Looking for effective respect quotes and sayings about appreciation, admiration or recognition? Then you are absolutely right here! In the best case, we are already taught by our parents what respect for people, animals or our environment means. But many people have never had this respect - or have lost it in their personal development for various reasons. But everything innocent deserves to be respected.
In this article, therefore, I would like to give you the most valuable quotes and sayings about respect to inspire yourself and, of course, others.
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about respect have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Respect Quotes And Sayings About Appreciation
Respect is generally defined as a "regard based on appreciation, admiration". For example, you can show respect to another human being, to an animal, or to a centuries-old tree. The important thing to understand is that you should treat others as respectfully as you would like to be treated. As promised, below you will find some rousing quotes about respect. Enjoy!
Respect Quotes 1 - 10
- "Friendship flows from many sources, but purest out of respect." (Daniel Defoe)
- "A truly great man will neither trample on a worm nor sneak to an emperor." (Benjamin Franklin)
- "You have to take people as they are because there are no others." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "Respect is for thinkers whose minds have yet to learn to walk." (Peter Rudl)
- "Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves." (Ambrose Bierce)
- "Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "It is much more valuable to always have people's respect than to occasionally have their admiration." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "All the happiness of man consists in enjoying respect from others." (Blaise Pascal)
- "The respect of those you respect yourself is worth more than the applause of the crowd." (Claudia Diekamp)
- "Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Respect Quotes 11 - 20
- "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect." (Bruce Lee)
- "Disrespect is one of the little man's means of self-assertion." (Rupert Schützbach)
- "Respect is automatically shown to those you adore without any limits." (Erhard Blanck)
- "You have to seek approval for your work, but never applause." (Charles-Louis de Montesquieu)
- "The people you never disagree with are either the ones you love the most or the ones you respect the least." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Respect is something you have to earn. You can't demand it just because you have a few more years under your belt." (Peter Tremayne)
- "Animal protection is education to humanity." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Envy is the sincerest form of recognition." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "To be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Good sense and genius beget esteem and regard: Wit and humour excite love and affection." (David Hume)
Respect Quotes 21 - 30
- "To witness respect these days is almost as hard as to earn respect." (Joseph Joubert)
- "No animal deserves having its name misused to insult a human being with it." (Ernst R. Hauschka)
- "There are man whose unique touch forever leaves the sting in us to remain worthy of their respect and friendship." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "Recognition is a plant that mainly grows on graves." (Robert Lembke)
- "I guess somehow anyone who has the ambition to create and not break something deserves respect." (Kurt Cobain)
- "It is cheaper to protect the planet now than to fix it later." (José Manuel Barroso)
- "Nothing makes us more cowardly and unconscionable than the desire to be loved by everyone." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Any foolish boy can stamp on a beetle, but all the professors in the world cannot make a beetle." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "You shouldn't maintain respect for the law, you should maintain respect for justice." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "I believe a man wants the same thing from a woman that a woman wants from a man: respect." (Clint Eastwood)
Can you think of any other respect quotes? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
What is meant by respect?
Basically, respect is the recognition and appreciation of another living being. For example, one can respect someone's privacy or even their courage or environmentally friendly behavior. Respectful interaction is the fundamental basis for factual and solution-oriented discussions.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Respect, however, can also be shown to a person who is in a (perceived) superior position and whom you do not want to upset or disappoint.
How do you behave respectfully?
For example, someone who is polite, helpful, tolerant and compassionate acts respectfully. People with respect let other people finish what they have to say, listen carefully and are therefore better able to empathize with others. Respect can, of course, also be shown towards animals, plants - and also towards another person's possessions.
How does respect come about?
One is neither respected nor does one give respect to others when it is clumsily demanded. Rather, respect arises when one recognizes and feels as a counterpart that it is appropriate.
Using Quotes About Appreciation and Recognition in Everyday Life
Respect for others is the key to humanity. It is the hope for a peaceful coexistence of all living beings on this earth. For me, it is also the reason for this, why i live vegan. Because by not eating animals, I respect both the lives of animals, the lives of all people, the environment in which I live and the health of myself and all the people I love.
Whatever brought you to this article, I hope I was able to help you. Here are some more articles for more respect:
Do you have any questions, suggestions or more powerful quotes about respect? As always, feel free to drop me a comment.