Looking for inspirational challenge quotes and sayings about mastering new hurdles and tasks? Then you've come to the right place! Whether we live more sustainably or stop smoking In our lives, we basically encounter smaller or larger challenges and difficulties every day that we have to overcome. Every now and then, we fail in the process and yet learn a lot. Our experiences ensure that we are basically able to overcome any obstacle.
In this article, I want to give you a list of the most inspiring quotes, wisdom and sayings about new challenges. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about challenges have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
53 quotes about challenges, difficulties & new tasks
How great is the feeling of achieving your goals? And how wonderful is it to face even greater challenges afterwards? Every experience we gain in the process makes us stronger. Sometimes all it takes is a few quotes from famous and successful people to remind you.
Challenge Quotes 1 - 10
- "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." (Henry Ford)
- "There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man." (Sean Connery)
- "New challenges are wonderful opportunities to learn new things about yourself." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "It's not the problem that causes the trouble, it's the way we look at it." (Viktor E. Frankl)
- "To overcome obstacles is the full enjoyment of existence." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Once you have become a master in one thing, you should become a student in a new one." (Gerhart Hauptmann)
- "One should seldom despair of impossible things, but never of difficult ones." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Every new challenge is a gateway to new experiences." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "Obstacles and difficulties are steps on which we climb up to the heights." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Tip: I have also given you a List of the best sayings about courage that you can also use.
Challenge Quotes 11 - 20
- "Life is a constant risk, and anyone who forget this will be unprepared for the challenges that fate may have in store." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Well-being wearies the mind; difficulties educate and strengthen it." (Francesco Petrarch)
- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." (Albert Einstein)
- "You need to see a task in front of you, not a leisurely life." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "Any difficult situation you overcome now will be saved for you in the future." (Dalai Lama)
- "Nobody knows what they can do until they try." (Publilius Syrus)
- "Difficulties break some men but make others." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before." (Mae West)
- "If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else." (Joseph Campbell)
- "Difficulties, complications and problems are no obstacles. They are challenges!" (Anna Elisabeth Laufs)
Challenge Quotes 21 - 30
- "You can build something beautiful from stones that are put in your way." (Erich Kästner)
- "Man grows with his tasks, but sometimes they grow faster than he does." (Ernst Reinhardt)
- "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." (Aristotle)
- "To master a challenge is one thing, challenging a master the other." (Steffen Seipp)
- "A defeat borne with pride is also a victory." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Anyone who feels too big to fulfill small tasks is too small to be entrusted with big tasks." (Jacques Tati)
- "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." (Michelangelo)
- "The difficulties increase the closer you get to the goal."(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "The only thing we have to lose by being up for challenges is our fear!" (David Tatuljan)
- "Sometimes unpleasant things have to happen first, to remind us, that it's time to make a change." (Unknown)
Challenge Quotes 31 - 40
- "Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical." (Howard Schultz)
- "The most beautiful thing a fairy can put in a child's cradle are difficulties it has to overcome." (Alfred Adler)
- "We love new challenges - especially when we couldn't meet the old ones." (Ernst Reinhardt)
- "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." (Albert Einstein)
- "Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward." (Napoleon Hill)
- "Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength." (Dalai Lama)
- "Once you have found yourself, there is nothing in this world to lose." (Stefan Zweig)
- "As long as a man imagines that he cannot do something, it is impossible for him to do it." (Baruch de Spinoza)
- "Expect examinations until the very end." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "If thou art a man, admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail." (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
Challenge Quotes 41 - 53
- "The happiness of life is not to have few or no difficulties, but to overcome them all victoriously and gloriously." (Carl Hilty)
- "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." (C.S. Lewis)
- "Challenges are like opponents in the ring. You never turn your back on them!" (Wladimir Klitschko)
- "Those who achieve all their goals have set them too low." (Herbert von Karajan)
- "Don't spend the time looking for an obstacle, maybe there isn't one." (Franz Kafka)
- "The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity." (Winston Churchill)
- "Wherever we face the challenges of our time with mind and heart, we will find the strength we need." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." (Confucius)
- "Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." (Leonardo da Vinci)
- "No one knows how far his powers will go until he tries them." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Experience takes dreadfully high school-wages, but he teaches like no other." (Thomas Carlyle)
- „If I can't handle challenges, I let them come to me." (Henry Ford)
- "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity." (Albert Einstein)
Can you think of any other sayings about challenges, difficulties and new tasks that absolutely must not be missing here? Then always come up with your suggestions in the comments!
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Common questions about challenges
What is meant by a challenge?
A challenge is understood to be a difficult, demanding task whose fulfillment requires a special performance that goes beyond the ordinary.
Why should problems be considered challenges?
The word "problem" has a negative connotation and initially offers no causal link to the solution. However, calling a problem a "challenge" suggests that you want to solve it. It overcomes a psychological hurdle and is the first step towards solving the problem.
Why accept challenges?
Challenges make life more exciting and offer a special stimulus in the struggle against the mundane - even if they naturally involve an increased possibility of failure. But one should always accept challenges, since they drive us humans to peak performance - and since overcoming them promotes our individual further development, making us more self-confident and stable for future tasks.
Use the quotes about challenges and new tasks for your constant inspiration!
There's no such thing as can't! You don't make mistakes, you just learn something that didn't work. And for that, it's worth taking risks sometimes. I hope that these quotes have given you an extra boost of motivation for future challenges in hard times.
Finally, I would like to give you here some further articles that fit the theme of challenges and could promote your personal development:
- Founding sustainably - this is how it works
- Plogging - jogging and collecting garbage
- Living vegan - how it works
Do you have any questions or more sayings about mastering difficulties? Then just write me a comment.