Looking for effective serenity quotes? Then you've come to the right place! Calm people live happier and more contented lives - and usually react surprisingly cool, serene and composed even in unpleasant moments. But self-control does not always come so easily to us. Stress, impatience and excessive demands make it difficult to react in a calm and composed manner. Often, it's even the smallest things that provoke us to such an extent that we go on the attack, angry and emotionally charged. Fortunately, calmness, self-control and stoicism are things that can be trained. All it takes is a little inspiration.
Therefore, I would like to give you a collection of the most valuable sayings about composure, which may move you to keep calm and react confidently even in stressful situations. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about serenity have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
36 Quotes About Stoic Serenity, Serenity And Self-Control
Stress minimizes composure - unfortunately, it can also be stressful to constantly strive to be calm. It is easier to react sovereignly to unpleasant information or in emotional moments if you are at peace within yourself and truly calm. A sovereign person is emotionally stable, is at peace with himself and radiates security. He has confidence in himself and knows he can handle stress.
As promised, I'm going to give you some inspirational quotes about serenity. I hope they will make you more relaxed and help you never lose your temper again.
Create a picture with your favorite quote!
You like one of the quotes the most? Then you should turn it into a unique wall poster!
It's that simple:
- Choose a quote
- Type in quote + author
- Choose color and arrangement
- Order and enjoy!
Serenity Quotes 1 - 10
- "No one is free who does not lord over himself."„ (Matthias Claudius)
- "Be peaceful. Not taking revenge can also be a revenge." (Danny Kaye)
- "Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." (Thomas Jefferson)
- "Do not seek to have everything that happens happen as you wish, but wish for everything to happen as it actually does happen, and your life will be serene." (Epictetus)
- "Calmness is the graceful form of confidence." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "The nearer a man comes to a calm mind the closer he is to strenght." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Learn to stay calm. Not everything deserves a reaction." (Unknown)
- "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." (Viktor Frankl)
- "Enthusiasm is a supernatural serenity." (Henry David Thoreau)
Tip: Would you like to be a little calmer and calmer yourself? How you basically become more relaxedyou can read in the linked article.
Serenity Quotes 11 - 20
- "What cannot be changed, one cannot quarrel about." (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- "You have to take people as they are because there are no others." (Konrad Adenauer)
- "Serenity takes life seriously, but not hard." (Ernst Reinhardt)
- "We are living in dangerous times. Men control nature before they are even able to control themselves." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "The best fighter is never angry." (Lao Tzu)
- "Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity." (Thich Nhat Hanh)
- "Hectic wastes time; serenity enjoys and reflects on the essential, it knows what it doesn't need to believe." (Raymond Walden)
- "Solidarity is a sign of sovereignty and strength." (Hans Ludwig Herder)
- "In anger, man loses his intelligence." (Dalai Lama)
- "If you want to live in peace with yourself, you have to accept yourself as you are." (Selma Lagerlöf)
Tip: I have also brought you a collection of the best Self Love Quotes compiled. Have a look!
Serenity Quotes 21 - 30
- "Staying calm when being disrespected is a superpower." (Unknown)
- "Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is." (Thomas Szasz)
- "Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Serenity is insight into transience." (Andreas Tenzer)
- "Self-control is only courage under another form." (Samuel Smiles)
- "Change what cannot be accepted and accept what cannot be changed." (Reinhold Niebuhr)
- "Peace is the simplicity of heart, serenity of mind, tranquility of soul, the bond of love." (Pio of Pietrelcina)
- "Do your work, then step back. The only way to serenity." (Lao Tzu)
- "Self-control is solely a matter of mind control!" (Napoleon Hill)
- "As far as your self-control goes, as far goes your freedom." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Serenity Quotes 31 - 36
- "The game teaches you to keep your composure by putting on a cheerful face to a bad game." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- "Learn silence. With the quiet serenity of a meditative mind, listen, absorb, transcribe, and transform." (Pythagoras)
- "The more we value things outside our control, the less control we have." (Marcus Aurelius)
- "Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." (Dalai Lama)
- "What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter – a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue." (Henri Matisse)
- "I never lose. I either win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)
Can you think of any other sayings about stoic composure and level-headedness that I should definitely add to this list? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Using the best quotes about serenity, self-control and inner sovereignty as a source of personal inspiration!
Recognizing that you have often been tense and stressed lately, reacting accordingly sensitively to additional stressful situations and quickly becoming angry, is the first step. The second should be to specifically train your own resilience to become much more calm and maintain your composure even in the most unpleasant situations. Confidence in yourself and a certain balance are the basis for a stable, inner equilibrium, for calmness and composure. Learn to control yourself in a world where nothing else seems controllable.
I hope that with this collection of quotes I could give you a valuable, inspiring list. How do you manage to stay calm in moments of stress and react with thoughtfulness? Do you have questions or are you still missing a saying or two here? Then just write me a comment under this post.
PS.: You want live easier? In the linked article you will now learn how to put this plan into practice. Good luck!