Looking for effective quotes about good parenting, parents and kids? Then you've come to the right place! How we are brought up is the key to what we will be when we grow up. For example, a person who Environmental problems of our time accelerated - or someone who is passionate and active against them. Someone who is helpful - or someone who is selfish. Our upbringing significantly determines who we will be in the future.
In this article, I would like to give you the most valuable sayings, aphorisms and wisdoms about children, parents and well-behaved as a small source of inspiration. Have fun!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about rising children have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The 70 Best Quotes And Sayings About Good Parenting
There are actually many people who not have children to protect the environment want. In principle, this form of consideration is very laudable. But in all likelihood, the offspring would also be Educate to be an environmentally conscious, compassionate person. In the end, there would be one less person in the world committed to protecting the environment. In the end, it is as simple as it sounds.
Use the following quotes to help you become aware of the importance of good parenting in a child's life. Feel free to also reminisce about your own childhood memories.
Parenting Quotes 1 - 10
- "Education consists of two things: example and love." (Friedrich Froebel)
- "Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "If we are to reach real peace in the world, we shall have to begin with the children." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "Children are guests asking for directions." (Maria Montessori)
- "Becoming a father isn't difficult, But it's very difficult to be a father." (Wilhelm Busch)
- "The first principle of child-rearing is to choose a good mother." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "That bad manners are so prevalent in the world is the fault of good manners." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Kids don't do what we say, they do what we do." (Jesper Juul)
- "You can do anything with children if you only play with them." (Otto von Bismarck)
Parenting Quotes 11 - 20
- "Children you don't love become adults that don't love." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "There is very little you can beat into a child, but no limit to what you can hug out of it." (Astrid Lindgren)
- "You may give them [your children] your love but not your thoughts, For they have their own thoughts." (Khalil Gibran)
- "You can't change anything about your ancestors, but you can effect what becomes of your descendants." (François de La Rochefoucauld)
- "We don't need to educate our children, they imitate everything we do anyway." (Karl Valentin)
- "It is the punishment of our own youthful sins that we must be lenient against those of our children." (Friedrich Hebbel)
- "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." (Nelson Mandela)
- "Many would never speak with a full mouth, but do it with an empty head." (Orson Welles)
- "The things which the child loves remain in the domain of the heart until old age." (Khalil Gibran)
- "Babies and animals are the mirrors of nature." (Epicurus)
Tip: In education, for example, it is important to give children space for their curiosity and creativity and to let them make their own decisions. Also the targeted Improvement of general knowledge of your own offspring is an essential part of being a parent. I'll be happy to explain how this works in principle in the linked blog post.
Parenting Quotes 21 - 30
- "Children are like a book which we should write in and which we should read." (Peter Rosegger)
- "Over a ditch that a child can jump with its own power without danger, I must not lift it over." (Gustav Friedrich Dinter)
- "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." (Mark Twain)
- "The one thing every parent in the world knows is how other people's children should be raised." (Alice Miller)
- "Educating means setting an example. Everything else is dressage at best." (Oswald Bumke)
- "In children, you relive your own life – and only now you fully understand it." (Søren Kierkegaard)
- "Education is the organized defence of adults against youth." (Mark Twain)
- "Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten." (B.F. Skinner)
- "Only the living example educates, passing simultaneously from age to youth, from youth to age." (Achim von Arnim)
- "Work is one of the best educators of practical character." (Samuel Smiles)
Parenting Quotes 31 - 40
- "If children are allowed to do what they see done in the environment, they will perform a series of exercises which have no external purpose, but which are a preparation for the activity which is to follow." (Maria Montessori)
- "In life man first learns to walk and talk. Later to sit still and shut up." (Marcel Pagnol)
- "Let the youth go their own way, but a few signposts won't hurt." (Pearl S. Buck)
- "On the play of a child, you can guess how it will take his life's mission." (Rudolf Steiner)
- "Raising a child is easy. The only hard thing is to love the result." (Werner Schneyder)
- "Sooner or later, every young man makes the startling discovery that even parents can be right here and there." (André Malraux)
- "Only until you know exactly what your grandchildren have become, you can judge if you've raised your children well." (Erich Maria Remarque)
- "Whoever promises something to children, be it a game, a gift or be it the rod, keep it like an oath." (Peter Rosegger)
- "To create a culture, it's not enough to tap your fingers with a ruler." (Albert Camus)
- "It is not the possession of material goods that illuminates children's years, but the love and state of mind of their parents." (Rudolf von Tavel)
Tip: Education and a good upbringing usually go hand in hand. Also feel free to let the Best Quotes About Education inspire.
