Looking for inspirational founder quotes? Then you've come to the right place! Every entrepreneur - whether they're in their infancy or have a few years under their belt - hits a rough patch at some point. And if that phase causes you to end your commitment to doing good in the world, that's a disaster.
For this reason, I would like to put together a collection of quotes for successful entrepreneurs and young founders that will keep your head up even in difficult situations. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes for founders have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
Inspirational Sayings and Quotes for Founders and Entrepreneurs
Especially in the early stages of your project, you will encounter many critics. Criticism is, of course, a great opportunity for improvement - but in the long run it can also cause you to lose faith in yourself and in what you're trying to do. I know this from my own experience as well. The following founder quotes have helped me never give up, and never will, on the fight against the Environmental problems of our time to dedicate.
Founder Quotes #1 - 10
- "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." (Mark Twain)
- „First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "An idea is just an idea. When and how you execute that idea is what will define the outcome." (Justin Mateen)
- "If we tried to think of a good idea, we wouldn’t have been able to think of a good idea. You just have to find the solution for a problem in your own life." (Brian Chesky)
- "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." (Jim Rohn)
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "Whether you think you can or you can't; you're going to be right either way." (Henry Ford)
- "If you only do things where you know the answer in advance, your company goes away." (Jeff Bezos)
- "Success is more permanent when you achieve it without destroying your principles." (Walter Cronkite)
- "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." (Henry Ford)
Founder Quotes #11 - 20
- "A problem is a chance for you to do your best." (Duke Ellington)
- "Entrepreneur is not a job title. It is a state of mind of people who want to alter the future." (Guy Kawasaki)
- "Everything great in the world happens only because someone does more than he has to." (Albert Einstein)
- "What is not started today is never finished tomorrow." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "If everyone thinks you have a good idea, you´re too late." (Paul Hawken)
- "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." (Stephen King)
- "The best revenge is massive success." (Frank Sinatra)
- "Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power." (William James)
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." (John D. Rockefeller)
- "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." (Bob Dylan)
Founder Quotes #21 - 30
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- „"A well thought out critique of whatever you're doing is as valuable as gold." (Elon Musk)
- "Every problem is an opportunity in disguise." (John Adams)
- "Don't listen to the advice from someone you're not willing to trade places with." (Unknown)
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." (Oliver Goldsmith)
- "Stumbling sometimes gets you forward; you just must not fall and stay down." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Success is a staircase, not a door." (Dottie Walters)
- "Only those who know their destination will find the way." (Laozi)
- "Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers." (Anthony Robbins)
- "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe." (Anatole France)
Tip: At motivational quotes I have compiled a whole list of other sayings for more drive.
Founder Quotes #31 - 40
- "The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going." (James Allen)
- "Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all." (Sean-Paul Thomas)
- "If you're not moving towards your dreams, only the mundane will come towards you." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- "If you want to be successful, you don't have to know things that nobody else knows. But you must believe in things that hardly anybody believes." (Unknown)
- "Great results require big ambitions." (Heraclitus)
- "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." (Mark Twain)
- "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." (Mark Twain)
- "There are more people who surrender than those who fail." (Henry Ford)
- "If the path before you is clear, you're probably on someone else's." (Joseph Campbell)
Founder Quotes #41 - 50
- "Never give up on what's important to you just because it's not easy." (Albert Einstein)
- "f you lose today, win tomorrow. In this never-ending spirit of challenge is found the heart of a victor." (Daisuka Ikeda)
- "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." (Jim Rohn)
- "Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?" (Mark Zuckerberg)
- "The real secret of success is enthusiasm." (Walt Disney)
- "It's not failure if you enjoy the process." (Oprah Winfrey)
- "Everything comes to those who hustle while they wait." (Thomas Alva Edison)
- "If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else." (Joseph Campbell)
- "The real secret of success is enthusiasm." (Walter Percy Chrysler)
- "Only the one who walks his own way can’t be overtaken." (Marlon Brando)
Frequently asked questions about founders & foundresses
What is meant by founder:inside?
A founder:in is a person who starts a new business. One often also speaks of "young founder:in" or Existenzgründer:innen to describe people who, for example, have founded a new StartUp to implement a novel idea.
How to become a founder or a founder?
Theoretically, anyone can start a business. First of all, it is important to find the right basic idea with which one wants to be economically successful. If necessary, there are also other people with whom one founds together.
As a rule, this is followed by the writing of a business plan and, if necessary, the corresponding financing of the project at the bank. Then, at the latest, the decision on the legal form of the company and the respective registration is made. Once the legal matters have been clarified, the practical phase begins.
Why should you start a business?
Anyone who is passionate about a particular idea should definitely start a business. For example, because one enjoys a free design freedom and the chances of a higher income, as well as time flexibility in everyday life. Besides, you can take responsibility, change something positive in the world and fulfill personal dreams. It is guaranteed that as a founder you will gain important experience that will benefit you for the rest of your life.
Founder Quotes and Entrepreneur Sayings for Good Use!
Make a quote or two for entrepreneurs your personal mission statement to to draw new energy from it again and again. Because perseverance is a quality that every successful founder needs. I hope that I was able to provide you with many inspiring quotes in this collection.
Do you have any questions or can you think of any other business sayings? Then just write me a comment.
PS.: In the Quotes blog I present you many more Sayings around sustainability and environmental protection before. Look gladly times purely!