Looking for inspirational sayings and quotes about experience, wisdom and eternal learning? Then you've come to the right place! In the course of our lives, we acquire subjective knowledge day by day - mostly free of charge, because it happens automatically through the sum of impressions we gather day by day. Our life experience, knowledge of the world and wisdom then grows together with our age - and usually makes us more and more relaxed, self-confident and patient. When do you stop learning? Never. Because we make instructive experiences until the end of our lives.
In this article, I would now like to share with you the most valuable experience quotes and sayings about lifelong learning for personal inspiration. Let's go
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about experiences have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
50 Inspirational Quotes About Life Experience
The more you venture out of your comfort zone, the more you experience and learn. Expanding one's wealth of experience requires curiosity, a desire for the new, and the courage to take a risk now and then. Experiences are not always positive - but ultimately you learn from both positive and negative experiences and moments. The only important thing is not to make the same mistake a second time.
As promised, I now present you with some inspirational quotes that should clarify for you the value of instructive experiences on the path to wisdom.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Experience Quotes 1 - 10
- "Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." (Aldous Huxley)
- "All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes." (Winston Churchill)
- "Every obligation, even the sweetest, oppresses youth. Only the experience of life brings us to the realization that yoke and work are necessary." (Honore de Balzac)
- "Experience is not inherited, everyone has to do it alone." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Learning is like rowing against the stream. As soon as you stop, you drift back." (Benjamin Britten)
- "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." (Oscar Wilde)
- "People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." (C.S. Lewis)
- "You can't get the experience soon enough, how expendable you are in the world." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Tip: Further, rousing Goethe Quotes can be found in the linked collection of quotes.
Experience Quotes 11 - 20
- "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- "We believe to make experiences,but the experiences make us." (Eugène Ionesco)
- "Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience." (Albert Einstein)
- "The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark." (Thomas Paine)
- "Experience remains life's master." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "As soon as the harvest of an experience is happily reaped, the acre is plowed up by fate." (Johann Nestroy)
- "Those who are worth something, experience and misfortune make them better." (Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi)
- "You can only understand life backwards. You can only live it forwards. (Søren Kierkegaard)
- "Experience means nothing. You can do the same thing at thirty-five and still do it bad." (Kurt Tucholsky)
- "The fool thinks he is wise, but the wise man knows he is a fool." (William Shakespeare)
Experience Quotes 21 - 30
- "The wealth of foreign experience acquired from books is called erudition. One's own experience is wisdom." (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- "Experience improves our insight without changing our perception." (Alfred Polgar)
- "There is no end to learning." (Robert Schumann)
- "Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "To know oneself is the beginning of all wisdom." (Aristotle)
- "Experience increases our wisdom but doesn't reduce our follies." (Josh Billings)
- "Is there anyone who is so wise that he learns from the experiences of others?" (Voltaire)
- "Experience is the teacher of all things." (Julius Caesar)
- "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can replace experience." (Paulo Coelho)
- "At the crossroads of life there are no signposts." (Charlie Chaplin)
Tip: The last quote Charlie Chaplin clarifies, why we humans often find change so difficult. It is the path into the unknown that seems difficult to us. In the linked article, you can find out what other reasons lead to this and how you can specifically counteract it.
Experience Quotes 31 - 40
- "Truly, no one is wise, who does not know the darkness." (Hermann Hesse)
- "Have you never noticed that a single experience of our own teaches us to use a lot of foreign ones?" (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
- "You have to go through bad experiences, not around them." (Liza Minnelli)
- "There is no shame in not knowing something. The shame is in not being willing to learn." (Alison Croggon)
- "Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." (Confucius)
- "Experience is an expensive teacher, but it teaches better than any other teacher." (Thomas Carlyle)
- "I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become." (Carl Gustav Jung)
- "Experience is an understood perception." (Immanuel Kant)
Experience Quotes 41 - 50
- "Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions." (Rita Mae Brown)
- "Knowledge, learning, is an eternal thing." (Gordon B. Hinckley)
- "Experience takes dreadfully high school-wages, but he teaches like no other." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." (Socrates)
- "We choose our joys and sorrows long before we live through them." (Khalil Gibran)
- "Human life is a constant school." (Gottfried Keller)
- "Every new experience brings its own maturity and a greater clarity of vision." (Indira Gandhi)
- "Two things control men's nature, instinct and experience." (Blaise Pascal)
- "You stay young as long as you can learn, acquire new habits, and suffer contradictions." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "You must have learned a lot to be able to ask about what you don't know." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
Can you think of any other sayings about life experience and learning forever that are missing from this collection? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Use quotes about life experience as a constant source of inspiration!
Without consciously making new experiences, one cannot develop personally. That's why it's important to allow new situations and experiences and also to demand them quite deliberately, even if they are often made rather accidentally. By finding out new things, we learn - from a child's grip on a freshly painted park bench, to a tutorial on how to sow a garden lawn. When we are active and interested, we have new experiences every day - thousands of times over!
I hope you like this collection of quotes. Do you have any questions? What other quotes about life experience can you think of? I look forward to your comments!
PS.: I have for example the Experienced what it's like to adopt a dog from animal welfare. In the linked article you will now learn how exactly this works, why it makes sense and what you have to pay attention to.