Looking for inspirational Benjamin Franklin quotes? Then you can stop your search now! The American Benjamin Franklin was a successful politician, writer and scientist. Among other things, he created the theory of electricity and is the inventor of the lightning rod. Even more than 230 years after his death, his achievements are an inspiration to millions of people around the world.
Here I would like to present you now the most important sayings and quotations of Benjamin Franklin.
My please: Keep in mind that many of Franklins' quotes have been translated. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
30 Valuable Quotes And Sayings By Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin was not only an inventor and natural scientist. He was also a influential politician. For example, he was among the signers of the Declaration of Independence and was President of the Anti-Slavery Society. He is considered one of the most important representatives of the Enlightenment in America. Feel free to use his following quotes and wisdom as a constant source of inspiration.
Benjamin Franklin Quotes 1 - 10
- "Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults."
- "When the well is dry, we know the worth of water."
- "Happiness consists more in the small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life."
- "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."
- "If a woodchopper was given just five minutes to chop down a tree or lose his life, he better spend three minutes sharpening his ax."
- "The discontented man finds no easy chair."
- "If you would know the value of money, go try to borrow some."
- "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."
- "After crosses and losses men grow humbler and wiser."
- "Flesh eating is unprovoked murder."
Tip: I have also given you in a separate collection a cornucopia of Animal Welfare Quotes compiled. Look gladly times purely!
Benjamin Franklin Quotes 11 - 20
- "In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eat about twice as much as nature requires."
- "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
- "I have never seen the Philosopher’s Stone that turns lead into Gold, but I have known the pursuit of it turn a Man’s Gold into Lead."
- "At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment."
- "A truly great man will neither trample on a worm nor sneak to an emperor."
- "Lost Time is never found again."
- "He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money."
- "Those who have no goal in life itself can at least disrupt the progress of others."
- "If time be of all things the most precious, wasting time must be the greatest prodigality."
- "Nothing in this world is certain except death and taxes."
Benjamin Franklin Quotes 21 - 30
- "Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in no other."
- "Well done is better than well said."
- "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- "Creditors have better memories than debtors."
- "It is much easier to suppress a first desire than to satisfy those that follow."
- "Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship."
- "There never was a good war or a bad peace."
- "Failing To Prepare Is Preparing To Fail."
- "Avarice and Happiness never saw each other, how then should they become acquainted?"
- "There are three kinds of people: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those who move."
Can you think of any other sayings by Benjamin Franklin? Then feel free to write them directly to me in the comments.
Frequently asked questions about Benjamin Franklin
Who was Benjamin Franklin?
Benjamin Franklin was an American printer, writer, politician, inventor and scientist who lived from 1706 to 1790. He was instrumental in drafting the United States Declaration of Independence and was among the people who signed it in 1776.
What was Benjamin Franklin known for?
Benjamin Franklin is considered one of the founding fathers of the United States, as he helped draft and sign the Declaration of Independence. He also represented his country at the signing of the Peace of Paris in 1783. Furthermore, Franklin achieved great fame for the invention of the lightning rod.
Which inventions can be traced back to Benjamin Franklin?
In 1752 Benjamin Franklin invented the lightning rod when he wanted to prove that lightning consists of electrical energy. In addition, he is considered the inventor of bifocals (glasses that can be used for two different distances), the glass harmonica and the flexible urinary catheter, among other things.
Using these quotes by Benjamin Franklin for personal inspiration!
The many different themes of the quotes give an idea of how complex Benjamin Franklin was. Quite rightly, he is one of the greatest American personalities in history.
Finally, I would like to give you some further articles that fit in with his values and can also promote your personal development:
- Water scarcity - What is it?
- Vegan for human rights
- Sustainable foundation - tips & tricks
- Why live vegan?
Do you have any questions about the post or more quotes from Franklin? Then I'm looking forward to your message in the comments.