Looking for inspirational and stirring quotes about friendship? Then you've come to the right place! If you want to make the world a better place, you need good friends. Because friendships are the supporting pillars in our lives - they give us courage and hope - and catch us in difficult moments. The cohesion among each other also ensures that the positive change is maintained in the long term.
In this article I would like to share with you my favorite short quotes, words of wisdom and sayings about friendship and all its values as a source of inspiration. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about friendship have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Cohesion Quotes And Sayings About Friendship
I used to believe that you can not change anything alone. But also only because I have never thought the sentence further. Because you are never completely alone if you want to change something positive in this world and eliminate injustice. Human values like Friendship, cohesion, solidarity, community and connectedness play a decisive role in this.
Use the following friendship quotes and sayings about cohesion to help you realize the power of solidarity and community.
Friendship Quotes 1 - 10
- "In the end it is always our connections with people that make our lives worth living." (Wilhelm von Humboldt)
- "Finding people who feel for and with us is probably the greatest happiness on earth." (Carl Spitteler)
- "There are man whose unique touch forever leaves the sting in us to remain worthy of their respect and friendship." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "For the world you are someone, but for someone you are the world." (Erich Fried)
- "True friendship is a plant of slow growth." (George Washington)
- "Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Unifying means learning to share." (Richard von Weizsäcker)
- "You and I - we are one. I cannot hurt you without hurting myself." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." (Aristotle)
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." (Elbert Hubbard)
Friendship Quotes 11 - 20
- "A true friend is discerned during an uncertain matter." (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- "Animals are the best friends. They do not ask questions and do not criticize you." (Mark Twain)
- "Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other's little failings." (Jean de La Bruyère)
- "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." (Martin Luther King)
- "Words only connect where our wavelengths have long since coincided." (Max Frisch)
- "A friend is someone you share the path with." (African Wisdom)
- "Without the individual's commitment to the society any community will be overwhelmed in the long run." (Roman Herzog)
- "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance!" (Nicolas Chamfort)
- "Coming together is a beginning. Staying together is progress. Working together is success." (Henry Ford)
- "One true friend adds more to our happiness than a thousand enemies add to our unhappiness." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Tip: I have also given you a separate collection of the best Humanity Quotes compiled. Look gladly times purely!
Friendship Quotes 21 - 30
- "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." (George Washington)
- "What you love, set free. If it comes back, it's yours - forever." (Confucius)
- "We are with books as we are with people. We make many acquaintances, but only a few we choose as our friends." (Ludwig Feuerbach)
- "There are very few honest friends—the demand is not particularly great." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "A little friendship is worth more than the admiration of the whole world." (Otto von Bismarck)
- "What one cannot do alone, many can do together." (Friedrich Wilhelm Raiffeisen)
- "Friendship flows from many sources, but purest out of respect." (Daniel Defoe)
- "Our external destinies interest people; our internal destinies only interest our friend." (Heinrich von Kleist)
- "Friendship is like Money; easier made than kept." (Samuel Butler)
- "Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than those who are most content." (Bob Dylan)
Book Tip: If you want to know more about true friendship and maybe even rekindle old friendships, I can highly recommend "The Little Book of Friendship" by Simon Ternyik* recommend
Friendship Quotes 31 - 40
- "A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love." (Max Muller)
- "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give, which is everything." (Katharine Hepburn)
- "They are rich who have true friends." (Thomas Fuller)
- "Even the weak become strong when they are united." (Friedrich Schiller)
- "Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness." (Dag Hammarskjöld)
- "The pain is entrusted only to the friend; the happiness is shared with everyone." (Otto Ludwig)
- "It is difficult to achieve a spirit of genuine cooperation as long as people remain indifferent to the feelings and happiness of others." (Dalai Lama)
- "Friendship: something like love with sense." (Sabine Sauer)
- "Real friends show up when you're involved in a scandal." (Elizabeth Taylor)
- "The maturity of a community is reflected in how it copes with missteps within its own ranks." (Gottfried Edel)
Tip: Value doing good definitely wins friends! For a little inspiration feel free to check out the article about the good deeds in everyday life over.
Friendship Quotes 41 - 54
- "Happiness is love, nothing else. A man who is capable of love is happy."(Hermann Hesse)
- "If you are among the happiest 1 percent of humanity, then it is your obligation to think of the other 99 percent of humanity as well." (Warren Buffett)
- "Especially in times of global upheaval, it's important to know what connects us to each other." (Roman Herzog)
- "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." (Mark Twain)
- "Friendship based solely upon gratitude is like a photograph; with time it fades." (Carmen Sylva)
- "Friendship is an art of distance, just as love is an art of intimacy." (Sigmund Graff)
- "Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief." (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- "Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Community spirit is seeing with another's eyes, hearing with another's ears, feeling with another's heart." (Alfred Adler)
- "If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." (Henry Ford)
- "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." (Aristotle)
- "Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Friendship is not only a delicious gift, but also a permanent task." (Ernst Zacharias)
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Can you think of any other Cohesion quotes and sayings about Solidarity and Friendship? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about friendship and cohesion
What does friendship mean?
Friendship is the mutual affection and connection based on mutual trust between two people or several people.
How do you recognize a true friend?
True friends are always there for you, sense directly when you are not feeling well and help you. They accept you as you are - with all your quirks, corners and edges.
They also stick up for you in front of others, plan time together with you, support you in the things you set out to do, and are honestly happy with you when you achieve your goals in life.
Why is cohesion so important?
Cohesion is of great importance for your well-being in a social group. People who support each other increase their life satisfaction and protect each other from inequality, exclusion and poverty in the future.
Friendship Quotes And Sayings About Cohesion Use In Everyday Life
Of course, there are also fake friends who take advantage of you, don't believe in you and aren't there for you when you need them. Therefore, surround yourself with real friends who support you at all times and give you support even in bad times. And be a real friend yourself.
Remember those friendship books from back in your youth? In fact, even in adulthood, such friendship books provide a real, deep bond with other people. If you like, you can get this friends book to fill in* get and see for yourself.
Either way, cohesion among ourselves drives us forward together and changes the world for the better. Individual pioneers are needed - but we are only strong in the community. Be it in the Fight against racismagainst misogyny, against homophobia, or against Speciesism.
Can you think of any other inspirational friendship quotes and sayings about cohesion and solidarity? Then feel free to write me a comment below this post.
Keep it friendly,
PS: Want to know more about your friends and have deeper conversations? Then put these questions to get to knowthat make every conversation more exciting!