Looking for the best water bottle for on the go? Then you've come to the right place! Whether in the office, during sports or hiking - reusable bottles made of stainless steel or glass are extremely popular for good reason. They are an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottles, can be used for an extremely long time and are also nice to look at. However, the market for drinking bottles is - admittedly - now relatively confusing because there are simply so many offers where Greenwashing is not a rarity.
That's why I've researched, evaluated and finally compiled the best medium-sized water bottles to take with you. However, they are all also available in the large 1-liter version. If you like, you can also order the bottles directly by clicking on the respective link. Have fun!
Overview: These are the best drinking bottles in comparison
|Drinking bottle||Pkt.||Price||Available here*|
|1. stainless steel drinking bottle from samebutgreen||9,4||ca. 18€||Buy at Avocadostore|
|2. glass bottle from soulbottles||9,3||ca. 28€||Buy from Soulbottles|
|3. glass water bottle from waterdrop||9,2||ca. 28€||Buy from Amazon|
|4. Stainless steel drinking bottle from FLSK||9,0||about 38€||Buy from Amazon|
|5. stainless steel drinking bottle from log cabin||8,9||about 30€||Buy from Amazon|
Important: If I could help you in your search for the best water bottle, I am of course very happy about a link to this elaborately compiled water bottle comparison on the net. Thank you very much for your support!
Drinking bottle comparison: Here are the best reusable drinking bottles for on the go in detail.
1. stainless steel drinking bottle from samebutgreen
The minimalist stainless steel drinking bottle with bamboo lid is extremely stable and available in two different sizes. It is also my personal everyday companion and has already been on many trips.
2. glass bottle from soulbottles
The Soulbottle is made mostly of recycled glass and has a practical swing stopper. It is available in countless designs, two different sizes and even as a stainless steel version. I also have this bottle myself and can also recommend it to you.
3. glass water bottle from waterdrop
The glass bottles from waterdrop are the ideal companion for everyday life and due to the included protective cover even more extremely durable. They are also available in many different sizes and designs.
4. stainless steel drinking bottle from FLSK
The sturdy stainless steel thermos bottle from FLSK is comparatively light and available in many different colors. My wife and I have been using it for many years on longer car trips.
5. stainless steel drinking bottle from log cabin
This stainless steel water bottle delivers a powerful combination of quality, functionality and sustainability. It also comes with an included bamboo wood bottle brush with natural bristles.
Advantages: Why should you prefer a water bottle for on the go?
Maybe you're still unsure because you don't know the reasons why you should use a reusable glass or stainless steel water bottle from now on.
Here I would like to you therefore now once again the main advantages of drinking bottles:
- Environmentally friendly: The preference for a durable, reusable drinking bottle saves countless disposable plastic bottles, counteracts the Plastic waste in the environment against and thus also saves many animal lives.
- More favorable in the long termEven if the initial investment in a high-quality water bottle is higher, you save a lot of money in the long run because you don't have to keep buying new disposable bottles. In addition, experience shows that you automatically drink the much cheaper tap water more often. This way Save money sustainably.
- Temperature maintenanceSince reusable bottles are often thermally insulated, drinks can be kept cold or warm in them for longer.
- Odorless and tasteless: The above-mentioned drinking bottles are made of stainless steel or glass and do not affect the taste of water - quite unlike plastic bottles.
- Healthy alternative: Many reusable water bottles are made of solid stainless steel or glass and are free of chemicals like BPA found in many plastic bottles. In addition, no microplastic components come off either. Those who always have the bottle with them also (almost) automatically consume more liquid.
- IndividualityThe selection of different designs, colors and sizes of bottles is extremely large. So everyone can find the bottle that best suits their own personal desires and ideas.
Factors: How were the different on-the-go bottles rated?
To determine my recommendations and give you my honest, helpful assessment of the best water bottles, this comparison was based primarily on the following evaluation criteria:
- Quality: I made a point of ensuring that the bottles were sturdy, leak-proof, healthy, durable, and suitable for carbonated beverages. Products with potentially short lifespans or hazardous materials didn't even make it into this comparison.
- Reviews from other peopleSince I was only able to test some of the water bottles myself, the opinions of other customers are a valuable indicator for the evaluation and the final test winner.
- SustainabilityOf course, I also had a close, scrutinizing look at the ecological footprint of the individual bottles. Stably processed and plastic-free shipping drinking bottles made of durable materials, whose sales support social projects, among other things, naturally had the greatest chances.
- Price-performance: This is mainly about a fair relationship between the cost of a drinking bottle and its quality, filling volume and scope of delivery.
Tips: How can I make the most of the stainless steel or glass water bottle?
Basically, the use and application of the tested and described, best drinking bottles is self-explanatory. But there are definitely some Tips and tricks you should take to heartso that the bottle also remains in your possession maximum sustainable.
To do this, pay particular attention to the following things:
- Clean regularly: To ensure that it is really long-lasting, you should take care of your bottle and treat it gently. This includes regular cleaning with a bottle brush. This flexible bottle brush from Soulbottles*. I can warmly recommend from my own experience.
- Replenish again and again: Don't forget to refill your bottle with tap water before leaving your home. You can also refill it at many restaurants or other establishments while you are on the road.
- Attach to the backpack: Most of the water bottles in this comparison have a handle or a strap. This allows you to attach them to your backpack when you're on the go, for example, leaving more storage space for other things.
- Versatile use: The water bottle can become a faithful companion of your everyday life. Take it, for example, to the office, on the bike or to the fitness, hiking, camping and on the Zero Waste Festival.
- Use as a substitute for plastic bottles: Just consider the reusable bottle as a green alternative to avoid endless plastic bottles. This also always motivates you to use them.
Related articles in the blog
Today you've learned about the best water bottles as an eco-friendly alternative to the conventional plastic bottle. Finally, I would now like to give you some further contributions from the blog to heart, which fit wonderfully to the drinking bottles:
- Tap water advantages - Why drink water from the tap?
- Zero Waste Journey - It's that easy!
- How plastic gets into the food chain
- Adding flavor to tap water - This is how it works!
- Sustainable travel - The best tips
Do you have any questions about the rated water bottles? With which bottle have you had the best experience? I am very much looking forward to your comments!
PS: I also gave you another Comparison of the best hair soaps in a bar made. They are a great, natural alternative for the shampoo from the plastic bottle. Feel free to check them out there next too!