Are you looking for inspiring Sea Quotes and effective sayings about the ocean? Then you are absolutely right here. The oceans are the lungs of our planet - without them, we would not exist. Nevertheless, we humans practice an extreme overexploitation of them. The Overfishing of the seas and also the coral bleaching definitely belong to the biggest environmental problems of our time. Effective citations are something that can be used to raise awareness in our society about the threat to the oceans.
To motivate you to protect the oceans, here is a cornucopia of ocean quotes and sayings about the oceans. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about the ocean have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Best Quotes About Sea And Ocean
I'm a big fan of famous quotes - they clarify, clarify an opinion, and help carry others along. Here you'll find some inspiring examples that will add to the importance you attach to the sea.
Sea Quotes #1-10
- "Freedom is like the sea: the individual waves are not capable of much, but the power of the surf is irresistible." (Václav Havel)
- "If the oceans die, we die." (Paul Watson)
- "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- "Whales are the memory of the earth and guardians of time. When they no longer exist, man's days are numbered." (Proverb)
- "I love the sea like my soul, because the sea is my soul."(Heinrich Heine)
- "The Ocean is everything I want to be. Beautiful mysterious, wild and free." (Unknown)
- "What we know is a drop; what we don't know is an ocean." (Isaac Newton)
- "Time, ebb and flow do not wait for anyone." (Proverb)
- "Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man." (Stewart Udall)
- "Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away." (Sarah Kay)
Sea Quotes #11-20
- "Less plastic is more." (Unknown)
- "Home is where the waves crash, the air tastes of salt, and you want to anchor forever." (Unknown)
- "The beauty and mystery of the ocean, fills our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination." (M. L. Borges)
- "The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble." (Blaise Pascal)
- "The ocean is this beautiful, unexplored place. Why on Earth everyone isn't down there, I don't know." (Graham Hawkes)
- "If you want to hear the distant voice of the ocean put your ear to the lips of a seashell." (Curtis Tyrone Jones)
- "Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "The sea possesses a power over one's moods that has the effect of a will. The sea can hypnotize. Nature in general can do so." (Henrik Ibsen)
- "In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans; in one aspect of You are found all the aspects of existence." (Khalil Gibran)
- "Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea isn't a part." (Hermann Broch)
- "The ocean does not know complete tranquility - the same is true for the ocean of life." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Use The Sea Quotes To Protect The Oceans
The water in the oceans is getting warmer - this is mainly a result of the greenhouse gases that we humans blow into the atmosphere. Due to the man-made, global warming the oceans are under greater threat than ever before. This makes it all the more important that we work together to raise awareness of the importance of the oceans. I hope these quotes will help you do that.
Do you have questions or more ocean quotes that are missing in this collection? Then just write a comment with your hint.
PS: In addition to the oceans, the drinking water supply is also in great danger in many regions of the world. You can learn more about this in the article about Water shortage.