Are you looking for inspiring Mobility Quotes - and a way of getting around that is as sustainable as possible? Then you've come to the right place! In the fight against the climate change a traffic turnaround is unavoidable. After all, airplanes, cars and other emission-intensive means of transport blow CO2 into the atmosphere and play a significant role in the man-made greenhouse effect.
In this post, I want to give you rousing sayings for the sustainable, soft mobility of the future with the hand.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about mobility have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Sayings And Quotes About Mobility
Nowadays, many people even get into their cars if they only want to travel 200 meters to the nearest bakery. It's time for a 180-degree turnaround - in the direction of truly sustainable mobility. Here, I'll now give you my favorite quotes about mobility along the way.
Tip: At Blog for sustainable mobility you can get not only the quotes, but also a lot of tips for an environmentally friendly way of transportation.
Mobility Quotes 1 - 10
- "Everyone wants to get back to nature. But no one on foot." (Werner Mitsch)
- "We can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently." (Aristotle)
- "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." (John F. Kennedy)
- "The quality of life rises where the legs are used a little more and the elbows a little less." (Erhard Eppler)
- "If you go your own way, there's no traffic." (Unknown)
- "The beaten path is the safest, but the traffic’s terrible." (Jeff Taylor)
- "The heavier the car, the easier it is to go green." (Unknown)
- "He who sows roads will reap traffic." (Daniel Goeudevert)
- "It's the same with people as it is with cars. Loads are hard to stop." (Heinz Erhardt)
- "Maximum life expectancy for a politician is to be aggressive in politics and defensive on the road." (Franz Josef Strauß)
Mobility Quotes 11 - 20
- "Mobility is one of the foundations of our prosperity." (Franz Müntefering)
- "Many would like to lead a simpler life if it wasn't so complicated to reach that state." (Justus Jonas)
- "Paths are made by walking them." (Erich Kästner)
- "Year by year, it takes less time to get across the ocean, but more time to get to the office." (Unknown)
- "Bicycle - environmentally friendly vehicle with health-promoting mechanics." (Manfred Hinrich)
- "The biggest threat on the road are cars that go faster than their driver can think." (Robert Lembke)
- "A pedestrian is a lucky motorist who found a parking space." (Joachim Fuchsberger)
- "Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride." (Eddy Merckx)
- "Mankind has gone too far to go back, and is moving too fast to stop." (Winston Churchill)
- "Movement is everything, direction is what matters." (Manfred Hinrich)
Mobility Quotes 21 - 30
- "Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity." (Charles Beresford)
- "Traffic light = Shy creature that turns red when you get close." (Unknown)
- "Detours increase local knowledge." (Vietnamese proverb)
- "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." (Rosa Luxemburg)
- "The automobile is to blame for immobility." (Dr. Fritz P. Rinnhofer)
- "Instead of always evolving the automobile, we should be looking at how we design mobility differently in the future." (Hans-Peter Dürr)
- "Road maps tell drivers everything they want to know, except how to fold them back up." (Unknown)
- "The German does not drive like other people. He drives to be right." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "Only the one who walks his own way can’t be overtaken." (Marlon Brando)
- "Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling." (Claude Pepper)
Mobility Quotes 31 - 39
- "I'd rather be first in traffic than last in traffic." (Klaus Klages)
- "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live." (Mark Twain)
- "Some of the most rewarding goals in life are achieved through detours." (Francis Paul Wilson)
- "It's the unknown waiting around the next corner that pushes my wheels forward." (Heinz Stucke)
- "There's nothing wrong with having gone in the wrong direction, you just need the courage to turn around!" (Unknown)
- "I thought of that while riding my bicycle." (Albert Einstein)
- "People need to know that in our cities, fewer automobiles means more quality of life, not less." (Johannes Rau)
- "Our heads are round so our thoughts can change direction." (Francis Picabia)
- "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." (Confucius)
Mobility Quotes - Use them for a more sustainable mobility
Our society has become more comfortable - this can be observed very well in the way we move around. On average, we Germans move only 700 meters a day!₁ That's scary, don't you think? After all, movement is environmentally friendly and, above all, healthy. So please use these quotes about mobility to create more awareness in our society to move more yourself.
Can you think of any other quotes about mobility or do you have any questions about this collection of sayings? Then feel free to write me a comment.
Stay sustainable on the road,
PS.: Feel free to look around further on the blog - for example, I've written you an article with the biggest advantages of cycling authored. Have fun!
₁ C. Schüren: So (un)sportlich sind die Deutschen (Stand: 11.06.2014), available at https://www.welt.de/sonderthemen/deutschland-bewegt-sich/article128922556/So-un-sportlich-sind-die-Deutschen.html. [04.06.2020].