Are you looking for inspiring Waste Avoidance Quotes and the Zero Waste lifestyle? Great! Because here you will find a collection of the best sayings in the fight against plastic waste in the environment - one of the greatest environmental problems of our time. But this problem doesn't solve itself. Some days, therefore, you need an extra boost of motivation and inspiration.
I would now like to provide you with some rousing quotes about waste avoidance, zero waste and plastic waste. Let's go!
My please: Keep in mind that many of the quotes about zero waste have been translated into English from other languages. I cannot guarantee that it is the original quote in each case. Therefore, double check them before you share them. If you like and share any of the quotes in the internet, please link this elaborately created collection. Thank you for your support!
The Best Zero Waste Quotes About Avoiding Plastic Waste
So, now I don't want to waste too much time. After all, we are on a mission to fight plastic waste in the environment. Here you will find the best quotes about waste prevention, zero waste and all topics that are closely related to it. Just let yourself be inspired!
Waste Prevention Quotes #1-10
- "It's pretty amazing that our society has reached a point where the effort necessary to extract oil from the ground, ship it to a refinery, turn it into plastic, shape it appropriately, truck it to a store, but it, and bring it home is considered to be less effort that what it takes to just wash the spoon when you're done with it." (Unknown)
- "The cause of environmental pollution is man himself: the poisoning of his mind, the ravaging of his soul." (Phil Bosmans)
- "Your receipt is your ballot. Every damn time." (Unknown)
- "We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly." (Anne Marie Bonneau)
- "Do something drastic – cut the plastic!" (Unknown)
- "We have forgotten how to be a good guest, how to walk lightly on the earth as other creatures do." (Barbara Ward)
- "It can't be right to make billions of objects that are only used for a few minutes and then are with us for centuries." (Roz Savage)
- "There is no «away». If we throw something away, it has to go somewhere." (Annie Leonard)
- "«It's just one straw», said eight billion people."», 8 billion people said." (Unknown)
- "The world changes by your example, not by your opinion." (Paulo Coelho)
Tip: If you want to learn more about living plastic-free, take a look at my great article on the plastic free lifestyle. Have fun!
Waste Prevention Quotes #11-20
- "Be yourself the change you wish to see in this world." (Mahatma Gandhi)
- "In Germany, he who points out the dirt is considered much more dangerous than he who made it." (Carl von Ossietzky)
- "A Zero Waste Lifestyle is a journey. Not a destination." (Unknown)
- "The most environmentally friendly product is the one you didn't buy." (Joshua Becker)
- "Less plastic is more." (Unknown)
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)
- "Be part of the solution, not part of the pollution." (Unknown)
- "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." (Edward Everett Hale)
- "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." (Jane Goodall)
- "Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." (Desmond Tutu)
Waste Prevention Quotes #21-32
- "If we unbalance nature, humankind will suffer. Furthermore, as people alive today, we must consider future generations: a clean environment is a human right like any other." (Dalai Lama)
- "The best garbage is the garbage that doesn't get created in the first place." (Unknown)
- "We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in change. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." (Howard Zinn)
- "Today's man has become more dangerous to nature than it has ever been to him." (Hans Jonas)
- "Plastic will be the main ingredient of all our grandchildren's recipes." (Anthony T. Hincks)
- "We don't have a plastic problem. We have a convenience problem." (Unknown)
- "Remember, it's called «best before» and not «immediately fatal off». «Best before» and not «Immediately fatal».“ (Unknown)
- "It's as if the Earth has been smoking two packs of cigarettes a day!" (Ove Hoegh-Guldberg)
- "We deal with this world as if we had a second one in the trunk." (Jane Fonda)
- "Ultimately humanity is one, and this small planet is our only home. If we're to protect this home of ours, each of us needs to experience a vivid sense of universal altruism and compassion." (Dalai Lama)
- "What we do today will determine what the world looks like tomorrow." (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it." (Robert Swan)
Using Quotes About Waste Reduction To Educate
Use these sayings to motivate yourself to reduce waste and also to inspire others. The quotes should be inspiration enough for you to question your own behavior and make positive changes. Be a role model and lead the way instead of running along and carrying on as before. The Zero Waste Lifestyle is a great opportunity for us - one that is absolutely easy to implement without sacrificing quality of life.
Do you have any other Zero Waste quotes that are missing here? Or questions and suggestions for improvement? Then always bring them to us in the comments.