A sustainable statutory health insurance - Does it really exist? The green health insurance company that cares about the environment and your own well-being and promotes a healthy and environmentally conscious lifestyle? Yes! And I had - admittedly and to my own amazement - not heard of it until recently.
In this article, I would like to show you why it pays to switch to a sustainable, statutory health insurance and where you are best off. Let's go!
Here is another short Table of contents about the article:
My personal favorite in advance: the BKK ProVita. In the rest of this article, you'll learn exactly why.
Why sustainable statutory health insurance?
In the past, I honestly thought that it didn't really matter which statutory health insurance company I was insured with. The only thing that really mattered to me was that I was covered if I got injured playing soccer or had other health problems. Today, I'm smarter and know that the philosophy of a statutory health insurance fund is also important - especially if you're seriously insure sustainably would like. The following 5 benefits come with being environmentally conscious with health insurance.
1. sustainable lifestyles are promoted
Whether Zero Waste or the Start into vegan life - green health insurance promotes and rewards a eco-conscious lifestyle. For example, directly through free participation in appropriate workshops and seminars or indirectly by promoting the offer of vegan or vegetarian meals in public institutions. Ultimately, this has health benefits for you as an insured person and, of course, for the insurance company as well. For example, insured persons are often also rewarded for eating as much car free life lead.
2. green health insurance companies operate sustainably
Since the entire corporate philosophy is usually one of sustainability, the work processes at a sustainable health insurance company are also adapted accordingly. Small vehicle fleets and targeted promotion of local public transport. Avoidance of plastic waste and fair treatment of employees at all times. This is what distinguishes an environmentally friendly health insurance company and should also serve as a model for any company.
3. investing money in green health insurance is sustainable
We don't need a statutory health insurance that uses its customers' money to support companies in the nuclear power, genetic engineering or weapons industries. A health insurance company whose banner says sustainability would rather invest in renewable energies or fair and ecological agriculture. Thus, as an insured person, you only support projects that work sustainably or promote sustainability.
4. sustainable health insurance promotes natural healing methods
Yes, there are also health insurance companies that not only recommend tablets from the big pharmaceutical companies, but also have an open ear for homeopathy and modern natural healing methods based on herbs. You can also call a health insurance company sustainable(er) if it prevents illnesses by providing financial support for preventive examinations and does not only react when you already have an illness.
5. sustainable industries are financed
I, too, was previously unaware that I was helping to finance wars, animal experiments, child labor or genetic engineering when I took out insurance with a conventional health insurance company without a sustainability philosophy. I simply didn't know any better and thus indirectly and unconsciously promoted the wrong industries.
Which statutory health insurance is sustainable?
I did a lot of research myself to find out if my personal health insurance also met the criteria mentioned above. In the end it is the BKK ProVita because sustainability is not only written in capital letters there, but also thought out further.
15 reasons for BKK ProVita
The following 15 reasons ultimately made me switch:
- Way of life: Those who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet will be reimbursed €200 - in combination with other bonus benefits.
- Investment: The health insurance company works together with GLS Bank to consciously invest in sustainable projects.
- Climate: The sustainable insurance operates climate-neutrally and helps to reduce the Stop climate change. You can learn more about this in the article about the global warming.
- Sustainability Officer: BKK ProVita has filled this position in order, for example, to monitor the company's own CO2-emissions and to purchase environmentally friendly office supplies.
- Medicine: With BKK ProVita, homeopathic treatments are covered and you are reimbursed €500 for costs of homeopathic medicines (herbal cough syrup, globules, etc.).
- Osteopathy: Also for osteopathic treatments (4 sessions per year) about 400€ of the costs are reimbursed by BKK Pro Vita.
- Consulting: If you want to know more, for example, you can get a detailed and free consultation for a vegan/vegetarian everyday life.
- Change: It is uncomplicated to switch to sustainable health insurance. Apply, fill out, done.
- Prevention: In the partner hotels of BKK ProVita I get health care and recreation in combination.
- Termination: Even if you are dissatisfied, you can switch again after 18 months of legal commitment with 2 months' notice.
- Common Good Certificate: The health insurance company is a member of the Common Good Economy and also calls on other companies to align their own actions with the common good.
- Thinking ahead: Sustainable Health Insurance is committed to fighting corruption in the healthcare sector and has also set up a position within the company for this purpose.
- Overview: The Website of the BKK ProVita is clearly laid out. Whether it's nutrition tips, forms or benefits in the event of a claim - you'll find everything quickly.
- Service: If you have any questions or problems, you will receive answers and solutions quickly by e-mail or free of charge by phone.
- Mode of operation: BKK ProVita uses green electricity and consciously procures working materials in the office in a sustainable manner.
Treat naturally and prevent diseases
It is one thing to support homeopathic treatment, but it is also another thing to prevent diseases before they develop. Since the BKK ProVita also supports preventive examinations financially, you are on the safe side.
Here you can easily Switch to BKK ProVita or even get more information first. It's worth it, I promise.
Change to a sustainable statutory health insurance
As you can see, there are many good reasons to switch to a truly sustainable health insurance. With BKK ProVita, you are with an insurance company that follows a nature-conscious philosophy in its daily work, as well as in its in-house financial investments and disease prevention.
The beauty of this is also that we all, as policyholders, have an insight into the investments of our health insurance at all times and know which projects are supported by our investments. And if something should happen, this sustainable health insurance is there for you just as conventional insurance is. One more reason to switch now. Here you can request the necessary information.
Do you have any questions, tips, or your own experiences with eco-friendly, public health insurance that you'd like to share? Then feel free to leave me a comment below this post.
PS.: I also have a detailed Comparison of sustainable banks carried out. When investing your money, you should also make sure that you are not unknowingly supporting nuclear power, the weapons industry or other dangerous industries.