Looking for inspirational fantasy quotes and sayings about imagination? Then you've come to the right place! If you want to improve the world, you have to be able to imagine a world that is better. Without a healthy dose of fantasy and imagination, the motivation to change - and quite simply the innovation - would simply be missing.
However, the ability to imagine something in one's own thoughts and to combine memory contents into completely new scenarios and ideas does not only serve do-gooders. It fundamentally increases creativity, learning ability, relaxation, satisfaction and empathy of all people. Especially in childhood, it is therefore important to constantly stimulate one's own imagination.
In this article I would like to give you a list of quotes with short, valuable wisdom and sayings about imagination and fantasy. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about fantasy have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them and feel free to leave a corrective comment. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
40 Quotes About Fantasy And Imagination
Whether you want to make the world a more positive place or simply change on a small scale, it's tremendous fun to envision a certain vision in your mind and then do everything you can to make it a reality. To create something new, however, requires some imagination that goes beyond the things we already know or expect.
For example, the prediction that by 2050 there will be more plastic particles floating in the ocean than fish is one such idea that drives many people, live more plastic free and deal with the Zero Waste Lifestyle to employ.
Regardless of how you personally benefit from the following list, here are some fantasy quotes that should inspire you.
Fantasy Quotes 1 - 10
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." (Albert Einstein)
- "You can't rely on your eyes if your perceptions are out of focus." (Mark Twain)
- "Enjoy with imagination! All pleasures are ultimately imagination. Whoever has the best imagination has the greatest pleasure." (Theodor Fontane)
- "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." (Oscar Wilde)
- "Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly." (Leo Tolstoy)
- "The man who has no imagination has no wings." (Muhammad Ali)
- "This world is but a canvas to our imagination." (Henry David Thoreau)
- "Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." (Lloyd Alexander)
- "The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." (Pablo Picasso)
Tip: Many people find change very difficult. In the linked article you will learn from the psychological perspective why this is so.
Fantasy Quotes 11 - 20
- "The visionary starts with a clean sheet of paper and re-imagines the world." (Malcolm Gladwell)
- "It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." (Paulo Coelho)
- "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." (Albert Einstein)
- "Even the most industrious is nothing without imagination." (Heinrich Schliemann)
- "The beauty and mystery of the ocean, fills our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination." (M. L. Borges)
- "Imagination is the eye of the soul" (Joseph Joubert)
- "Fantasy is our good genius or demon." (Immanuel Kant)
- "The power of imagination makes us infinite." (John Muir)
- "People who know no fear have no imagination." (Erich Kästner)
- "Imagination, ideas, impulses and drive are the firewood for an fierily-lived intense life." (Christa Schyboll)
Fantasy Quotes 21 - 30
- "What a glorious gift is imagination, and what satisfaction it affords." (Thomas Mann)
- "Imagination is a wonderful quality, but you have to rein it in." (Erich Kästner)
- "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- "Imagination is like a muscle. I found out that the more I wrote, the bigger it got." (Philip José Farmer)
- "There are many sides to reality. Choose the one that's best for you. Escape into the world of imagination." (Eugène Ionesco)
- "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you want, you want what you imagine, and finally you create what you want." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Everything you can imagine is real." (Pablo Picasso)
- "You need imagination in order to imagine a future that doesn’t exist." (Azar Nafisi)
- "Everyone needs a fantasy." (Andy Warhol)
- "To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything." (Anatole France)
Tip: At Dreams Quotes I have also compiled an inspiring and matching list of these sayings. Feel free to have a look there as well!
Fantasy Quotes 31 - 40
- "Children and old people are dreaming. The first because their intellect has not yet won the mastery over imagination, the second because it has lost it." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Freedom of imagination is not flight into the unreal, it is not escape, it is daring and invention." (Eugène Ionesco)
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." (Walt Disney)
- "Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination." (Immanuel Kant)
- "Fantasy, if it is truly compelling, cannot become obsolete - for the simple reason that it represents an escape into a dimension that lies outside of time." (Forest Disney)
- "Until you become a parent, you can't begin to discover your capacity for strength, love and fatigue." (Peter Gallagher)
- "Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real." (Jules Verne)
- "Every imagination has a tendency to be realized." (Émile Coué)
- "Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." (Stephen King)
- "Having imagination doesn't mean to make things up, it means to make something out of things." (Thomas Mann)
Frequently asked questions about fantasy
What is meant by the imagination?
Imagination is the ability to create new imaginative images before the mind's eyes from one's own wealth of experience.
How do you stimulate the imagination?
Fortunately, a person's imagination can be trained and stimulated. It arises as soon as we can give our thoughts free rein. For example, children become more imaginative when they hear fairy-tale stories. Reading books (e.g. fantasy young adult novels), doing handicrafts or special DIY projects also stimulate the imagination.
Why is imagination so important?
A good imagination is quite crucial for the cognitive development of children. Those who have a great power of imagination are better able to put themselves in the shoes of other people and also objectives. Imagination helps us explore the environment and learn from our own experiences. It increases our creativity and flexibility.
Can you think of any other sayings about fantasy that I've forgotten here? Then always come up with your ideas in the comments!
Use fantasy quotes and sayings about imagination!
People without imagination just live aimlessly into the day. That's perfectly fine now and then - but you don't want to spend your whole life without vision, wishes and goals, do you? Therefore, use this collection of sayings to make you and other people aware of how valuable a good imagination is for your own life - and maybe even for the whole world.
The Economist Maja Göpel has used her powers of imagination with her Book "Rethinking Our World: An Invitation" has already proven its worth. In it, you'll learn why the environment and society are under stress - and how we can shape a sustainable future together. I can only warmly recommend this book to you. here you get it*.
I hope that I could inspire you with the sayings from this overview. Do you have any questions or more quotes about the ability to escape reality and imagine a picture in the future? Then I'm already looking forward to your comment.
PS: Also for the Designing a sustainable garden it takes a little imagination! In the linked article you will get useful tips!