Looking for inspirational role model quotes? Then you've come to the right place. If we want to change the world in a positive way, we have to set a good example. Towards our own children and grandchildren, but also towards all other people in our global society.
In this collection of quotes, I would therefore like to compile the most valuable sayings about role models and the good example for you. Have fun!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about role models have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Quotes About Role Models
People look up to each other and imitate things they have seen in others. So if you want the world to be a little bit better every day, the things you do should be, for example, merciful, forward-looking, fair, helping, or loving. Your actions should be in line with human values. Here, as promised, are some role model quotes and sayings about exemplary behavior that have particularly inspired me.
Model Quotes #1-10
- "The good example is not one way to influence other people, it is the only one." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Education consists of two things: example and love." (Friedrich Froebel)
- "He who wants good, let him first be good." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Educate yourself, and then affect others by being who you are!" (Wilhelm von Humboldt)
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." (Confucius)
- "There is no other sensible education than to be a role model, if there is no other way, a deterrent." (Albert Einstein)
- "He who mocks or lies in the presence of children commits a death worthy crime." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "To be a role model means first and foremost to be able to pre-suffer." (Hans Kudszus)
- "I have learned you are never too small to make a difference." (Greta Thunberg)
Role Model Quotes #11-20
- "A great pattern arouses emulation and gives higher laws to judgment." (Friedrich von Schiller)
- "You need multiple role models to avoid becoming a parody of one." (Erich Kästner)
- "Criticism is good, example is better." (Lothar Schmidt)
- "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Don't find fault, find a remedy." (Henry Ford)
- "Only the living example educates, passing simultaneously from age to youth, from youth to age." (Achim von Arnim)
- "Set a pattern and example for yourself, and live by it, both when you are alone and when you are among people." (Epictetus)
- "He does not preach what he practices till he has practiced what he preaches." (Confucius)
- "Leading by example works better than a regulation." (Hans-Jürgen Quadbeck-Seeger)
- "It is impossible to overtake someone if you step into his footprints." (Francois Truffaut)
Tip: At Sustainability and Environmental Protection QuotesI have compiled a detailed collection and overview of the most inspiring sayings for me personally.
Model Quotes #21 - 31
- "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." (Charles Caleb Colton)
- "A good example and role model without a word is stronger than the most beautiful and eloquent words without the same." (Christian Heinrich Zeller)
- "I never lose. I either win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Children need role models more than they need critics." (Joseph Joubert)
- "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
- "If we are to reach real peace in the world, we shall have to begin with the children." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Let the youth go their own way, but a few signposts won't hurt." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "The precept may show us the way, but the silent, continuing example moves us forward." (Samuel Smiles)
- "Sometimes just taking the plunge is enough to set an example for others." (Unknown)
- "The greatest people are those who are able to give hope." (Jean Jaurès)
- "Ideals are like stars. You can't reach them, but you can orientate yourself to them." (Carl Schurz)
Tip: Also under Do-gooder Quotes you will find more inspiration around the topic of being a good example.
Use The Sayings And Quotes About Role Models For Positive Change
Each of us is a role model for others - either a good or a bad one. If you want to eliminate injustices and grievances in our society and spare your own children unnecessary worries, you should always choose the side of good. I hope that I was able to give you an additional source of inspiration with these role model quotes.
Do you have any questions or can you think of other sayings about the good example? Then just write me a comment.
Stay a role model,
PS.: In the CareElite Blog you'll find hundreds of articles about exemplary behavior in environmental protection and sustainability. For example, learn how you can Avoid plastic waste in everyday life can. Good luck!