Looking for inspirational curiosity quotes? Then you've come to the right place! In our society, being curious actually has a somewhat negative connotation. This is mainly because many people are often "too curious" about often trivial things that really don't concern them at all. But curiosity is actually something great per se. This characteristic actually stands for the fact that someone has a tremendous thirst for knowledge and fun in exploring, discovering, finding out and learning new things.
Here I would like to give you an inspiring collection of quotes with great sayings about curiosity. Feel free to use them as a constant source of inspiration!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about curiosity have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
41 Quotes About Being Curious And Thirst For Knowledge
Curiosity is an important characteristic of the greatest inventors and scientists of this time. At the same time, it is probably also the crucial ingredient for the solutions of the biggest environmental problems of our timethat it urgently needs. Being curious about the things that matter is the key to success. In the following, just let yourself be carried away by short and long quotes from famous people.
Curiosity Quotes 1 - 10
- "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." (Albert Einstein)
- "What is a scientist after all? It is a curious man looking through a keyhole, the keyhole of nature, trying to know what's going on." (Jacques-Yves Cousteau)
- "The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except what is worth knowing." (Oscar Wilde)
- "The most beautiful happiness of the thinking man is to have explored the explorable and to revere the inscrutable." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Curiosity in children is but an appetite for knowledge." (John Locke)
- "Curiosity is the key to problem solving." (Galileo Galilei)
- "The most beautiful monument a person can get is in the hearts of others." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Writing a first draft is like trying to build a house in a strong wind." (William Faulkner)
- "While we are examining into everything we sometimes find truth where we least expected it." (Quintilian)
- "When curiosity turns to serious things, it's called a thirst for knowledge." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Tip: Be sure to also check out the best Education Quotes on!
Curiosity Quotes 11 - 20
- "If you want a wise answer, ask a reasonable question." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Curiosity is a vulnerable little plant that needs not only stimulation, but above all freedom." (Albert Einstein)
- "Bolder than exploring the unknown might be doubting the known." (Alexander von Humboldt)
- "As long as you are curious, you defeat age." (Burt Lancaster)
- "To the truly curious, everything life has to offer opens up." (William Morris Davis)
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "Hunger for education and a Thirst for knowledge are not fattening." (Lothar Schmidt)
- "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- "You have to be able to wait. Curiosity is the death of joy." (Erich Kästner)
- "You must have learned a lot to be able to ask about what you don't know." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
Curiosity Quotes 21 - 30
- "Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." (Samuel Johnson)
- "Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe because it can overcome the two greatest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear." (Walter Moers)
- "A person who has not made mistakes has never tried anything new." (Albert Einstein)
- "The ability to discover, recognize and experience beauty is fed by the willingness to be open-minded." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "New people shouldn't pull out trees just to see if the roots are still on." (Henry Kissinger)
- "There is a kind of annoying curiosity from which one often has no other way to secure oneself than to feed it with untruth." (Wilhelm Martin Leberecht de Wette)
- "Is there anything more beautiful than the old age surrounded by the thirst for knowledge of youth?" (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- "Curiosity is only vanity. We usually only want to know something so that we can talk about it." (Blaise Pascal)
- "I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them. So much to do, so little done, such things to be." (Elizabeth Taylor)
- "Curiosity is the daughter of jealousy." (Molière)
Curiosity Quotes 31 - 41
- "Reading a book - for me this is the real exploration of universe." Marguerite Duras)
- "No one knows what he can do until he tries." (Publilius Syrus)
- "Enthusiasm can only arise from curiosity, and only those who are curious can learn." (Leonard Bernstein)
- "Love is three quarters curiosity." (Giacomo Casanova)
- "If you're not curious, you don't learn." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Isaac Newton)
- "Between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before." (Mae West)
- "The liberation of our curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life." (Linus Carl Pauling)
- "To discover magic, you need to want to see it not only in big things, but also in the smallest." (Francis Paul Wilson)
- "The prerequisite for knowledge is curiosity." (Jacques-Yves Cousteau)
- "The lucky ones are curious." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Can you think of any other sayings about curiosity and thirst for knowledge that shouldn't be missing here? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions about curiosity
What is meant by curiosity?
Curiosity is one of the most important characteristics of us humans. It describes the desire or the wish to learn something new about things we don't know yet. Curiosity can also be described as a thirst for knowledge.
Why is curiosity so important?
Curiosity is the driver of all innovations and the key to discovering the world. It is the ability and joy of solving problems, learning new things and also the basic prerequisite for human development.
Is curiosity good or bad?
Even if curiosity enjoys a rather strange reputation, in truth it is of course something good. It describes the desire for the new, the joy of solving problems - it is the driver of human evolution.
The "prying eyes of the neighbor" have always existed - after all, they can save lives in emergencies. But at the latest with social media, many people have developed an increased interest in the lives of people they have never met in person. This is another reason why the basic desire for news, for the next "gossip" has increased - and has scratched the image of curiosity.
But if we use curiosity wisely, it's not a nuisance or a bad thing - it's a wonderful tool for advancing ourselves and global society.
Curiosity Use quotes as a constant source of inspiration!
Never let your curiosity and desire to learn be taken away from you - and be sure to pass this wonderful quality on to your children and other people. Because there can be the enough exploring, discovering and knowledge thirsty individuals on this planet.
Finally, I would like to give you a few more articles that should stimulate your curiosity:
Do you have any questions or more exciting quotes about curiosity? Then, as always, feel free to write me a comment.
PS: Feel free to look around the quotes blog a bit more. Next, treat yourself to, for example, the most valuable Sayings about challenges. Have fun!