Parenting Quotes 41 - 50
- "The life of parents is the book their children read." (Saint Augustine)
- "Every education is self-education, and as teachers we can only provide the environment for children’s self-education." (Rudolf Steiner)
- "Well-being wearies the mind; difficulties educate and strengthen it." (Petrarch)
- "Wanting to educate a man to become a man is vain human stuff. He is created by God to be a man – but all the historical wealth which his family have taken over and collected and faithfully hands over to him, that is education." (Achim von Arnim)
- "Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own." (Aristotle)
- "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)
- "Thoughts often - like children and dogs - want you to walk them outdoors." (Christian Morgenstern)
- "By reason, not by force, men should be led to the truth." (Denis Diderot)
- "He who mocks or lies in the presence of children commits a death worthy crime." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "To stimulate life, leaving it free, however, to unfold itself–that is the first duty of the educator." (Maria Montessori)
Tip: A good education lays the foundation for children to become real personalities. At Personality Quotes you will get more inspiration.
Parenting Quotes 51 - 60
- "Until you become a parent, you can't begin to discover your capacity for strength, love and fatigue." (Peter Gallagher)
- "The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is." (George Bernard Shaw)
- "Being a loving parent, taking good care of offspring, being a dutiful child, and supporting siblings. These obligations are considered to be forms of self-realization." (Confucius)
- "Those who cannot remember clearly their own childhood are poor educators." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "A good education consists in hiding how much you think of yourself, and how little you think of others." (Jean Cocteau)
- "Education takes and respects every being. As a bud on the great tree of life." (Friedrich Froebel)
- "Education is the process by which an adult, using all of his knowledge, tells children a quarter of what they already know." (Wolfgang Herbst)
- "Children are the sweetest pledge in marriage; they bind and preserve the bond of love." (Martin Luther)
- "It takes a village to raise a child." (African proverb)
- "The more we love our children, the less it can be enough for us that they merely follow in our footsteps." (Friedrich Schleiermacher)
Parenting Quotes 61 - 70
- "There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "A mother only does her children harm if she makes them the only concern of her life." (William Somerset Maugham)
- "You could give birth to educated children if the parents were educated." (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "In the little world in which children have their existence, whosoever brings them up, there is nothing so finely perceived and so finely felt as injustice." (Charles Dickens)
- "Good manners are made up of petty sacrifices." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "Children are progress itself – trust the child." (Rainer Maria Rilke)
- "Children and old people are dreaming. The first because their intellect has not yet won the mastery over imagination, the second because it has lost it." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The best proof of a good education is punctuality." (Gotthold Ephraim Lessing)
- "I fear our overly careful parenting is providing us with dwarf fruit." (Georg Christoph Lichtenberg)
- "The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Can you think of any other parenting quotes and sayings about parents and kids? Then always come up with your favorite sayings in the comments!
Frequently asked questions about parenting
What is meant by education?
Under the term education is understood the pedagogical influence on the development and conduct of children and adolescents.
Why is education so important?
Education, for example, takes Influence on mental health, the Life attitude and the Self-image.
It also promotes Self-responsibility, consideration and also the Communication behavior. A young child cannot instinctively do the things that society expects of him. Therefore, it depends on good education by its parents or guardians as a role model.
What does a good education look like?
A good education is characterized by love, joy, respect, education, emotional warmth, cooperation, curiosity. Encouragement and communication - it prepares children and young people for adult life as best as possible.
Using Quotes About Parenting, Parents And Children In Everyday Life
As parents or guardians, we are responsible for raising our children to be empathetic, loving, thoughtful, and leaders. We give them fundamental values to take with them on the road, which they ultimately contest themselves.
Here are some final further articles that will help you in your role modeling and good parenting:
- Teaching children about environmental protection - here's how
- Make plastic free advent calendar
- Waste prevention at school - tips & tricks
- Reasons for environmental protection at school
I hope that by sharing these quotes about good parenting with you, I have been able to provide you with a valuable source of inspiration. Can you think of any other parenting quotes or do you have any questions about this collection of sayings? Then just write me a comment.