiquid shampoos in plastic bottles regularly produce unnecessary waste. Hair soaps in bars are much more minimalist and are available in environmentally friendly paper packaging.
- More climate-friendly transportationLiquid shampoos have a high water content and are therefore heavier. Accordingly, CO2 emissions during transportation are also higher. Hair soaps, on the other hand, are compact and light.
Factors: How were the different hair soaps rated?
In order to determine my top recommendation and give you my honest, helpful assessment of the best hair soap, I have based this comparison primarily on the following evaluation criteria:
- IngredientsI made sure that the soaps contained ingredients that were as natural and skin-friendly as possible. Products with potentially harmful or controversial chemicals didn't even make it into the comparison.
- Reviews from other peopleSince I was not able to test all the soaps myself, the opinions (e.g. on effectiveness and satisfaction) of customers are also a valuable indicator for the comparison result. Accordingly, I preferred bar soaps with positive, authentic testimonials, especially in the pre-selection.
- Sustainability: I naturally paid a lot of attention to the ecological footprint of the products. Hair soaps that are organic, eco-certified, vegan and packaged plastic-free, among other things, had the best chances.
- Price-performanceOf course, it is not only the pure price, but also the quality, weight, durability and efficiency of a soap in relation to the cost that determines how good it is. This criterion should ensure that the purchase is really worthwhile.
Application: How to use solid hair soap correctly?
The practical application is - similar to the classic liquid shampoo - really simple. However, I have put together a few tips for first-time users that should definitely be taken to heart:
- Moisten the hair soap: First, simply take the bar of soap and moisten it with a little water from the shower spray or just your wet hands. Theoretically, you can also break the soap into small pieces so that you don't soak the entire soap every time.
- Lather up in your hands: Now simply rub the hair soap in your hands to create enough lather. You can also use a Soap bag made of cotton, as this produces a lot of foam even with low friction. A recommendable You can get organic soap bags here*.
- Massage into hair and rinse out: Now simply massage the lather into your scalp. After a short exposure time, you can then rinse it out thoroughly.
- Dry in a bowl: To ensure that your hair soap lasts as long as possible and your bathroom stays clean, it should dry quickly after use. You can, for example, hang it in the soap bag or place it on a Soap dish lay. A beautiful You can get an olive wood soap dish here*.
Hair types: Which hair soap is best for whom?
Basically, the rated, natural hair soaps are Suitable for all hair types. But hair is known to do what it wants - and can be extremely unruly.
To help you find the perfect natural soap for your individual hair, here are a few more Info and recommendationswhich should simplify your decision for one of the hair soaps examined:
- Dry hair: If your scalp and hair tend to be dry or straw-like, the first thing you should do is to use the solid moisturizing shampoo from SANTE* try it out. It has a high degree of superfatting and is specially designed to moisturize dry hair. Also the solid shampoo from FOAMIE* offers itself.
- Hair that greases quickly: Especially if your hair gets greasy quickly, the test winner, i.e. the solid shampoo from NICAMA*is the right choice. It has a low degree of excess fat. In addition, the rosemary oil it contains is particularly effective.
- Normal hair: Your hair can hardly be characterized and you would rather describe it as "normal"? Then, according to the manufacturer, the Meina Natural Cosmetics Organic Hair Soap* the right choice.
- Thick and curly hair: If you have a really curly head of hair or quite thick hair, the pH skin neutral is certainly the right choice, solid shampoo from Waschkram* the best alternative.
Bonus tip: What is the best way to transport solid bar soaps (when traveling)?
Apart from this hair soap comparison, I have an additional piece of advice for you from my own experience, which, at least for me, has made the all-encompassing use of solid hair soap!
Especially when traveling, I always had the problem that the Soap still moist and therefore could not be transported without a plastic bag. Then I simply such metal soap tins* which fits any soap without any problems and with which even moist soaps can be transported cleanly and waste-free in a suitcase or toiletry bag.
Related articles in the blog
Now you've got to know the best hair soaps for healthy hair. Finally, I would now like to give you some further contributions from the blog which go wonderfully with the theme of hair soap:
- Plastic-free bathroom - tips & tricks
- Curd soap applications at a glance
- Sustainable body care - here's how!
- Zero Waste tips for everyday life
Do you have any questions about the hair soaps described or your own recommendations? Then I look forward to your comment!
Tip: If you like, you can now take a look at another list of the best. In the linked article I have The best drinking bottles for on the go put together. Use them, for example, to avoid even more waste from plastic bottles.