Garbage bags and other plastic bags are still a huge problem for our environment. That's why today I'm going to show you one way you can fold plastic free garbage bags can. I'm going to give you a simple folding tutorial that will allow you to turn an old newspaper into a garbage bag. You don't need glue either. An old newspaper is the only thing you need to fold trash bags out of newsprint. Let's go!
Why fold plastic-free garbage bags?
One trillion plastic bags. That's the estimated number of plastic bags used worldwide each year. 90% of them end up in landfills. The average European citizen uses about 500 plastic bags. If you count only the garbage bags, you get about 176. In Germany, 10,000 plastic bags are consumed every minute.₁ As you can see, it is urgently time for something to change. The Zero Waste Lifestyle is already more than just a trend. And this DIY tutorial for your garbage bags from newspaper are an important part of it.
Folding garbage bags from newspaper - how to do it
1) First unfold two layers of newspaper.
2) Fold the short side of the newsprint inward enough to make a square. Then fold the upper left edge to the opposite side.
3) You can cut off the excess newspaper with scissors. When you bend the square, you should now have a triangle.
4) Fold a point onto the opposite side of the newsprint.
5) Take two layers of the paper and fold it upwards. Put the tips in the resulting "pocket".
6) Turn the newsprint over. Repeat the process on the other side.
7) This is how it should look in the end.
8) Finally, you can fold the ends of the bottom of the bag, so that the bag can stand well. Done!
Folding garbage bags from newspaper is easy!
As you could see, it's quite easy to fold garbage bags from newspaper. By the way, the DIY garbage bags can also be used for the Compost be used. Newspaper inks are now free of heavy metals and water-insoluble₂ (except for magazines). If you are already folding plastic-free garbage bags, you can also use them for other things. For example, to carry nuts, fruits, vegetables or other food in the supermarket. You can also use newsprint use for wrapping gifts.
Have you ever folded your trash bag from newspaper or do you have questions and suggestions for the DIY tutorial? Then write me a comment.
Best regards and have fun trying it out,
PS: Do you want to learn even more about how to plastic free living can? Then get the free e-book Get rid of the garbage!
I would like to make bags from newspaper. Unfortunately, these are much too small for the trash can. Is there another suggestion?
Hey Petra. Phew, so either you take a larger newspaper or you just try it without garbage bags at all - depending on what garbage you want to collect in it.
Do others have even better ideas?
Yes,I have decided to use the rectangular bags.I make stock when I sit in front of the TV.When the garbage bag is full,I take it away.
I've been doing this for years !!!!