Looking for inspirational ignorance quotes? Then you are absolutely right here! Stupidity and ignorance impede a sustainable change in our society. When people ignore the truth or simply do not (want to) know it, this is a problem for positive change in our society, because people prefer to leave everything as it is - and with it the problems. But this dangerous ignorance can be a threat to nature, animals and last but not least to us humans ourselves.
Here I would like to give you an inspiring collection of quotes about ignorance and stupidity. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about ignorance have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
40 Quotes About Ignorance, Stupidity And Ignorance
Uninformedness and disinformation are heavy stones that people who really want to make a difference in the world first have to roll aside. Everyone wants to lie on trash-free beaches, breathe clean air and protect the rainforests - and everyone is against Cruelty to animals! But most people contribute through their everyday behavior to the fact that problems such as climate change, plastic waste in the oceans, air pollution or animal suffering exist at all and even continue to worsen. Values and actions simply do not fit together - which is often skillfully ignored.
Use the following quotes to inspire yourself and others in the fight against ignorance - for example, to create a better world.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Ignorance Quotes 1 - 10
- "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." (Aldous Huxley)
- "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Whoever has made a mistake and does not correct it, commits a second one." (Confucius)
- "Truth is indivisible. Only the minds into which it doesn't enter can be divided." (Peter Bamm)
- "All the mischief that happens is not only the fault of those who do it, but also of those who do not prevent it." (Erich Kästner)
- "Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil." (Plato)
- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." (Albert Einstein)
- "No one is further from the truth than the one who knows all the answers." (Zhuangzi)
- "The only way to avoid error is ignorance." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it." (Karl Popper)
Tip: You want to know why many People find changes in life so difficult? I have dealt with this in detail in the linked blog post.
Ignorance Quotes 11 - 20
- "A passionate smoker who reads again and again about the importance of the dangers of smoking for his health, in most cases stops - reading." (Winston Churchill)
- "Ignorance is the cause of fear." (Seneca)
- ""The worst kind of arrogance is arrogance from ignorance." (Jim Rohn)
- "In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself." (Albert Einstein)
- "What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Stupidity is also a natural talent." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Those who know nothing must believe everything." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace." (Dalai Lama)
- "When ill-will has to stop denying other people's merit, it starts ignoring it." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Tip: Loving animals but eating them anywayis certainly a prime example of ignorance. Under vegan live you learn how you get rid of this inner contradiction.
Ignorance Quotes 21 - 30
- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
- "Food comes first and then morality." (Bertolt Brecht)
- "There are two equally dangerous extremes-to shut reason out, and to let nothing else in." (Blaise Pascal)
- "The dumb person's limbs go up in horror at every meaningful word." (Heraclitus)
- "You don't become ignorant, you stay ignorant." (Esther Vilar)
- "Arrogance grows best on the dunghill of ignorance." (Walter Ludin)
- "The ignorant has courage, the knowledgeable has fear." (Alberto Moravia)
- "Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever." (Aristophanés)
- "The purest form of insanity is to leave everything the same and the same time hope that things will change." (Albert Einstein)
- "A person hears only what they understand." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Ignorance Quotes 31 - 40
- "If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." (Anatole France)
- "I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." (Socrates)
- "Ignorance is like a delicate fruit; touch it, and the bloom is gone." (Oscar Wilde)
- "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." (Albert Einstein)
- "Even the boards that some people wear in front of their heads can mean the world." (Werner Finck)
- "Of all the frictional resistances, the one that most retards human movement is ignorance." (Nikola Tesla)
- "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." (Mark Twain)
- "Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." (William Shakespeare)
- "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." (Confucius)
- "Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know." (Aldous Huxley)
Can you think of any other sayings about ignorance? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Using the best quotes about Ignorance and Ignorance as personal inspiration!
Many people live only for themselves - and ignore the consequences of their behavior. This "Head in the sand" mentality is the reason why humanity's problems continue to grow in both number and urgency of solution. Consistent problem solvers, on the other hand, open their eyes and ears to make a real difference - for the lives of others, but also for their own lives. Because Interest, openness, appreciation and attention are the things that ultimately also promote one's own level of knowledge.
I really hope that I could help you with this collection of sayings about ignorance. Do you have questions, tips or more ignorance quotes ready? Then just write me a short comment.